Aiden grimshaw..wtf

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I don't know why some people can't seem to get the concept of personal taste.

Some don't like him, some like me think he's great :)

^this.

Fed up with reading threads on peope's views as if what they say is Gospel and anyone disagreeing is obviousy stupid or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall we close the forum? :confused:
    :D
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^this.

Fed up with reading threads on peope's views as if what they say is Gospel and anyone disagreeing is obviousy stupid or something.

I think that sometimes people don't necessarily mean what they posted. They come to express their suprise that someone seems to be so popular but it comes across as disapproval.
  • greig andrewgreig andrew Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunk_1 wrote: »
    Well apparently his mad world got to number 5 in the charts so people obviously liked it! You think Aiden didn't deserve to make it to 9th?? You actually think that Katie, Wagner, One direction deserved to outlast Aiden in the competition? And that in fact he shouldve gone before that? Seriously?

One direction and katie were actually far superior vocally than any of aidens performaces..his voice is very hit and miss, and he hits quite a lot of bum notes..inconsistent..then again im only judging on his performances on x factor..and yes he was better than wagner, if u read correctly i stated that he was "one" of the weakest, not the weakest!!:rolleyes:
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think he's got the potential to make brilliant music. I love his style and I love his voice. Mad World was amazing and an XF performance I'll always remember, as was Nothing Compares 2 U. He had his (very) dodgy weeks but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a good singer, with a USP and a devoted fanbase already.

I'd buy his stuff. His voice is very distinctive.

This is getting boring.

I agree with you AGAIN :p

Even Aiden's dodgy weeks had moments of magic in them. I would have loved for him to have stayed longer and even been in the final. If Matt wasn't in I may even have wanted him to win, whilst thinking that he didn't really deserve to in terms of consistant standard. :D

In my rosy vision. He stays friends with Matt, who becomes a mega star and Aiden goes to Uni does the student thing and a few guest appearances with Matt and gets a recording contract in a few years.

(not expecting you to agree with the last bit ):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    Shall we close the forum? :confused:

No of course not lol. But others should respect the fact that not everyone will agree with their opinion. I personally cannot abide Cher but I don't start threads slagging off how rubbish she is and therefore why has she got a record deal. Aiden is very love/hate and whilst I can totally see why some will not like him there are plenty of us who do.

There isn't a singer alive who everyone will like. I know loads of people who hate Queen, one of THE greatsest bands in history in my opinion- but that's the key- in MY opinion. Too many people put their opinion across like some sort of fact, rather than just their personal viewpoint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One direction and katie were actually far superior vocally than any of aidens performaces..his voice is very hit and miss, and he hits quite a lot of bum notes..inconsistent..then again im only judging on his performances on x factor..and yes he was better than wagner, if u read correctly i stated that he was "one" of the weakest, not the weakest!!:rolleyes:

You said that he only stayed as long as he did because of the girl vote implying he actually should've gone before that! That's what I was asking about. Doesn't matter if Katie was good (I don't think she was) people wernt voting for her and it was her 4th time in the bottom two. So what if he hits some bum notes, so did Rebecca and Cher and even Matt sometimes. Aiden has that little something special and for us fans we see something different and exciting with him. He's not conventional and his vocal tone is really unique.

Edit: One Direction better than Aiden? When did they do any singing lol? All I heard was a backing track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people calm the f***k down ok..

: I didnt start this thread to hate on the guy, all im simply saying is i dont get this twitter hype about record deals and what not, because IN MY OPINION, he doesnt have a great voice, his sound, as distinctive as it may be, isnt the most "tunefull" of voices.yes he can sing, but its inconsistent, and many songs he sang on the show, he really did seem to struggle to hit the notes, because his voice simply was not strong enough to reah them..but good luck to him! paige was far a better singer, yet there more than likely wont be nothing heard of him!shame!!

anyways im a singer myself..heres a youtube vid of one of my original songs, feel free to critisise away ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdiFDPvjAI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting boring.

Even Aiden's dodgy weeks had moments of magic in them. I would have loved for him to have stayed longer and even been in the final. If Matt wasn't in I may even have wanted him to win, whilst thinking that he didn't really deserve to in terms of consistant standard. :D

In my rosy vision. He stays friends with Matt, who becomes a mega star and Aiden goes to Uni does the student thing and a few guest appearances with Matt and gets a recording contract in a few years.

What were you hoping for? Some Houdini escapology? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people calm the f***k down ok..

: I didnt start this thread to hate on the guy, all im simply saying is i dont get this twitter hype about record deals and what not, because IN MY OPINION, he doesnt have a great voice, his sound, as distinctive as it may be, isnt the most "tunefull" of voices.yes he can sing, but its inconsistent, and many songs he sang on the show, he really did seem to struggle to hit the notes, because his voice simply was not strong enough to reah them..but good luck to him! paige was far a better singer, yet there more than likely wont be nothing heard of him!shame!!

We know were just answering your question not trying to get in an argument:) Paije is probably better technically but a good voice isn't worth anything in the music industry anymore unfortunately, you need something a bit more special/different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well true, he will have a career anyways..so what im saying wont change a thing:cool:

anyways im a singer myself..heres a youtube vid of one of my original songs, feel free to critisise away ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdiFDPvjAI
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    If you dont like him fair enough but why should that mean that people who do like him shouldnt get to hear more?

I think that Liam gallagher is the most overrated **** of my lifetime, he cant sing, make music he has an overinflated sense of himself and is a full on dick, however, I dont go around saying that he shouldnt put music out etc.

Different horses for courses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a voice as good as any that participated this year and better than many. ;)
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I liked about Aiden was he was prepared to take a few chances each week. Some of them didn't work but when he was good, he was a stand out performer on the show for me.

Depending on the route his music takes, I might buy his album. But I didn't actually vote for him as the show is so manipulated I don't see the point!
  • Indigo_19Indigo_19 Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where were all these fans when he came last after Katie Weasel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indigo_19 wrote: »

Earning ourselves respect by choosing not to partake in the pointless act of voting :p
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Indigo_19 wrote: »

No one has fans on this show until they get a chance to release music (especially an album) and it sells/charts well. Winning phone votes doesn't mean that much if you ask Joe, Leon or Steve Brookstein.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting boring.

Totally agree with you, and I actually like that idea! Aiden so looks like a grumpy student, he'd love uni. I'm sure he and Matt will continue their beautiful bromance, nothing to worry about there :)

As for whichever insightful FM suggested that Aiden doesn't have many fans because he came bottom of the vote when up against Waissel/Fontaine/Vogel - erm, Cher came bottom of the vote TWICE and was still put through to the final. She has fans, and is in with a shout of a record deal. Why not the same for Aiden? If he'd been saved over Katie like Cher was over Paije and Mary, he may well have gone a lot further. Who knows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    All this twitter trending business about aiden getting a record deal?..honestly i dont get it at all..im sure he is a nice guy but hes not a great singer at all.his version of jealous guy was honestly brutal :eek: overrated by far..imo he was one of the weakest singers this year to get to the finals..

None of the finalists on X factor this year were great singers in my opinion, Aiden seems to be a very nervous character especially live.
    Looking back I really enjoyed the way he did Thriller and I think he has his own distintive sound. He could (given the chance be a good recording artist as he is unique) This is open to interpretation though as many people will disagree. I see and hear something in his performances that if managed correctly could bring him great success in the music industry.
    He needs to find confidence from somewhere, (I think he said he used to sing to his relatives from behind a door)

He has potentially a better sound than most in my opinion and could yet be the most successful contestant from this years X factor, time will tell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member

This comment alone shows how much you know about vocal techniques and stuffs.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earning ourselves respect by choosing not to partake in the pointless act of voting :p

Just a thought, but why was voting pointless? The further he gets on the show, the more exposure he would have got and a bigger chance at getting recognition. If all you many who said you didn't vote because it was "pointless", had voted, he may have ended in the top 4 and got the elusive recording contract which you're now all petitioning for and we wouldn't need these 2 threads.

Or was it pointless because you accept there were not enough of you to make any difference?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He murdered Thriller, that in itself means he was worthy of being eliminated.
  • spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this twitter trending business about aiden getting a record deal?..honestly i dont get it at all..im sure he is a nice guy but hes not a great singer at all.his version of jealous guy was honestly brutal :eek: overrated by far..imo he was one of the weakest singers this year to get to the finals..

Isn't it happy that we folks in the big 'ole world all have different tastes. Who can say what the future holds for anyone off of the X Factor or otherwise. The music industry is pretty (understatement) pants anyway these days, let's be honest. But is it so incredulity inducing a concept that Aiden does have fans who really want to hear what kind of material he'd make himself, and desperately hope he'll get a deal and be able to release something: for him & for us?

Regarding Aiden's singing, I think he has a great voice with a lovely tone and lots of power behind it (except on high notes) as well as having a uniqueness in how he sings, but of course he did lose control on the live shows, and when he loses it he can proper lose it. But I think it was likely the pressure & there was so much exaggeration around all that stuff. I mean, please :rolleyes:. Only Jealous Guy was affected, and even that I feel could have been great if Aiden had had longer than 2 minutes to continue with it. But this is all besides any point. Let's face it, there's a lot of people in the world who can sing a pretty tune. With an artist you're going to be a true fan of, the performer needs to make you feel. That's really all that matters, and Aiden can do that for me so it's all good I guess, no? :)

If it really is inconceivable why we want success for Aiden, here's some videos of why we want that, not from Aiden's time on the X Factor. You can criticise these of course, but maybe it'll help you understand, maybe not...

Aiden using guitar & playing some songs at a school just 'cause of everything Aiden does, this is when I think he's proper at his best and really moves me, so I hope you get that from this even if it leaves you cold personally.

Secondly, it makes me laugh a little when Aiden is considered so very awkward, because at post X Factor gigs he hasn't been thus, so let's try to find a fun video... Oh there are too many to be bothered searching through, but here is one - the first time he sang this with the words still haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52jDkY5Wgg.

Regarding fan base and leaving the show early on. Personally, the week Aiden left, I did vote, and quite a bit too (I don't usually X Factor vote)... not a ridiculous amount though, because even though I was very worried Aiden might be in the bottom two, deep down, I didn't actually seriously believe he'd have the least votes. I thought the following week he'd likely be in the bottom two, but I was sure Katie and Paige at least would be before Aiden, so when we knew it was just one person going I reckoned he'd be OK.... If I reckoned really he should be safe as a fan who was worried anyway, likely a lot of people thought similarly. But my point was supposed to be that I posted on Aiden's AT thread at that time and followed his twitter and both increased exponentially in their followers and the speed they moved after Aiden left. I don't know why, but Aiden seemed to gether a lot more support after he left the show. :confused:

Again, none of this matters too much. What matters is what fans Aiden'll have hopefully when he releases his own stuff, and I am excited to hear what that may be and think it would be really interesting and hopefully fabulous. Can't say it will be, but here's hoping personally for something interesting and all :). I really do think that he has a lot of potential to have a dedicated fanbase as a musician. Maybe not a massive fan base: I couldn't care less and I kinda would in a way rather it weren't too large as the more mainstream, the more diluted what he'd do people may want him to be??? As long as I can hear whatever it is that he does next I'll be happy.

xxx ehehe Sorry I went onandonandon???????????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought, but why was voting pointless? The further he gets on the show, the more exposure he would have got and a bigger chance at getting recognition. If all you many who said you didn't vote because it was "pointless", had voted, he may have ended in the top 4 and got the elusive recording contract which you're now all petitioning for and we wouldn't need these 2 threads.

Or was it pointless because you accept there were not enough of you to make any difference?

I'd say voting was pointless no matter what contestant you're gunning for; not because Aiden didn't have enough fans :rolleyes: I highly doubt Aiden would ever have got to the top four, I'm an Aiden fan but I can accept that. He's too marmite, especially for the X Factor. But I never have and never will vote for any of the contestants on these shows because I do think it's pointless. Simon Cowell knows how to manipulate the show in order to get people to vote for the acts he wants through.

Plus Aiden fans don't want Aiden to get a record deal with Simon Cowell so it's a good thing in the long run that Aiden went out early as he did.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't you know you're not allowed to think Aiden is bad around here? See Jennyc93's post above and note the language she uses. Certain people here feel insulted if you say you don't understand why anyone would think he was any good, yet it seems to be deemed acceptable to tell someone to **** off. Strange.