Options

XBOX One - Headset adaptor issues

Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yep, nearly kicked the One last night. Even had murmers of "i'm bloody going to the PS4" it got me so irate.

So I purchased the new adaptor so I could use my £200 Astro headset with my shiney Xbox One. All been working fine until yesterday. Couldn't talk to anyone on Forza then wouldn't work in party chat either.

Tried everything. Re-updating the controller, only for it to say "controller not recognized". Had to turn off the machine and unplug it, try the update again. Found the controller and acknowledged it had already been updated.

It worked for about 5 minutes then went dead again. Standard headset works, new adaptor appears not to.

B*stard thing.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most important question is, why the hell doesn't it just work out of the box without needing a sodding adaptor?

Literally everything about the Xbone controller that is different from the 360 controller is getting on my tits

he way you change the battery (what the **** was wrong with the way you unclipped the 360 battery? It was perfect?!), the original headset adaptor is a shit to disconnect the charging plug doesn't clip in properly etc etc...ARGH

not to mention the fact that using voip on an xbox one seems far more of a chore than it really should be, party chat has never worked for me or the people i play BF4 with and skype is shit (incoming call notification...why can't i just press "answer" without needing to minimise whatever i'm doing?

Urgh...sorry, vaguely related rant over lol
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, nearly kicked the One last night. Even had murmers of "i'm bloody going to the PS4" it got me so irate.

So I purchased the new adaptor so I could use my £200 Astro headset with my shiney Xbox One. All been working fine until yesterday. Couldn't talk to anyone on Forza then wouldn't work in party chat either.

Tried everything. Re-updating the controller, only for it to say "controller not recognized". Had to turn off the machine and unplug it, try the update again. Found the controller and acknowledged it had already been updated.

It worked for about 5 minutes then went dead again. Standard headset works, new adaptor appears not to.

B*stard thing.

Cant help you but does your Astro's still produce DD5.1 when using the adapter? I keep on reading stereo sound and its put me off getting it yet.
  • Options
    AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Cant help you but does your Astro's still produce DD5.1 when using the adapter? I keep on reading stereo sound and its put me off getting it yet.

It works fine... I have Astro A50's... Sound from optical to your mixamp/headset and chat on different channel from headset adaptor. (Just click chat button on adaptor fully to chat)
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »

Yep, as AG said above. 5.1 is handled through the optical out straight into the mixamp for the headset. The mic channel is the only thing that goes through the adaptor.

You don't seem to have an option to roll back the controller update, which is what I was thinking of trying next. Can't even get the live chat to an xbox ninja working either.

Still thinking of kicking it.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, will pick one up tonight as finally getting round to downloading Titanfall