Larries and other tinhats

Comments

• milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarla wrote: »
    A lot of the Larries seem to be involved in other real person shipping scenarios. They all believe Taylor Swift is involved with Karlie Kloss and that Richard Armitage and Lee Pace are together. It is hilarious that they think the actors playing Evak are forcibly closeted in a progressive country like Norway.

And they also think there is a love triangle between Taylor, Karlie and Selena.
    Of course Selena was only with Justin under contract too because all these manchildren are will faked girlfriends.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    These crazy folk really infantalise the men they adore, don't they? Making them out to be ineffectual and subservient, incapable of making decisions for themselves. It's insulting and disrespectful, but of course, the fans consider themselves to be supportive. What a way to spend your life, what a waste of time, energy and emotion.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    I started watching Skam as a bit of sweet relief from the hideousness of modern politics, and in order to do so in English joined a Facebook comm that has revealed itself to be full of Larries. The Even/Isak story is engaging, it's so refreshing to see a largely angst-free teen coming out tale (the angst is related to something else in the storyline) and everything comes out all right in the end, and the actors are cute and I think quite gifted, especiaily the one who plays Isak. Who I'd totally have had a crush on *when I was 14* and who is still only 17 years old.

What is creepy is not so much the obsession with Evak, nor even the fan hatred towards Sonja, Even's girlfriend in the show, but the very clear signs of RL shipping emanating from the Larries. They are examining candid photos for signs that Tarjei and Henrik are SECRET BOYFRIENDS, and I've seen comments along the usual "they are forced to hide their love because homophobia" lines, despite Norway being one of the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to sexuality. Sigh.

I don't give a fig for 1D but I liked Skam's third season and the Larries are making it gross.

I'm very into Skam right now and this is a gross byproduct of a fandom that is otherwise relatively sweet. I don't know how closely they link to the Larries, but there does seem to be a lot of them on Twitter who like both. More disturbing is the fact that Tarjei attends the school where Skam is filmed and is being stalked outside and sometimes even in it by these lunatic fangirls, many of them older than him. You can tell he's already fed up with the attention, judging by some of the pictures. If they're not careful he'll end up leaving Skam.

I don't understand why Evak as a couple isn't enough for them to be satisfied. They're one of the most realistic gay couples I've ever seen in a teen series, but apparently that isn't enough for the crazies trying to kid themselves into thinking Henrik and Tarjei are dating. I get that they're both very cute (particularly Tarjei) but this obsession with shipping real life couples even when there's no evidence they're dating is really worrying.
    Forum Member
    I'm convinced that the real-life shipping of Styles and Tomlinson caused the demise of their friendship. They went from being really friendly, to barely communicating with each other, and actively avoiding each other at one point, because they knew every single interaction would result in the batshit ones insisting Larry is real. It must be horrible not being able to be friends with someone you like, because people insist it's a sign you're having a sexual relationship with that person.
  • SalcySalcy Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm convinced that the real-life shipping of Styles and Tomlinson caused the demise of their friendship. They went from being really friendly, to barely communicating with each other, and actively avoiding each other at one point, because they knew every single interaction would result in the batshit ones insisting Larry is real. It must be horrible not being able to be friends with someone you like, because people insist it's a sign you're having a sexual relationship with that person.

I agree. Many of the couples that are caught up in the shipping never work together again. I can't help but think that the ridiculous shipping and hassle they get contributes in a large part to whether they decide to work together again or not.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

I agree. Didn't the larries call to the university of Louis' then girlfriend and make a complaint, that she's a homophobe, because she's preventing Louis' from being with his true love, Harry? She and her family were harassed by larries relentlessly. No wonder the friendship cooled down, anything to stop the crazies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Didn't the larries call to the university of Louis' then girlfriend and make a complaint, that she's a homophobe, because she's preventing Louis' from being with his true love, Harry? She and her family were harassed by larries relentlessly. No wonder the friendship cooled down, anything to stop the crazies.

God what is wrong with these people??!!!
  • ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    The Larries are in an period of frenzied activity at the moment and seem convinced that 'babygate' is going to end any minute. Evidence: Louis posted a black and white picture to his Instagram which they believe Harry took, just because it's b & w and quite arty. Louis was also seen around wearing a jacket with 'victory' written on it. This insignificant, irrelevant crap is enough for the nutters to start screaming that 'Louis' contract ended on Freddie's first birthday'.
    Forum Member
    The Larries are in an period of frenzied activity at the moment and seem convinced that 'babygate' is going to end any minute. Evidence: Louis posted a black and white picture to his Instagram which they believe Harry took, just because it's b & w and quite arty. Louis was also seen around wearing a jacket with 'victory' written on it. This insignificant, irrelevant crap is enough for the nutters to start screaming that 'Louis' contract ended on Freddie's first birthday'.

This is never going to end, is it? On the basis of zero evidence, Freddie isn't Louis's son. They'll still be saying this when Louis attends Freddie's college graduation, and organises his 21st birthday party :D (along with Briana and their 3 or 4 other children).

Bless their deluded hearts.
    Forum Member

The best and funniest conspiracy theory about Louis's girlfriend then, was that she was played by a set of identical triplets, obviously employed by Simon Cowell. They have photographs to prove it.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about the Larries but according to my cousin the latest stuff about Benedict Cumberbatch's wife is she's helping to run the Russian Mafia.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about the Larries but according to my cousin the latest stuff about Benedict Cumberbatch's wife is she's helping to run the Russian Mafia.

I am surprised they haven't suggested she is really Putin in drag:D:D:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first heard of Larries, I thought it was quite funny in way, just a few young (so I thought) fans sharing silly ideas. Now reading this thread, learning how fixated they really are and the crazy way they act online, I'm not laughing anymore! :o
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I'm very into Skam right now and this is a gross byproduct of a fandom that is otherwise relatively sweet. I don't know how closely they link to the Larries, but there does seem to be a lot of them on Twitter who like both. More disturbing is the fact that Tarjei attends the school where Skam is filmed and is being stalked outside and sometimes even in it by these lunatic fangirls, many of them older than him. You can tell he's already fed up with the attention, judging by some of the pictures. If they're not careful he'll end up leaving Skam.

I don't understand why Evak as a couple isn't enough for them to be satisfied. They're one of the most realistic gay couples I've ever seen in a teen series, but apparently that isn't enough for the crazies trying to kid themselves into thinking Henrik and Tarjei are dating. I get that they're both very cute (particularly Tarjei) but this obsession with shipping real life couples even when there's no evidence they're dating is really worrying.

Yes. Step AWAY from the teenage boy!

Evak is adorable and so valuable for young gay teens, teens with/around mental illness etc to be able to see on their screens. Surely the FICTIONAL couple is enough?
  • BettyBoPeepBettyBoPeep Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I just recently stumbled across some new Tumblr crazies - Prince Harry fans who despise Meghan Markle with a passion. The wild accusations and hate being spewed is pretty stomach churning because as far as I can see, she seems very nice and hasn't done anything wrong.
    The most notorious (NYCrealroyal) claims to be in PR and has loads of 'scoops' (made-up bs), the things she says make no sense and anyone who questions her sources gets abused. According to them PH finished it before Xmas and can't stand MM, although most of the British press seem to think it's still on.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I just recently stumbled across some new Tumblr crazies - Prince Harry fans who despise Meghan Markle with a passion. The wild accusations and hate being spewed is pretty stomach churning because as far as I can see, she seems very nice and hasn't done anything wrong.
    The most notorious (NYCrealroyal) claims to be in PR and has loads of 'scoops' (made-up bs), the things she says make no sense and anyone who questions her sources gets abused. According to them PH finished it before Xmas and can't stand MM, although most of the British press seem to think it's still on.

They're scary insane. She had a charity trip planned, which she did do. These crazies thought it was ok to call up the charity and make enquiries about Meghan. Not because they want to help the charity, but because they want access to Prince Harry's gitlfriend. They claim to have inside info of her taxes, her apartment lease details, know her whereabouts all the time. It's unbelievable.
    Forum Member
    They're scary insane. She had a charity trip planned, which she did do. These crazies thought it was ok to call up the charity and make enquiries about Meghan. Not because they want to help the charity, but because they want access to Prince Harry's gitlfriend. They claim to have inside info of her taxes, her apartment lease details, know her whereabouts all the time. It's unbelievable.
    I'm pretty sure they are suffering from some form of mental illness. It's all gone way beyond being a fan, and some of them are flipping dangerous. Although the ones that are online 24/7 are almost certainly shut-ins with no proper friends, and the constant blogging makes them feel relevant and important, whereas in real life, no-one gives a toss about them :cry:
    Forum Member
    Omg, they're so bitter and angry and yes, potentially dangerous! I'm just surprised how many of them there seem to be, and how many others lap up and believe the information posted. Truly scary stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was wondering where the blinds were coming from about H being sick of her and her publicity hungry ways! I can well believe its them. I blame Disney! They have got girls to believe the ideal of the ridiculously handsome fairytale couple overcoming adversity to be with their soulmates and live happily ever after. They can't cope with the reality which is that people fall in love with people for all sorts of reasons that aren't to do with them looking good together in pictures, and have ups and downs and boring bits. Everything has to be a drama.
  • GardenaGardena Posts: 8,602
    Forum Member
    If you want to go down the royal hate rabbit hole I suggest these charming fellows . Especially the William , Kate and Harry subboards . There you'll find theories like Prince George and Princess Charlotte being carried by surrogates and George having his hair dyed regularly. All in a machiavellian scheme developed by Kate's mother (aka Council Caro ) to secure power over the British Monarchy .
    Forum Member
    It seems now, that instead of being a fan of someone and following their every move because you admire them, people obsessively follow people they dislike, just to pull apart very little thing they do. The DM comments section is full of people moaning about the amount of articles on a particular person (eg MM, Kim Kardashian, Posh, Cheryl) but not realising that they wouldn't see the articles if they lived their lives away from DM and didn't click on articles about people they don't like. I think I need to step away from it too but it's genuinely worrying :cry:
    Forum Member
    The Larries are raging today because Louis followed his ex Eleanor Calder on Twitter. According to them, big evil Management was responsible, so hundreds of Larries started @-ing Louis' new manager. They were so abusive the manager had to make his Twitter and Instagram private.

I would LOVE to see Louis get back with Eleanor although I'd prefer it if he got together with Briana. Either way or someone new, he's not a guy who stays single long.
    Forum Member
    The Larries are raging today because Louis followed his ex Eleanor Calder on Twitter. According to them, big evil Management was responsible, so hundreds of Larries started @-ing Louis' new manager. They were so abusive the manager had to make his Twitter and Instagram private.

I would LOVE to see Louis get back with Eleanor although I'd prefer it if he got together with Briana. Either way or someone new, he's not a guy who stays single long.

Louis and Briana, Louis and Eleanor or Louis and someone new - whatever happens, it ain't gonna be Louis and Harry.
    Forum Member
    The Larries are celebrating big time today because Louis actually tweeted Harry on his 23rd Birthday! It was a very romantic tweet too: Happy birthday mate! Hope you have a sick night.!
  • GardenaGardena Posts: 8,602
    Forum Member
    The Larries are celebrating big time today because Louis actually tweeted Harry on his 23rd Birthday! It was a very romantic tweet too: Happy birthday mate! Hope you have a sick night.!

Oh is he in control of his twitter today ? I thought Simon Cowell and management tweet for him .