The X Factor USA – Live Show 5 - Wed Nov 28th, 8/7c FOX - Discussion Thread

Comments

• iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beepbeep77 wrote: »
    Why do Americans love people like Tate so much? he would have gone home first week in our version...
    Country music is huge there. I think country sells the most album out of all the genres in America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye cece and hopefully 5th harmony. *hides*
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Tate... same old same old. I'm just not a fan. To me he's a good, entirely inoffensive, extremely dull singer.

CeCe was the best she's been all competition I think :) I think if she'd been like that from week 1 she might have more of a shot... I still think she's headed home tomorrow though :(

Ranking
    Carly Rose
    CeCe
    Paige
    Fifth Harmony
    Diamond
    Vino
    Tate
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    WOW an entire section of the show devoted to half a music video? What are they thinking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the worst thing I've seen all night.
    Forum Member
    Wonder if the placement of that video was a ploy to get Emblem 3 top of the leaderboard... People will be using their brain bleach to try and forget about it. Maybe Simon's hoping they'll forget everything else too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it was part of it. Plus who knows what is in Britney's contract.

Edit;

Yeah major e3. Manipulation in the package.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy with the tank top is hot :o
    Forum Member
    How fortunate that there happened to be a multiple-man camera crew following them on their low-key, casual, totally unplanned shopping trip!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao Britney and Demis expression when they started singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Demi. Lol
    Forum Member
    Haha at Britney and Demon dragging the mega-budget, a minute-longer-than-everyone-else performance!

The bottom three will likely be a combination of CeCe, Paige, Fifth Harmony and... Diamond. I wouldn't be surprised if Diamond was there at all, as good as she is.
    Forum Member
    rombod wrote: »
    How fortunate that there happened to be a multiple-man camera crew following them on this low-key, casual unplanned shopping trip!

Surely you know the never leave home without a camera crew?:confused:

Dammit... I really liked that. They seriously know eachothers strengths and weaknesses and how to gel well together. Oh wait. That guy is reminding me why I couldn't stand them with his so happy to be here speech. You haven't won yet, get over yourself.

I like Demi's critique though, if they can play instruments, I'd love to see that. It'd do great for them too.

Ranking
    Carly Rose
    CeCe
    Emblem 3
    Paige
    Fifth Harmony
    Diamond
    Vino
    Tate

Think the ones who're safe are Tate, Carly, Emblem 3 and probably Vino. Diamond could easily be in the bottom 3 seeing how she went first in a 2 hour show, plus there's not many acts left... I think CeCe's a dead cert and Paige probably is too. Fifth Harmony could be there too. Probably would definitely be except that they had a bit of a sob story to go with their performance.

And just looking above after posting this, apparently I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion :p
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't count CeCe out of the game just yet. She's a fighter and the come back queen. Remember, she managed to jump from 12th place to 5th place in the space of a week. Her performance tonight was good plus she might get the rebound vote because of last week. I'm going to put my neck on the line and say that Paige, Fifth Harmony and Diamond White will be the bottom three. Diamond had the death slot plus her performance was forgettable.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Btw the song that Tate Stevens sang "Somebody Like You" is by Keith Urban who happens to be an Australian. So not ALL of country music is American.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw the song that Tate Stevens sang "Somebody Like You" is by Keith Urban who happens to be an Australian. So not ALL of country music is American.

Yup but country music is bigger here. :)
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Yup but country music is bigger here. :)

Of course but also country singers also tour in Canada and in Australia :p
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the US will forever back Country singers, and especially guys like Tate who they relate to.

What gets me is that we have seen acts such as this win reality shows before , only to fail miserably in the music industry. It seems a waste of a vote really, why vote someone whos not likely to make it in the industry over some one that is?

I don't get the publics thinking, if its purely down to the aww factor (in other words sympathy), then surely thats the wrong reason to vote?

Maybe im on another planet to everyone else here but shouldnt these shows be based on the voice and the talent,rather than any other factor?
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the US will forever back Country singers, and especially guys like Tate who they relate to.

What gets me is that we have seen acts such as this win reality shows before , only to fail miserably in the music industry. It seems a waste of a vote really, why vote someone whos not likely to make it in the industry over some one that is?

I don't get the publics thinking, if its purely down to the aww factor (in other words sympathy), then surely thats the wrong reason to vote?

Maybe im on another planet to everyone else here but shouldnt these shows be based on the voice and the talent,rather than any other factor?

What? Country singers are the ones that MAKE IT out of these US singing shows.

You must be mistaking some other genres for "country".
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Tate Stevens will not sell as many records as Carly Sonenclar. Theirs loads of Country singers out there, time for a change
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Carrie Underwood anyone?
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Carrie Underwood anyone?

She's the exception and she crossed over well. The problem with Overs (at least the really old ones) is that they have to be exceptional (not just good) in order to have star quality. The X-Factor, with its lack of upper age limit, should try to tap relatively old people with loads of star quality. Instead...
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, Demi Lovato is not a good X factor coach. She has destroyed her acts, mainly Jennel Garcia.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond: Nice staging and control of her voice despite the movement, but she didn't bring her best.
    Vino: Borderline cheesy attempt at looking soulful.
    Paige: Dragging at first, but when she started moving, she looked and sang like a true pop star.
    Fifth Harmony: The staging was awful. They were made to look like devils with the fire burning around them. There was something missing this week, and I felt like they are going down since being renamed Fifth Harmony (their first performance with that name was amazing).
    Carly Rose: A non-shouty cover of the song; I am impressed. I'm not a fan of kids singing like they're older, but she has what it takes to shine. Her soft voice needs improvement, though.
    Tate: It was good, although the dancing was cringeworthy.
    CeCe: I like it, but it's like all the character she didn't show in the last month was stuffed into one performance.
    Emblem3: Oh, how sad that their "spontaneous" shopping trip was interrupted by fans. The performance was good but they are not being used to their full potential; it started well but it plateaued. The song was not the right choice.

1 Carly Rose
    2 Paige
    3 Emblem3
    4 CeCe
    5 Tate
    6 Diamond
    7 Fifth Harmony
    8 Vino

I actually hope that Vino goes to the bottom 3; after that, the judges would tactically send him home. :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beepbeep77 wrote: »
    Why do Americans love people like Tate so much? he would have gone home first week in our version...

Maybe he's their Christopher ;)