Options

Amy's Choice - 'Next Time' trail (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    mictheminimicthemini Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomsy wrote: »
    I also can't stand the 12th Doc. :confused::rolleyes:

God, me neither, she's awful :eek::D
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all know that a big budget and lots of CGI make the best stories. Hence the reason why 2012 was such a cinematic masterpiece.

Better than cheapo crap like "Blink." How can statues be cool, unless they're rendered on a PC first? Preferably for £100 million each. Otherwise they'd be crap statues.

Y'know, it's like how the Star Wars prequels were better than the original trilogy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be lots of time travellers on here who have visited Saturday to watch this episode.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    micthemini wrote: »
    God, me neither, she's awful :eek::D

who in the hell thought Ruby Wax would make a good 12th Doc i dont know:D
  • Options
    HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you, it's been bugging me who that was! :D

I thought it was Joan Rivers after more botched plastic surgery :o
  • Options
    mictheminimicthemini Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, it's been bugging me who that was! :D

I thought it was Joan Rivers after more botched plastic surgery :o

And as for the companions - tsk :confused:
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I blame SM, I have it on good authority that she has Scottish forefathers, just look at the colour of her hair:eek:.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they went to shop at Iceland for the catering side of things to save on the budget for this episode.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I think it looks like an amazing episode, this coming from someone who wasn't exactly blown away by the first few episodes of the current series.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this thread now a con-lib or a lib-lab thread? :p
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Besides, who is in a position to say an episode is crap until after it has aired?

And similarly, who is in a position to say an episode will be great until after it's aired.

After the trailer for Victory of the Daleks built my hopes up, that episode was arguably the weakest of Matt's so far (particularly the CGI and the way it ended, after a good opening).

Just hope they've not shown all the best bits of the new ep in the trailer! :)
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    its 11th not 12th

He was making an ironic joke - floopy was lambasting an episode before we had seen it, so tomsy made a joke about not liking the 12th Doctor even though there isn't one yet... :o
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Is this thread now a con-lib or a lib-lab thread? :p

progressive alliance? ;)
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Looks rather cheap looking with lots of scenes set in some village. Do the makers of tv soap Emmerdale loan out their village? :D

I must admit I thought the trailer made the episode look really crappy. Amy looking older (why do people always look naff with older make-up?) and pregnant and all this dream vs reality nonsense. And the villain looks as menacing as a librarian. :D Looks like a real stinker of an episode.

Still, I could be proven wrong. ;)

Hmm am i the only one here that is thinking WTF?? I didnt look any different at 24 than i did at 19. Its 5 years not 50
    What, the giant, fish-insect aliens weren't realistic enough for you?!

NO! they should have at least gone and hired REAL fish form space

hallam wrote: »
    teeheehee
    Webslark wrote: »
    progressive alliance? ;)

prefer the term Rainbow alliance. Has more of a fun party vibe to it :)
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm am i the only one here that is thinking WTF?? I didnt look any different at 24 than i did at 19. Its 5 years not 50

NO! they should have at least gone and hired REAL fish form space

teeheehee

prefer the term Rainbow alliance. Has more of a fun party vibe to it :)

Nah, that's the Skaro National Party :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure where else to post this: How brilliant does this image of toby jones at the controls of the tardis look?
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking Toymaker?

By a very strange coincidence I ordered the Celestial Toymaker DVD on Friday, not having seen it since it was first transmitted.

When I saw the trailer at the end of Saturday's DW I did, indeed, think: Hmmmm, Celestial Toymaker.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    By a very strange coincidence I ordered the Celestial Toymaker DVD on Friday, not having seen it since it was first transmitted.

When I saw the trailer at the end of Saturday's DW I did, indeed, think: Hmmmm, Celestial Toymaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_Toymaker
    The Toymaker next featured in the Past Doctor Adventures novel Divided Loyalties by Gary Russell.
    [...]
    This story also reveals that the Toymaker is one of the Guardians, representing dreams in the same way as the White Guardian represents order, and the Black Guardian represents chaos.
    :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    This episode looks fantastic! Really looking forward to next week now.

Interesting that the Dream Lord seems to be wearing a similar outfit to the Doctor.

I too noted that !
    I thought it was an odd choice to dress Toby Jones' "Dreamlord" almost identically to Matt Smith's "Doctor". Hopefully it will be developed on and have a reason, perhaps the Dreamlord is grown from a template of the Doctor...or something...:confused:
  • Options
    GwrxVurferGwrxVurfer Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member
    So if this is 5 years after the last episode (2015) will whatever happened on 26/6/2010 - Pandorica etc - be known to Amy, and can't he just ask her what happened?
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    There are pictures of the 'Dream Lord' wearing other clothes, so I'm guessing it's a deliberate mockery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »
    So if this is 5 years after the last episode (2015) will whatever happened on 26/6/2010 - Pandorica etc - be known to Amy, and can't he just ask her what happened?

We know that's the dream world (even though there will likely be a twist of sorts), so it's likely whatever happens with the cracks won't exist in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Not sure where else to post this: How brilliant does this image of toby jones at the controls of the tardis look?

That is a great pic. Toby Jones looks very at home.

I like his choice of colours for the outfit a little better than the Doctors. Where can I buy that jacket?! (Yes that was a veeery shallow comment...)

I guess he's is changing his outfit to suit the occasion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littleotik wrote: »
    That is a great pic. Toby Jones looks very at home.

I like his choice of colours for the outfit a little better than the Doctors. Where can I buy that jacket?! (Yes that was a veeery shallow comment...)

I guess he's is changing his outfit to suit the occasion.

I think your best hunting grounds are probably ebay and charity shops.
    One of my friends once found a decent tweed jacket in the shed of a rented house. You never know wher they'll turn up.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »

It's not the literal 5 years in the future - we alread know that. It's a type of suspense, one in which the viewer knows more of what is going on than the characters do.

If it were the literal 5 years in the future, then there'd be no point in the rest of the series...