Sledgehammer Games to develop MW3?

cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know this is old news, but do you think it is a good idea, that other studio will possibly take up production of the Modern Warfare series?

I think it could help to lead the series in a new and possibly exciting direction. However at the same time, fans of the SP campaign could be severly disappointed.

Edge-Online

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. MW2 is crap. IW dont give a shit about it and let it be released brokem. Let someone else try and get it right. You can bet Activision wont care if its finished or not and will probably try and up the RRP even more to £70 or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. MW2 is crap. IW dont give a shit about it and let it be released brokem. Let someone else try and get it right. You can bet Activision wont care if its finished or not and will probably try and up the RRP even more to £70 or something.

lol is that this weeks thought of MW2. Im hoping next week will reveal that you love MW2 again :D
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's terrible, I hope IW win the court case and take the MW series with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like MW3 is already in pre-production phase...

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1082962p1.html
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like MW3 is already in pre-production phase...

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1082962p1.html

Well assuming we can expect a Winter 2011 release; that allows for almost 2 years production time. Hopefully the MW series will be put right...but I doubt it.
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading this thread you'd believe that MW2 is the only game in history that's ever had problems lol

The IW studio itself supposedly owns the rights to the Modern Warfare name, so i doubt anyone else will touch MW3

Sledgehammer though are developing a third person shooter for the COD series, so they wouldn't be making that and MW3 at the same time