Masterchef new series (17/01/12) (Part 2)

1585960616264»

Comments

• horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Him and Toad can get a little flat together - the odd couple
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all those Shelina (minus or plus soft shell) foodies out there she’ll be at the BBC Good Food Show at Bluewater in Kent next month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116465/MasterChef-Shelina-reveals-recipe-success--secret-ingredients-shows-magic.html
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Digital Spy is a noisy minority of voices compared to Twitter nowadays. Over there, #teamshelina was trending worldwide during the final and John & Gregg were inundated with messages of support for this series and their choice of winner. Shelina herself has notched up well over 13,000 followers.

I think the producers will be very happy indeed! I can't see them making any radical changes.

Thank god for that. For once the majority who are happy are taken notice of rather than the super vocal minority
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Wait! I have them both on Twitter and they often tweet happily to each other and where they are going to.:confused:

Oh dear, that is really rather sad. Both him and John are likeable characters. Now, has one of them got their eye on Shelina's mangoes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Him and Toad can get a little flat together - the odd couple

Room for me, John?
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching final on iplayer now, 15 minutes of recaps

sfgkijsdgjiorsjgneuozdgvb
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, that is really rather sad. Both him and John are likeable characters. Now, has one of them got their eye on Shelina's mangoes?

Her mangoes are already spoken for!:o
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to the winner she nailed all her dishes, found the show itself really irritating to watch though. The 15 minute recaps, the daft voiceover lady, the constant chopping of camera views literally every second during the cooking, the cliched worried looks about if someone finishes on time, the unseen how much do you want it question to the contestants (yeah I really want it), the overuse of music, the over the top superlatives about the food, ok i'll stop now.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch out Shelina!
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when the next 'Masterchef' offering is on?

Is it 'Celebrities' next?

Lord help any fit female contestants if Shek and Toad are both on the loose....the leching,leering and innuendo count will be off the scale...

Lock up your daughters!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch channel are about to repeat Series 4 of Celeb MC

They are also going to show Series 2 of Aussie MC Junior... lookin' forward to that... the kids put last year's UK finalists to shame... they are truly amazing...

Also watching Top Chef : Just Desserts on Good Food... MC meets the Apprentice... they can really dish the dirt on each other when they're in the bottom group before the Judge's Table... bit of a guilty pleasure that one :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cakehole wrote: »
    Shelina reminded me of Michelle Peters from yonks ago, her food was brilliant but didn't win. She now lives in Canada, here is a link to her food blog if anyone is interested:

http://foodfootballandababy.blogspot.com/

Tom was wrong saying that nobody remembers the runners-up

Thanks for linking to my blog Cakey... so lovely that you guys still remember me :D

I remember Masterchef very fondly, even though I didn't get through. I had a blast on that show, and at that point, there was no way I could have got into the food industry.

However, since moving to Canada I decided to go with what I wanted to do, and I am now working towards a partnership in a cooking school, and next September I am going to be enrolling in an intensive culinary arts degree at my local university. So I did end up in the food industry after all, just took me a little longer than usual :)

I was following this series with interest cause Shelina did remind me a lot of how I used to be. I can't aspire to her level of calmness, but I was rooting for her all the way! I hope she does well in the future.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MichBOT ! wrote: »
    Thanks for linking to my blog Cakey... so lovely that you guys still remember me :D

I remember Masterchef very fondly, even though I didn't get through. I had a blast on that show, and at that point, there was no way I could have got into the food industry.

However, since moving to Canada I decided to go with what I wanted to do, and I am now working towards a partnership in a cooking school, and next September I am going to be enrolling in an intensive culinary arts degree at my local university. So I did end up in the food industry after all, just took me a little longer than usual :)

I was following this series with interest cause Shelina did remind me a lot of how I used to be. I can't aspire to her level of calmness, but I was rooting for her all the way! I hope she does well in the future.

Good for you:)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digger Dean is bringing out his first cookbook

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0593070860/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01