Netflix downloads on Tesco Hudl?

swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there any other Tesco Hudl users out there not able to download Netflix shows?

It just doesn't give me the option to do it.

I'm using a Hudl 1 but I'd also be interested in the experiences of Hudl 2 users.

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is possibly due to the version of Netflix app compatible with the Hudl 1 - from what I can see the latest version needs Android 4.4+, Hudl 1 stopped at 4.2.2, IIRC.
  • swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did wonder if it was something like that. Is the Hudl 2 any better I wonder?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hudl 2 started on 4.4 but had an update to 5.1 so it should have the latest Netflix app update but reports are that the download function is device specific... Must still be some bods on here with working Hudl 2s to try it out on...
  • Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine on my huff 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine on my huff 2

I'll have to get a Huff 2 then. ;)
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swb1964 wrote: »
    I'll have to get a Huff 2 then. ;)
    Joking aside, you know you can't buy a Hudl 2 anymore?
  • Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I was just saying!
    Shame as it is very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Joking aside, you know you can't buy a Hudl 2 anymore?

Some ebay sellers still have new stock, otherwise Ill just take a punt on a second hand one..
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some ebay sellers still have new stock, otherwise Ill just take a punt on a second hand one..
    Frankly that would be a poor choice. They suffer from quite a few hardware failures and a old technology now. There are lots of other Android choices, or the Amazon Fire range.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Frankly that would be a poor choice. They suffer from quite a few hardware failures and a old technology now. There are lots of other Android choices, or the Amazon Fire range.

I like having a HDMI output. That's why I'm still with a Hudl 1.

There's a thread on here somewhere about this topic, but hardly any modern tablets have HDMI out.
  • roar349roar349 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It's fine on my huff 2

Are you sure? I don't have the download option on my Hudl2 for content.
  • x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    No downloads on ours either.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x6461 wrote: »
    No downloads on ours either.

Do you have enough memory to download content ? Normally you would need a tablet with extra strorage using a micro-SD card.

Video uses a lot of memory.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like having a HDMI output. That's why I'm still with a Hudl 1.

There's a thread on here somewhere about this topic, but hardly any modern tablets have HDMI out.

Netflix works with Chromecast. Stick one in your TV HDMI in or AV reciever HDMI in and connect to your router and download the app. Access Netflix and click the TV icon. The Chromecast takes over the streaming direct to your TV port in full quality.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/av-accessories/chromecast-1305399/review
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but Chromecast needs WiFi which rather spoils the idea of downloading a show in the first place.