The new results show

What the hell?! The new result format this year is weird and unecessarily cruel. They shouldn't have took breaks for the results to be revealed. I personally did not like it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, and if I didn't cave to the spoiler threads it'd make the show far more interesting.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible I am actually quite angry about it.......taken the shine off what was shaping up to be a much improved series.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone the way of DWTS, just thank the lord it was only on for half an hour otherwise we'd be getting couples in jeopardy rubbish aswell.
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's horrible, and interviewing first couple in the bottom two infront of the others who got through is CRINGE.

The Goldie interview at the end was cringeworthy too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maz1111 wrote: »
    What the hell?! The new result format this year is weird and unecessarily cruel. They shouldn't have took breaks for the results to be revealed. I personally did not like it.

It is a carbon copy of how they do it in the US on DWTS - a very bad influence that is undermining quite a few elements of the show this year :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    It's gone the way of DWTS, just thank the lord it was only on for half an hour otherwise we'd be getting couples in jeopardy rubbish aswell.

Funny you should say that. When Tess told Peter he was 'in danger' I turned around here and commented it was a wonder they hadn't gone all the way to being a copy of DWTS by making her tell him he was 'in jeopardy' :(

Our show was here first and it was always better than the US version so why are the BBC dumbing down :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    The idea of getting their reaction immediately after their intense brush with elimination was good and should be done with about four to go. But having someone nominated for the bottom two, halfway, and then interviewing him? No. What are you hoping for BBC, an emotional breakdown?
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really bad, took all the excitement out of it. its broken up and claudia hardly did anything
  • JJ28JJ28 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMHO it wasn't good!
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read the spoiler and I thought it was far less tense, badly put together and pretty damned AWFUL.

Mind the content was below par to say the least, and the form made it all worse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Didn't like it at all.

claudia was wasted, Tess out of her depth, by all means spread the elimination throughout the show (although it wouldn't be my choice of how to do things) and interviewing those who have got through not bad but not this bottom two thing half way through.

Awful
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting way to treat the celebs and pros. To have poor Peter and Erin to be named in the bottom two and waitng for most of the show to find out is an appalling direction for SCD to take.

Moira Ross I don't like that nasty way to treat people and I'm sure the majority of decent people feel the same and the celebs and pros don't deserve it. You can reject that idea from your trip to America and do the elimination process in one go as it used to be since 2004.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the result show was poor - from the DWTS copying to Tess - to well everything.
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to watch it....the joys of revision for an exam.

and judging from the reaction in here, I don't think I'll bother. I knew the result the moment it came out on the spoiler thread (I don't like not knowing) so there's no real need to watch the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I thought the results show was boring, could have been done in the break between 2 other programs. Doing away with the final judges vote was also wrong.Why do program makers always want to change a good format to make it worse
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dreadful, a complete waste of half an hour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone rang I missed the beginning of the results show, I saw Claudia telling Peter and Erin....or she seemed like she was rubbing salt in the wounds byconstantly reminding them that they were at the bottom of the leader board, but I missed how it works. Are the couple with the lowest score automatically in the bottom two?
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked the new format too. Judges choices made for excitement/controversy. This way is just dull, dull, dull. The 1/2 hour was FULL of filler too...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say that I dont like the new format either.....did anyone see who the Pro dancers were, I recognised Ian Waite and Darren Bennett but couldn't make out who the others were!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Don't forget, soon the results show will be the only place we get to see Ola :(
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hated it - I felt it dragged on and the poor contestants who had to wait, felt really sorry for them.

Oh and Claudia is annoying me even more if that is possible!!
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shan't bother to watch it any more unless there's a better guest performer than Robbie Williams :eek:

The new results show has further tipped the balance of my love/hate relationship with the Beeb towards H*A*T*E.

parthena
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the pro quickstep but everything else was pants !!!!!
  • MsVonDarknessMsVonDarkness Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    The best bit was watching Ian and Darren in the pro dance.
  • pete taylorpete taylor Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete rubbish, recorded on the Saturday evening (complete with Len's stray hair), I'll get the results from Ceefax (or digital text) in future!

They should have split the shows over 2 nights. 14 dancers on Saturday was too much and got a little tiresome towards the end if the show.