A link between Agatha chistie ep and journeys end

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
Forum Member
Now theres loads of threads out there asking what the links are for certain eps to journeys end. I think ive knocked the unicorn and the wasp into its place :D

Near the end, the Doctor says to donna you can only hope you'll be remembered and you'll never know.

in journeys end, Donna "dies" and the doctor says to wilf: theres millions of people out there singing donnas name, and she'll never know.

Link???

aww :( donna gone

Comments

• TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Hmmm...yes, I don't think that was a coincidence, so well-spotted! :)

I re-watched 'The Sontaran Strategem' yesterday - the Atmos device in Sylvia's car was described as being in a pocket of time, 1 second ahead.

Wonder where we hear that again?

Regards,

Cypher
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chewjacka wrote: »
    Now theres loads of threads out there asking what the links are for certain eps to journeys end. I think ive knocked the unicorn and the wasp into its place :D

Near the end, the Doctor says to donna you can only hope you'll be remembered and you'll never know.

in journeys end, Donna "dies" and the doctor says to wilf: theres millions of people out there singing donnas name, and she'll never know.

Link???

aww :( donna gone

Aww well spotted :)-i'm loving rewatching series four it really is a fab series :cool::).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I agree! I thought at the time that the whole 'how you're remembered' theme of Unicorn and the Wasp seemed quite a significant one, especially that scene at the end when the Doctor is talking to Donna about how the things we do can last forever (given that we already knew Donna was leaving at the end of the series, somehow)

Obviously I didn't realise quite how poignant that would turn out to be!!
  • dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole series is sheer genius!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatching series 4 is very rewarding because you see things in a different light given the finale. Agatha Christie saved the day, but her memory was wiped, and never knew what she did. A foretelling of Donna's fate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    And yet bits and pieces broke through Agatha's memory into her fiction, hence the greatest galactic bestseller...wonder if we have "really" seen the end of Donna. A tiny crack was left open if CT were ever to reprise the role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres other links as well

donna was in both episodes
    so was the doctor

honestly, all the episodes had little clues in them
    except of course, the doctors daughter which was indeed pants and pointless

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    helo_75 wrote: »
    except of course, the doctors daughter which was indeed pants and pointless

:D

Er so you dont think another timelord grown out of the DNA from his right hand, wasnt a clue?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nope, it was grown from his dna
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and that doesnt stop it being pants , now does it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    helo_75 wrote: »
    nope, it was grown from his dna

Thats what I said :)

Ok the actual scientific process was not the same, but the actual concept, was a clue.

We are not talking about quality of the episode, besides Moffatt obviously has plans for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    partners in crime - adipose 3

fires of pompeii - pyrovilia

planet of the ood - doctordonna

sontaren stratagem - 1 second pocket of time (+ below)

poison sky - cloning (+ above)

doctors daughter - cloning + DNA

unicorn and the wasp - not remembering

silence in the library - planets/moons as machines

forest of the dead - (as above)

midnight - lost moon of poosh?

turn left - normal people sacrificing for the doctor?

is that right?
  • sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....and it's not just links to Journey's End. I saw the Ood episode on BBC3 again the other night - at the end one of the Ood asked the Doctor about which song he sang.....his reply "I've got a song of my own". Or words to that effect.

Very clever writing.
  • sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidekick67 wrote: »
    ....and it's not just links to Journey's End. I saw the Ood episode on BBC3 again the other night - at the end one of the Ood asked the Doctor about which song he sang.....his reply "I've got a song of my own". Or words to that effect.

Very clever writing.

Blimey, I'd missed that one! Of course!

"Your Song must end soon," said the Ood.

and she did!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving all the links.....

Series 4...despite not having a word arch like the previous series'....has seemed the most interconnected series...everytime I watch an episode again I keep thinking...."oh yeah!" For example if you look at TUATW where Donna leads the wasp into the water by throwing the chain/locket....she replies that she had too...she becomes a killer to an extent...when she was the one who moaned at the Doctor for killing the Racknoss's children...something again that we revist in JE when Davros reveals the soul of the Doctor....

Absolutly brilliant series:)
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Loving all the links.....

Series 4...despite not having a word arch like the previous series'....has seemed the most interconnected series...everytime I watch an episode again I keep thinking...."oh yeah!" For example if you look at TUATW where Donna leads the wasp into the water by throwing the chain/locket....she replies that she had too...she becomes a killer to an extent...when she was the one who moaned at the Doctor for killing the Racknoss's children...something again that we revist in JE when Davros reveals the soul of the Doctor....

Absolutly brilliant series:)

Agreed. I think this series stands above the others overall. Certainly haven't wanted to rewatch other series episodes half as much as those from this one :D
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Sams83 wrote: »
    I agree! I thought at the time that the whole 'how you're remembered' theme of Unicorn and the Wasp seemed quite a significant one

It puzzled me at the time, because of course Agatha Christie lived long enough to have a very good idea of how well she'd be remembered. She may (or may not) have thought much of her own work, but it was clearly hugely popular and she received many awards and honours in her lifetime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    So lets add up all the links.

PiC: Adipose Three + Bees
    FoP: i) she is returning [but we all knew that :D]
    ii) Something on your back [to turn left]
    iii) Pyrovilia
    TpotO: i)DoctorDonna
    ii) Song ending soon- Either River Song or the Doctor getting shot.
    iii) Bees
    TsS: Broken Moon of the Medusa Cascade
    pocket in Time
    TpS: Sacrifice of Rattigan + Project Indigo [Teleportation from the Sontarans]
    TdD: Sacrifice of Jenny
    Manipulating DNA [Like Davros ---> Daleks/ Doctor
    > Daleks
    TuatW: Buzzy bees disappearing :(
    The fact of being remembered
    SiL: River Song never heard of Donna
    FotD: Planets as machines
    Doctors name
    M: Lost Moon Of Poosh
    I personally think the Doctor saying Rose Tyler Martha Jones Donna Noble maybe meant something
    The Doctors name was arisen.
    TL: Rose

I said the Doctors name above because i believe that when Davros called him the destroyer of worlds he named him forever.

I know it was posted before but i am just adding to that list.

thanks for all the praise for the finding, and there has been even more great theories involving story arcs and links.
  • pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing, River Song did know of Donna, she said something like "So you are Donna, I am so sorry".
  • dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing, River Song did know of Donna, she said something like "So you are Donna, I am so sorry".

Yes I felt she knew OF her and what happened to her i.e the Doctor having to wipe her memory of their time together and what that would mean for Donna. That's why she avoided mentioning to Donna what happens to her.

I also watched The Ood again the other night and thought the mention of the song ending soon was referring to Donna, I didn't even think of River Song!!! Again I have to say, sheer genius this series!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also watched The Ood again the other night and thought the mention of the song ending soon was referring to Donna, I didn't even think of River Song!!! Again I have to say, sheer genius this series!!!!

I think its more a reference to Doomsday, after the Ood said "Your song must end soon", a snippet of the Doomsday score is heard for a few seconds. Doomsday is the song of The Doctor and Rose's seperation. It ended because she came back :)
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Chewjacka, I'm just gonna add the stuff you forgot =]

PiC: Adipose Three + Bees & Rose Tyler & The Shadow Proclamtion

FoP: she is returning, Something on your back, Pyrovilia, Shadow Prcolamtions & Mesuda Cascade

TpotO: DoctorDonna, "I think you're song must end soon" Doomsday song is heard, Bees

TsS: Broken Moon of the Medusa Cascade, Pocket in Time, Martha Jones

TpS: Sacrifice of Rattigan + Project Indigo [Teleportation from the Sontarans], Rose Tyler

TdD: Sacrifice of Jenny, Manipulating DNA [Like Davros ---> Daleks/ Doctor -----> Daleks] Hand in the jar

TuatW: Buzzy bees disappearing, The fact of being remembered.

SiL: River Song never heard of Donna, Pictures of a Blonde Girl & A Wolf"

FotD: Planets as machines, Doctors name , River Song's Sacarfice

M: Lost Moon Of Poosh, Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Tardis, Medusa Cascade, Sacarfice of the hostess, Rose Shouting "Doctor"

TL: Rose, The Darkness(Stars are going out), Bees Disappaering, Jark Harness, Gwen Cooper, Ianto Jones, Sarah Jane & Luke Smith, Martha Jones <-- they would all be there for the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctors Daughter: A being that came from his DNA was born in battle, and her instinct was to kill
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all these links highlighting that RTD is in fact a genius?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are all these links highlighting that RTD is in fact a genius?

Yep you got it in one! :D