Recommend me a long lasting after shave for everyday use.

2»

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Chanel Bleu, it turns the average man into some sort of sex god - it is beautiful! The dry down is simply sublime.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Chanel Bleu, it turns the average man into some sort of sex god - it is beautiful! The dry down is simply sublime.

I have that as well as the Chanel Allure I need to buy a new bottle of Chanel Bleu as I am running out. The Chanel aftershaves are the best of all the brands in my own opinion.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soy sauce
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #
    It's Millionaire and it is £57.99 a bottle I might give it a try next time I am in the Perfumery.

Yes. That's the one.

Some people do find it a little bit obnoxious though.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Perfumed ponces. :D
  • jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opium For Men,

It lingers for ages and it's beautiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't wear it, at least in public, but I've often considered buying a bottle of Thierry Mugler Angel, just so that I could spray some onto a piece of cloth and walk around holding it up to my nose all day. I've followed women around who wear it, just trying to get one more whiff of it. I'll probably get locked up for it one day.
  • jaqjaq Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I will have a look at your suggestions.
    Found this site that may be useful.

http://www.fragrantica.com/search/

Check out the reviews for Yardley's (yes, really) Citrus & Wood. It's been compared a lot to Terre d'Hermes and it's dirt cheap.

Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight in Paris is really nice - TK Maxx had it for a tenner recently.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the David Beckham suggestions, I wear it myself because it's nice but it's not strong in the slightest, the scent barely lingers for even an hour after application.

I recommend Paul Smith Man, you can pick it up fairly cheaply these days and it lasts all day. It's also layered (I think that's the term, I'm not a perfumery expert) as the aroma seems to change after a few hours.

It's very musky though, be warned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jez37 wrote: »
    Opium For Men,

It lingers for ages and it's beautiful.

but you have to inject it into a vein
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but you have to inject it into a vein
    You can't inject opium.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I agree with the other poster, Creed Aventus is phenomenal.

Why does it cost £215? What's so special about it?

Are there bottles of it that cost less?
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaq wrote: »
    Check out the reviews for Yardley's (yes, really) Citrus & Wood. It's been compared a lot to Terre d'Hermes and it's dirt cheap.

Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight in Paris is really nice - TK Maxx had it for a tenner recently.

Totally agree, they are very similar.
    IIRC, the main difference is the Yardley version contains lime, whereas Terre d'Hermes is lemon. Or grapefruit. Doubting myself now.

Either way, they are both very nice. Although if they were the same price, Terre d'Hermes would win every time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody suggested coconut oil yet? It's only a matter of time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat piss
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wearing invictus and have had a lot of compliments that I smell nice recently. It is very nice millionaire is supposed to smell similar but I haven't tried it.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wearing invictus and have had a lot of compliments that I smell nice recently. It is very nice millionaire is supposed to smell similar but I haven't tried it.

I actually prefer Millionaire, but I just can't wear it.
    I've no idea why, it must be a specific ingredient that doesn't agree with me.
    Same for Joop. I wonder if they have a common ingredient with each other?

I don't actually like Joop though, but got a massive bottle bought for me last Christmas.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads in 99p shops, lasts at least 1 minute.
  • Martin_AndanarMartin_Andanar Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Since we know that the perfect aftershave doesn’t exist (each pair of nostrils reads into them differently!) Whether you’re fond of a more classic, manly scent, or something light and fresh for the business world, have a look at the top choices, check out http://heavy.com/social/2015/10/best-smelling-mens-cologne-colognes/ and http://www.mensgroominglab.com/best-aftershave-for-men/ . Good luck on choosing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that for most men a mixture of cigar smoke, sump oil, fried onions and Swarfega would be ideal, with probably a dash of whatever it is they use to waterproof Barbour coats.