Teenage fraudster who mocked judge on Facebook after admitting £110,000 swindle is

2»

Comments

• NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Remorseful? I doubt it, he's just sorry he got caught.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wouldn`t do it in the first place to have victims. i would take the piss out of friends at a private party in the same way, given a box full of props.

in fact, i think if you put a box of props and a photo booth in the average local pub the vast majority of regulars would do the same to each other for all kinds of things, it`s not odd behaviour for any group of people who know each other.
    In itself there is nothing wrong with it. Again its nothing to do with "taking the piss" or mocking people. The Daily Mail just went with that because its a better story even though it was not true.

When you have just plead guilty to a serious crime and are pretending to be remorseful for the crime, its shows your not.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    In itself there is nothing wrong with it. Again its nothing to do with "taking the piss" or mocking people. The Daily Mail just went with that because its a better story even though it was not true.

When you have just plead guilty to a serious crime and are pretending to be remorseful for the crime, its shows your not.

no, it doesn`t necessarily, that`s your interpretation, same as the judge`s and is also why i don`t think it should have been allowed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, it doesn`t necessarily, that`s your interpretation, same as the judge`s and is also why i don`t think it should have been allowed.
    Yes it was the judges interpretation. A judge (and court) that heard the full facts behind it. So far we have only a few quotes of what was said in a newspaper that wanted to tell the "story" of "kid mocks judge and gets are harsher sentence". , despite that not being the case.

If you are claiming to be remorseful the prosecution has every right to show evidence that suggests that you are not and are treating the crime as a joke. I am sure many victims of crime would also want the judge to see evidence that suggests that the criminal is not telling the truth.
    Forum Member
    Yes it was the judges interpretation. A judge (and court) that heard the full facts behind it. So far we have only a few quotes of what was said in a newspaper that wanted to tell the "story" of "kid mocks judge and gets are harsher sentence". , despite that not being the case.

If you are claiming to be remorseful the prosecution has every right to show evidence that suggests that you are not and are treating the crime as a joke. I am sure many victims of crime would also want the judge to see evidence that suggests that the criminal is not telling the truth.

nah, doesn`t work for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nah, doesn`t work for me.

Okay.

You know better than the judge who heard what the criminal had to say based on two quotes from a newspaper that was lying through its teeth about what the "story" actually was.

f you are claiming to be remorseful the prosecution has every right to show evidence that suggests that you are not and are treating the crime as a joke. I am sure many victims of crime would also want the judge to see evidence that suggests that the criminal is not telling the truth.
    We disagree. I think the prosecution does have the right to suggest the criminal is lying about being remorseful
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he wasn`t on trial for having bad taste in photographic poses.

that`s the root.

if i was at a private function with a box or props and waiting for a court appearance i would be just as likely to don the wig or hat taking the piss out of my predicament, my friends are the same.

He had already been on trial when the judge was using the photo, presumably to determine sentencing. Sentencing guidelines are informed by both the defence and the prosecution to argue their case about what it should be.
    Forum Member
    Okay.

You know better than the judge who heard what the criminal had to say based on two quotes from a newspaper that was lying through its teeth about what the "story" actually was.

We disagree. I think the prosecution does have the right to suggest the criminal is lying about being remorseful

tiacat wrote: »
    He had already been on trial when the judge was using the photo, presumably to determine sentencing. Sentencing guidelines are informed by both the defence and the prosecution to argue their case about what it should be.

i`m saying i`m not comfortable with it and i`ve explained why i feel that way i`m not going to keep repeating it over and over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i`m saying i`m not comfortable with it and i`ve explained why i feel that way i`m not going to keep repeating it over and over again.

I can appreciate it is frustrating for you.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    he wasn`t on trial for having bad taste in photographic poses.

That's alright. He wasn't found guilty or sentenced for his bad taste in photographic poses.