IRN 3 Wireless Group Failiure

2»

Comments

• Declan_McGrath1Declan_McGrath1 Posts: 7,304
    Forum Member
    MylesBaker wrote: »
    Just seen on Twitter the same issue occurred last Saturday. Didn't switch over for the 6pm network show.

Damn i missed that hopefully someone will have the audio for that. ☺
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What didn't it switch over from?
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    What didn't it switch over from?

It was supposed to switch over to the network via IRN3 from 6pm, the network shows come from Signal 1, the other stations take the dance show via IRN 3. This also happened two weeks ago when the satellite failed to disconnect from Capital fm.
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but what was it supposed to switch over from? On Sundays it switches from the Big Top 40. What does it switch from on Saturdays or any other evenings?
    Forum Member
    Yes but what was it supposed to switch over from? On Sundays it switches from the Big Top 40. What does it switch from on Saturdays or any other evenings?

I'm not to sure what it switches from on Monday's to Saturday's but Myles might have the answer to that. :)
  • MylesBakerMylesBaker Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Weeknights from 6PM & Saturdays from 5PM it switches from nothing. Just IRN 3 tones all day as it's unused.
  • BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MylesBaker would it be possible to record the switchover one Sunday of Big Top 40 to Old Skill Anthems on a Sunday at 7pm please 😀🙏
    Forum Member
    Due to a power cut in Stoke on Trent all of the wireless group stations in England and South Wales are runni g off emergancy tapes.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 24/06/17 - 12:38 #35
    Typical Arquiva - one screw up after another.
    Forum Member
    Shimano wrote: »

They really should have a back up generator.
  • zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know that it's Arquiva's fault? Aren't the local News International stations network shows delivered by IRN satellite. If the other stations were off air, surely that would point to a fault at the Stoke studio?

• 989989 Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the massive power cut in Stoke taking the Signal Radio building off air was not the fault of Aquiva? Although I'm suprised they don't have a UPS installed for situations like this?

I can sell them one? ;-)
    Forum Member
    989 wrote: »
    I'm sure the massive power cut in Stoke taking the Signal Radio building off air was not the fault of Aquiva? Although I'm suprised they don't have a UPS installed for situations like this?

I can sell them one? ;-)

Like most stations including bauer, global they have a back up generator.
  • MylesBakerMylesBaker Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zing wrote: »

How do you know that it's Arquiva's fault? Aren't the local News International stations network shows delivered by IRN satellite. If the other stations were off air, surely that would point to a fault at the Stoke studio?

Correct. Wireless Group's networked programmes are sent via the stereo IRN channel. The fault on Sunday (and when this thread started) was down to Arqiva. A 'switcher' failed.

• ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MylesBaker wrote: »
    zing wrote: »

The fault on Sunday (and when this thread started) was down to Arqiva. A 'switcher' failed.

As I correctly suspected.

Arquiva have a poor record in the reliability stakes, there's been a catalogue of technical hitches over the years.