Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Final scene from last night ... how is there a child seat fot Hope in Tyrone's car?

You never know he may have had a smidgen of common sense and put one in. Although Fiz can't own one as she doesn't have a car so who knows where it came from?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOR - Corrie is making Michelle Connor landlady at the Rovers. We didn't like her last time she was there. Why put her there again?

I think Michelle has been much better since she left the Rovers. Although the writers have always tried to make Michelle more important than she should be. She has no money to afford a business. They made her Carla's sidekick so that she could have a position of authority at the factory. Now they are making her landlady at the Rovers. It's annoying when she is always sticking her nose into every issue at the factory but not as annoying as when she was at the Rovers.

Does she win the lottery, inherit money or does Steve buy it back? And what is happening to Stella?
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    You never know he may have had a smidgen of common sense and put one in. Although Fiz can't own one as she doesn't have a car so who knows where it came from?

I think it's unlikely, considering the minimal time available - and he also had the break-in at Kirsty's to sort out! :D

(Maybe Chesney sells them as a new line - every dog in Weatherfield must have a collar by now!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    SOR - Corrie is making Michelle Connor landlady at the Rovers. We didn't like her last time she was there. Why put her there again?

I think Michelle has been much better since she left the Rovers. Although the writers have always tried to make Michelle more important than she should be. She has no money to afford a business. They made her Carla's sidekick so that she could have a position of authority at the factory. Now they are making her landlady at the Rovers. It's annoying when she is always sticking her nose into every issue at the factory but not as annoying as when she was at the Rovers.

Does she win the lottery, inherit money or does Steve buy it back? And what is happening to Stella?

Doesn't bother me - and I know these storylines are widely advertised - but I think some of our little SOR community might prefer spolier tags.:)
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Do you need a passport to go to Ireland? I've never been so I don't know.

Depends who you fly with, some airlines only require a Drivers Licence.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends who you fly with, some airlines only require a Drivers Licence.

Flybe told me I needed a passport when I flew from Leeds to Southampton!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

North to South - of course! ;)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    On Wiki, it says that Audrey used her life savings to buy the house for Gail after she faced losing it due to Richard Hilman. Sounds like she bought it outright.

In which case, which life savings did lewis steal the first time round?
    Valentine wrote: »
    ............Why would Ruby even have a passport? I don't recall them ever going abroad in the few short months since Ruby was born..........

Even in the extremely unlikely event ruby has a passport, it would show her surname as .... whatever kirsty's is. The reason childrens' passports were brought in was to prevent people running off with other peoples' children. So he'd need at least some form of authority from kirsty.
    Yes, £46 - ridiculous!

You seem to be implying that childrens' passports were introduced purely to bring more taxes in. Don't be silly - see my last comment. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »

You seem to be implying that childrens' passports were introduced purely to bring more taxes in. Don't be silly - see my last comment. :)

I always admire the art of mind reading but, unfortunately, you don't possess that ability.

I was inferring that the amount is excessive - but I can't spot where I stated that this was the only reason for their introduction.
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody doesn't get sarcasm.
  • Options
    Dizzy-GirlDizzy-Girl Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I always thought that the green Fiesta was Kirsty's car, not Tyrone's?!
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much of a SOR or that important, but how do characters always burn their toast? lol. Do they not have a dial or a timer to automatically pop it up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much of a SOR or that important, but how do characters always burn their toast? lol. Do they not have a dial or a timer to automatically pop it up?

... and how often is food burning in an oven not noticed until clouds of smoke appear from the oven and the food is reduced to a cinder. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly going off topic but staying with toast.

I always thought that toasters were adapted specially to make toast pop up and shoot out of the toaster for comedy effect ... wrong!

My toaster has started to do this and I have to leap across my kitchen to catch the toast before it lands, usually in the sink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always thought that toasters were adapted specially to make toast pop up and shoot out of the toaster for comedy effect ... wrong!

My toaster has started to do this and I have to leap across my kitchen to catch the toast before it lands, usually in the sink.

Staying off topic ... I'm now visualising that! :cool: (Oh, for a video clip!)
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staying off topic ... I'm now visualising that! :cool: (Oh, for a video clip!)
    No chance and just to make sure I've banned my son from this forum so he doesn't get any ideas!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance and just to make sure I've banned my son from this forum so he doesn't get any ideas!!!

Spoilsport! ;)
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can fly from Belfast to England with Easy Jet with just a drivers licence.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I always admire the art of mind reading but, unfortunately, you don't possess that ability.

I was inferring that the amount is excessive - but I can't spot where I stated that this was the only reason for their introduction.
    And do baby passports last for 10 years? I can imagine a 10 year-old being recognised from a baby photo.

And how do you tell a baby to adopt a neutral expression with their eyes open, looking straight at the camera?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    And do baby passports last for 10 years? I can imagine a 10 year-old being recognised from a baby photo.

And how do you tell a baby to adopt a neutral expression with their eyes open, looking straight at the camera?

I have this vision of the parent propping the baby on the seat in the booth and whipping their hands away at the last second - then back after the flash before the baby topples! :eek:

Not quite the 10 but it is valid for 5 years - so the photo won't be much use after a while!
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy-Girl wrote: »
    I always thought that the green Fiesta was Kirsty's car, not Tyrone's?!

I always thought that the house was Tyrone's, not Kirsty's,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

It is didnt he buy it off Jack???
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Be careful - remember the lovely Lesley and the toaster :(

Re passports https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport/when-you-can-apply
This discussion has been closed.