Options

The real Relley C

Comments

• Options
    KingKDKingKD Posts: 22,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still to this second very sad that Relley didn't make it further than she did, when acts like Honey G and 5AM got to the final 5. I honestly see her as a very marketable, R&B artist and not the motown/cabaret singer that they made her out to be on the live shows. Had she done more up-tempo performances like Praise You and some more up-to-date numbers then I think she could've made the final 5. Yet again, The X Factor's songbook is limited and they weren't even willing to be adventurous and give acts like Relley a song that will turn them from an underdog into a true contender. Now that the competition is over, I do hope that a record label can sign Relley because I know that she's really good and has a lot to give to the music industry. It'd be nice for her to have the opportunity to sing the songs that she feels showcases her best as an artist. I also believe she'd be great doing her original material too :) I hope we hear more from her very soon :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KDTheKid wrote: »
    I'm still to this second very sad that Relley didn't make it further than she did, when acts like Honey G and 5AM got to the final 5. I honestly see her as a very marketable, R&B artist and not the motown/cabaret singer that they made her out to be on the live shows. Had she done more up-tempo performances like Praise You and some more up-to-date numbers then I think she could've made the final 5. Yet again, The X Factor's songbook is limited and they weren't even willing to be adventurous and give acts like Relley a song that will turn them from an underdog into a true contender. Now that the competition is over, I do hope that a record label can sign Relley because I know that she's really good and has a lot to give to the music industry. It'd be nice for her to have the opportunity to sing the songs that she feels showcases her best as an artist. I also believe she'd be great doing her original material too :) I hope we hear more from her very soon :)

I can only echo everything that you have said. Sadly there will probably be artists like Relley on the show next year who will be portrayed in the same way. The show is only really looking for male or boyband winners.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Best female to reach the lives this year by a country mile but was quickly sabotaged and thrown under the bus when they realised she was a potential threat.I think shes fantastic.
    Helen_Cruz wrote: »
    A lot of truth u guys said on this thread... Relley was by far, the best singer to reach the top 12, it was so sad to saw her go, but then again, black powerhouse females seem to be so underated ... Loved her version of the song, GO RELLEY

I disagree. I think Saara's voice is better. It would be interesting to hear Relley and Saara singing one after another to see which one sounded the best. Yes, Relley's a good singer, but I don't think she's as good as Saara is from watching that video. That's not to say that I think that Saara is outstanding, just that I think she's a great singer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I disagree. I think Saara's voice is better. It would be interesting to hear Relley and Saara singing one after another to see which one sounded the best. Yes, Relley's a good singer, but I don't think she's as good as Saara is from watching that video. That's not to say that I think that Saara is outstanding, just that I think she's a great singer.

They are both different types of singers tbh. You wouldn't see Saara singing r&b.
  • Options
    nessie17nessie17 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a turkey. The fact that there's only 9 tracks on the album, and the first single taken from it is the nadir of his career thus far, suggests that the record company were so desperate to get new product out they couldn't care less whether it was any good or not.

I found Relley far more impressive on the show.

There are so many people saying the Bruno album is fantastic! I've seen so much talk about it on social media that it would seem many disagree with you.

Haven't listened to it yet myself so cant truly agree or disagree,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

This would be like comparing say Jon Bon Jovi to Luther Vandross both entirely different artists and impossible to draw any sort of comparison!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if what OP has found is true then I wish her well for a sucsessful future

Huh ????????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her! She looks great here so natural and beautiful, and she sounds terrific! I hear a Winehouse meets Lauren Hill thing going on in her tone with a more modern twist..I hope she continues to rise above all the petty things

ps-Nessie I don't think y pm went through, yeah that's my name and I am happy you and Nate met :)

Thanks Singy Sunday night was a lot of fun!!! lol
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    I based both opinions on decades as a vocalist and vocal coach and an in depth study of literally thousands of voices . Relley's voice shares similarities with those 2 artists that anyone who really knows voices can hear clearly apparent in hers..Many in the industry with far more cred than either of us have compared Nate to Prince as well as Sam ,so I am in good company among those who share my opinion. Yours is adorable, though . ;) LOL
    I based mine on having ears, rather than personal bias. Neither act has, or ever will have, even a fraction of the talent those legendary artists possessed. No decades spent as a wedding singer required.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both different types of singers tbh. You wouldn't see Saara singing r&b.

Indeed. R&B and pop have different tones in which a singer needs to sing in. Saara has a great voice for the type of music she sings and the same goes for Relley. Neither one would sound great singing the other one's genre of music, and which one sounds better singing their genre of music is subjective to an individual.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    nessie17 wrote: »
    There are so many people saying the Bruno album is fantastic! I've seen so much talk about it on social media that it would seem many disagree with you. Haven't listened to it yet myself so cant truly agree or disagree,
    He's a massive star. He could release an album of nursery rhymes right now and social media would lap it up. But his back catalogue is far superior.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen_Cruz wrote: »
    A lot of truth u guys said on this thread... Relley was by far, the best singer to reach the top 12, it was so sad to saw her go, but then again, black powerhouse females seem to be so underated ... Loved her version of the song, GO RELLEY

One of a handful of singers with the best voice I would say. I agree, she was thrown under a bus with what they did with her, as in that Youtube link she sounds absolutely great vocally and the song is very good too. It's a shame nothing like this was on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    One of a handful of singers with the best voice I would say. I agree, she was thrown under a bus with what they did with her, as in that Youtube link she sounds absolutely great vocally and the song is very good too. It's a shame nothing like this was on the show.

Unfortunately they are not really looking for anything like this on the show. Such a pity as they would attract far more viewers if they did.
  • Options
    LieteLiete Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The female acts were all initally cast as fodder this year (other than Honey G). I think Relley was somewhat unlucky in that it seems they were trying to get rid of Ryan the week she left and came very close to succeeding. She could have got much further if she hadn't dropped into the bottom 2 that week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if what OP has found is true then I wish her well for a sucsessful future

Well, if you're referring to the link how much truer can it be, it's there for all to see obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they are not really looking for anything like this on the show. Such a pity as they would attract far more viewers if they did.

At least by going on the show she has had some exposure, so that's one good thing which hopefully will boost her profile as a singer, as well as her voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    At least by going on the show she has had some exposure, so that's one good thing which hopefully will boost her profile as a singer, as well as her voice.

Agree with you here, as at least a lot more people know about her now.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    nessie17 wrote: »
    This is the real Relley not the dated version XF portrayed!

https://youtu.be/eLEywrA33bc :):):)

It says "This video is unavailable" :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    It says "This video is unavailable" :confused:

It has been deleted for some reason. Maybe SYCO was getting worriee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been deleted for some reason. Maybe SYCO was getting worriee.

Still works for me just checked!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! The video still plays fine for me as well.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I based mine on having ears, rather than personal bias. Neither act has, or ever will have, even a fraction of the talent those legendary artists possessed. No decades spent as a wedding singer required.

Your bias, which is the most common one, is believing that an unknown could not possibly sing as well as someone with the rep of a legend even if the as yet unknown to the general public is someone like Nate who in terms of technical and pure born talent is as good; I put so much effort into coaching him BECAUSE he had such rare talent as others now are recognizing (including someone who has worked with those Nate is so justifiably compared to fyi ;) ) Again you are entitled yo your (frankly far less informed) opinion
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair Saara shouldn't have to either.

Saara was managed better on the show than Relley, but Relley does have a strong vocal, just not my type of singer.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your bias, which is the most common one, is believing that an unknown could not possibly sing as well as someone with the rep of a legend even if the as yet unknown to the general public is someone like Nate who in terms of technical and pure born talent is as good; I put so much effort into coaching him BECAUSE he had such rare talent as others now are recognizing (including someone who has worked with those Nate is so justifiably compared to fyi ;) ) Again you are entitled yo your (frankly far less informed) opinion

I get what you say about singers. Yes, I can hear some very good technical singers around who do not transition to stardom. There's a whole movie about it (Twenty Feet from Stardom). Lisa Fischer is one of the greatest singers to walk this Earth but she isn't the star she should be for a number of reasons. And, of course, there are some very moderate singers (e.g. Madonna, Katy Perry) who do gain success.

I'm not sure Relley is in Lisa's class but she can sing well. It's partly down to opportunity and of course the greatest thing in popular music, having the right song to sing. And it helps if you can write those yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I get what you say about singers. Yes, I can hear some very good technical singers around who do not transition to stardom. There's a whole movie about it (Twenty Feet from Stardom). Lisa Fischer is one of the greatest singers to walk this Earth but she isn't the star she should be for a number of reasons. And, of course, there are some very moderate singers (e.g. Madonna, Katy Perry) who do gain success.

I'm not sure Relley is in Lisa's class but she can sing well. It's partly down to opportunity and of course the greatest thing in popular music, having the right song to sing. And it helps if you can write those yourself.

There really are many talented artists that never get the opportunity to succeed mainly due to not having a big promotion behind them which unfortunately is so important these day.