Options

Lady Gaga - Real Pop Icon of the 21st Century

grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
Forum Member
✭✭
She has sold millions of cds - is a huge influence on others, her fashion style is world renowned. Is she the world's most famous popstar today?

Her tour has grossed c. $133+ million
Worldwide #1 records
Countless front pages
225,000,000 hits on google

According to the Guinness Book of World Records 2011, Lady Gaga scored two world records for 2010 as the Most Searched Female on Google and Most Weeks on the UK Chart in Any Year for her impressive 154 consecutive weeks.

Makes Ms. Cole seem about as famous as Pixie Lott - :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see her as an icon as I just see Madonna circa 1984. Too me she is far too sensationalist and just not that good.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a million miles better than Mrs Cole, however it's also too early to be calling Gaga an icon. If she's still around in 10-20 years like Madonna, Kylie and the like, then perhaps we can call her an icon :)
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    No way, shes done fantastic and i love her but we see if shes still as big in 10 years time.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    She's a pop icon in 2009-10, but whether that continues past Born This Way, only time will tell.

If Born This Way does sell well, then she has a high chance.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question is will we still be talking about her in 30/40 years time IMO unlikely
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Question is will we still be talking about her in 30/40 years time IMO unlikely

I'll make sure my children/grand children know about her.