HELP!!! Best TV for Sport - LG 40UH630V or Panasonic TX-40DX600B

I'm in the process of buying a new TV and in need of some expert (or anything above my extremely basic level) advice.
Most important thing for me is having a TV to watch any sport, primarily football on so motion refresh rate is important. Action films another main part of viewing.
I have some other criteria which makes things harder. 4K, under £500, 40" or 43".
I have narrowed it down to two:

LG 40UH630V
Panasonic TX-40DX600B

Was looking at the Samsung UE40KU6000 but have read a few reviews about Sport viewing not being great on this set (shame as everything else looked great)

Grateful for any advice if anyone has any knowledge of the above two sets.

Cheers

Comments

• RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By coincidence, relatives of ours bought the Panasonic TX-40DX600B only last week.
    They're really pleased with it, and I had a chance to watch the football on Sunday with them. Looked great to me, but that's in comparison with our 8 year old Panny that's still going strong. :)
    It certainly looks value at the reduced price of £419.
  • Stu_WakerStu_Waker Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks a lot RichmondBlue. Looks like it's the Panasonic then

Cheers
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stu_Waker wrote: »
    Thanks a lot RichmondBlue. Looks like it's the Panasonic then

Cheers

Well, it's had good feedback from customers on Richer Sounds and John Lewis. If you have a store near you pop in and take a look. Richer Sounds are always particularly helpful even if you're only browsing.
  • hildenerhildener Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Just Purchased one of these before Christmas. Very Good set excellent picture quality when setup to you're preference many options to play with.I have it hooked up to a Sony HT-XT1 Soundbase Panasonic 4K Upscaling Blu-ray player Sony multiregion dvd player and humax freesat PVR sound via HDMI ARC.Also use Amazon Prime via the onboard app which allows you to stream shows in 4K UHD such as the grand tour and it looks great if you're broadband is fast enough i am on BT Infinity 2 which streams 4K easily.So personally I would Recommend having a look at the Panasonic if you want/need HDR then go for the 700 series but although the 600 is non HDR it is excellent at the Price.