Options

The Wild Wild West on Horror Channel

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
A mix of westerns and spy drama which has elements that could be described as "steampunk"

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=The%20Wild%20Wild%20West&episode=388204

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Wild_West

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    A mix of westerns and spy drama which has elements that could be described as "steampunk"

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=The%20Wild%20Wild%20West&episode=388204

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Wild_West

It will be good to see the show that inspired the film. Although I doubt the 'steampunk' elements will be as good as in the film.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, this really takes me back to my kidhood.....:o

Cheers for posting, will record this for later consumption.....

Edit...Darn, missed the start. Will record the Monday (08.00 if anyone's interested)repeat instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Wow, this really takes me back to my kidhood.....:o

Cheers for posting, will record this for later consumption.....

What channel was it shown on when you were a kid? I never saw it originally.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What channel was it shown on when you were a kid? I never saw it originally.

Now don't hold me to this, but I swear it was on BBC2, although my OH has just called me an idiot and said it was ITV.....:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Now don't hold me to this, but I swear it was on BBC2, although my OH has just called me an idiot and said it was ITV.....:confused:

Both sound plausible, although I could imagine it on ITV with the adverts.

I think it was about 10 years before my time and hasn't been repeated since (on terrestrial tv at least).
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2090432

I know search feature is terrible but my thread was on the front page! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2090432

I know search feature is terrible but my thread was on the front page! :D

Sorry mike, I didn't think to look :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No worries. I missed the fact it started Friday not Monday in my post. Why start something on the last week day? Weird!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No worries. I missed the fact it started Friday not Monday in my post. Why start something on the last week day? Weird!

Goodness knows, I only found it was on by accident myself when I was looking through the Sky EPG checking to see what was on HC later today
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without looking it up, I wonder how many dodgy foreign types Victor Buono did get to play over the course of his career?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    Without looking it up, I wonder how many dodgy foreign types Victor Buono did get to play over the course of his career?

I've just checked his IMDB entry and Buono appeared as a dodgy foriegner in two other episodes of the show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyable opening episode - John Wild has more gadgets than Bond ever had! Nice black and white photography and special effects as well.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what show you were watching... John Wild- who's he??!:D
    You are right on one thing James West hid more weapons on his person than Bond ever did, but none of them ever got outlandish, so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish Artemus Gordon got more screen time. Sometimes it seems as he is the sidekick of West rather than his partner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The black and white photography and lighting is very good I have to say, tonally rich
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the villains seem to share the same interior designer as I've seen the same circular staircase at least half a dozen times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with the Avengers, Sweeney et al its fun to spot a future familiar face - Katherine Ross and Richard Kiel recently.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burgess Meredith was great in a recent episode as a crazed Scientist creating Earthquakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As with the Avengers, Sweeney et al its fun to spot a future familiar face - Katherine Ross and Richard Kiel recently.

Leslie Nielsen was the main villain in that episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Burgess Meredith was great in a recent episode as a crazed Scientist creating Earthquakes.

I think the set used for his secret lab was the same one that was regularly used by Dr Miguelito Loveless
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I've had a look ahead in the schedules, and it seems they are going to stop showing WWWest after Season 2 completes.

Then they start showing The Invaders in (roughly) that slot. Invaders only had 43 episodes, so hopefully they'll continue WWWest after that.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horror does that with other series. Xena, they show one season, then something else one season, then back to Xena sometime start again at season one!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Horror does that with other series. Xena, they show one season, then something else one season, then back to Xena sometime start again at season one!!!

They do it with Wonder Woman as well

If people don't want to wait to see Seasons 3 and 4 of WWW after Horror Channel finishes Season 2 then I think the entire series is available to watch on Youtube
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this channel is going to start using subtitles in the future?
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I doubt it!!! But who knows perhaps they will step up. Horror to me always seem a cheap channel, old shows and movies. Syfy stepped up and now do their own shows.