Retrofest - Real Radio or Clyde 1 ?

sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
Forum Member
✭✭
When Retrofest (the 80s music festival) was staged in Ayrshire last year, Real Radio were the radio partner. When this year's festival was announced (Strathclyde Park at the end of this month), it was all over Clyde 1 and they appeared on all the advertising for the event - no mention of it on Real Radio.......until a couple of weeks ago when they began plugging it and now I notice that Clyde 1 don't appear anywhere on the publicity but Real Radio is all over it.

Anyone know what happened to Clyde 1's involvement ?

Comments

• Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always got the impression from the way Real went on about it before that it was their own event!

To be honest that's the main reason why I haen't gone before. Not that I have anything against GMG per se, but as an ex radio guy I felt uncomfortable about going to what I percieved by the way Real went on about it as a kind of jumped up radio roadshow.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radio Clyde were the official supporters for this event until quite recently, I even knew about Clyde being the supporters of this one back in April.

Radio Clyde are (still) the official supporters of quite a few other events in West Central Scotland in the months to come - and they seemed to have made a particular bee-line for Lanarkshire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Media/Broadcast Partners: Sunday Mail, Clyde 1, M8 Magazine, XFM, STV, Channel 4’s T4.

from

live at Loch Lomond
    Retrofest
    Retrofest
    Real Radio is delighted to announce that by popular demand Retrofest is coming back for a second year!

Real Radio

Retrofest early Bird tickets Clyde 1

http://www.clyde1.com/article.asp?id=566619