Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    timetogetagriptimetogetagrip Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I knew who it was who suggested Gail should try the comedy approach, gosh it's so annoying.
    It just does not work for me, am I alone though?

All the sneeky contact Fiz had with Chesney yet she just throws the money in her pocket and walks out of the pub. Minutes later, we see the police at the door we are told that she told them where they were.
    Why I ask did she allow her brother to drive all that way with the money, money she knows they could ill afford yet she then informs the police. Crazy.

If you were watching when Chesney arrived he said he wanted to talk her out of what she was doing. Obviously after he had gone she thought about what he said and called the police.

It was clearly not minutes later when the police arrived but sometime later.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I knew who it was who suggested Gail should try the comedy approach, gosh it's so annoying.

All the sneeky contact Fiz had with Chesney yet she just throws the money in her pocket and walks out of the pub. Minutes later, we see the police at the door we are told that she told them where they were.
    Why I ask did she allow her brother to drive all that way with the money, money she knows they could ill afford yet she then informs the police. Crazy.

Chesney drove all that way to try to convince Fiz to do the right thing. He succeeded.

Agreed - Gail should NOT attempt comedy.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Chesney drove all that way to try to convince Fiz to do the right thing. He succeeded.

Agreed - Gail should NOT attempt comedy.

I know Chesney tried to talk her out of it but she wasn't having any of it yet suddenly changed her mind. Just seems a bit daft to me. She knew full well what she was getting into with him.
    It was her that got him into this situation in the first place by going to see "her solicitor" and advising him to wed Kirsty.
    I just find the whole story so far fetched after starting out with DV story that seemed quite plausible.
    The producers have over stretched this story and completly spoilt it I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were watching when Chesney arrived he said he wanted to talk her out of what she was doing. Obviously after he had gone she thought about what he said and called the police.

It was clearly not minutes later when the police arrived but sometime later.

If he really wanted to talk her out of it, he wouldn't have taken the money.
    Ok, maybe not minutes later, I will own up to that, it was just a saying. Didn't realise the time element was that important:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand it.

Chesney collected as much money as he could quickly lay his hands on to help his sister. He then had the long drive to consider carefully what the consequences would be for Fiz. When he arrived he tried to talk her into seeing sense. When he believed he had failed he gave her the money as he knew she would need it. Fiz then had time to think carefully about what Chesney had said and decided there was no future in running away and causing more trouble so she contacted the Police.

As Fiz is not the sharpest knife in the draw she probably believed the Police, who would promise anything to get Tyrone, when they told her she did the right thing and Tyrone would be treated gently.

Fact - the Police lie. If Fiz had ever listened to the news she would know this.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail complained about having to live in a room with "two outside walls". Is it likely that a house that size would have a room without two outside walls?
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a good laugh to myself when Gail was going on about the Queen bee and her loyal subjects. She failed to mention that worker bees can create a new Queen and either chuck the old Queen out/kill her or the new one will take half the hive with her to start a new colony :D
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I had a good laugh to myself when Gail was going on about the Queen bee and her loyal subjects. She failed to mention that worker bees can create a new Queen and either chuck the old Queen out/kill her or the new one will take half the hive with her to start a new colony :D

The Nature documentry she was watching must have been on ITV and would have failed to mentioned all the facts.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nature documentry she was watching must have been on ITV and would have failed to mentioned all the facts.

I suppose Gail is a bit of a Queen bee. Mating with loads of men but instead of her ripping their dangly bits off like a Queen does, they die by other means :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member

No you're not alone. But the sad thing is that on other occasions, Helen Worth has handled the comedy elements well. This time, she just seems to be hamming it up. It's as if she's thinking - sod it, the storyline and script are both rubbish, I'm just going to take the ****.
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Ted anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Gail complained about having to live in a room with "two outside walls". Is it likely that a house that size would have a room without two outside walls?

Yep, I was wondering about that but I guess that the two main bedrooms must be over the main living and dining areas meaning that each shared a wall with each other; a wall with the Windass's house next door and a wall with the landing or bathroom or the "box-bedroom" so they only had one outside wall.

I'm sure there used to be a fourth bedroom up there as well but like Dr Who, perhaps the Platts can jettison extra rooms from their Tardis when their existence would spoil the plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I suppose Gail is a bit of a Queen bee. Mating with loads of men but instead of her ripping their dangly bits off like a Queen does, they die by other means :D
    Didn't David call Gail, the black widow not so long back? that made me laugh:D
    DavyBoy60 wrote: »
    No you're not alone. But the sad thing is that on other occasions, Helen Worth has handled the comedy elements well. This time, she just seems to be hamming it up. It's as if she's thinking - sod it, the storyline and script are both rubbish, I'm just going to take the ****.
    You could be right you know, the lock on the cupboard, for goodness sake.
    Yep, I was wondering about that but I guess that the two main bedrooms must be over the main living and dining areas meaning that each shared a wall with each other; a wall with the Windass's house next door and a wall with the landing or bathroom or the "box-bedroom" so they only had one outside wall.

I'm sure there used to be a fourth bedroom up there as well but like Dr Who, perhaps the Platts can jettison extra rooms from their Tardis when their existence would spoil the plot.

I could be wrong but somewhere along the line I recall the garage was converted into another bedroom. Anyone remember?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly - but it seems that, like other Corrie properties, upstairs must be bigger than downstairs! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could be wrong but somewhere along the line I recall the garage was converted into another bedroom. Anyone remember?

I think so. After all of this shuttling about Chez Platt I need to see an outside view. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't David call Gail, the black widow not so long back? that made me laugh:D
    You could be right you know, the lock on the cupboard, for goodness sake.

That was the Corkhills in Brookside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    That was the Corkhills in Brookside.

I remember the corkhills doing that but I'm sure somehwere along the line, the Platt family did it too. I could as I said be mistaken.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tco200 wrote: »
    What happened to Ted anyway?

He's not been seen for three years apparently: http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Ted_Page

Time for his return, perhaps?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    practically everyone connected to the ty/kirsty storyline should be locked up....

kirsty - multiple counts of assault, perverting the course of justice
    ty - child abduction, illegal gas work,
    fizz - child abduction
    kevin - assisting in child abduction + peverting thecourse ofjustice
    tommy - either illegal gas repair or perverting the course of justice
    tina - commercial surrogacy + breach of the peace

add to that tracey is surely due a retrial for her murder, audrey's (+ kylie and david in due course) handling stolen goods, ryan's drug possession, rob's computer hacking (and subsequent blackmail) leanne presumably operating a betting shop without a valid license (as peter was absent), carla drink driving, I could go on.
    if we saw real justice half the street would be inside....harder to think of someone who hasn't committed a crime in the last 12 months.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syncage wrote: »
    practically everyone connected to the ty/kirsty storyline should be locked up....

kirsty - multiple counts of assault, perverting the course of justice
    ty - child abduction, illegal gas work,
    fizz - child abduction
    kevin - assisting in child abduction + peverting thecourse ofjustice
    tommy - either illegal gas repair or perverting the course of justice
    tina - commercial surrogacy + breach of the peace

add to that tracey is surely due a retrial for her murder, audrey's (+ kylie and david in due course) handling stolen goods, ryan's drug possession, rob's computer hacking (and subsequent blackmail) leanne presumably operating a betting shop without a valid license (as peter was absent), carla drink driving, I could go on.
    if we saw real justice half the street would be inside....harder to think of someone who hasn't committed a crime in the last 12 months.

I don't think it could be proved that the £9,000 was stolen money; and the bookies was, I think, in their joint names.

The rest: definitely.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I don't think it could be proved that the £9,000 was stolen money;
    :)

An interesting one!

Stolen by Lewis (as part of Gail's £40000) - given to Audrey - loaned/given to David & Kylie - used to finance the house purchase - returned to Gail.

If I were the police I'd swerve that one!
  • Options
    DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me when Kirsty gets her comeuppance and how?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »
    Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me when Kirsty gets her comeuppance and how?

Please using spolier tags!
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »

Maybe not the right thread for this?
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the corkhills doing that but I'm sure somehwere along the line, the Platt family did it too. I could as I said be mistaken.

I'm sure they did, too, for David to use as a bedroom. Can't remember when this was, though.
This discussion has been closed.