two weeks of bleeding since coming off the pill... is this normal?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
Forum Member
apologies in advance for any blokes who might be reading this :p

i stopped taking the pill after 3 weeks, like you're supposed to, and bled through that week (again, as you're supposed to). the problem was, i used to suffer from depression and the week i wasn't taking the pill was awful. i was all over the place mentally and emotionally so i switched pills. i switched from ovranette to leostrin (i think that's how it's spelt). i'd only taken ovranette for one month before switching to leostrin. the reason i was given leostrin by the doctor is because it's a lower dosage, so the idea was to not take a weeks break, just take it continually until my body decided it needed a break

a week after i started taking leostrin, i started bleeding again. i was still taking it at this point, so was quite confused. this was last thursday, and it's still not stopped. i stopped taking the pill on saturday anyways, because i was suffering awful mood swings. thankfully, they've stopped now i'm not taking it, but i really want the bleeding to stop because my boyfriend gets back from greece on sunday and well... yes :p. i thought it had stopped yesterday, but it's started again today. not too much, but i worry it'll get heavier over the next few days

should this actually be happening though? i thought it might have been because the pill i was on wasn't strong enough, but regardless, i shouldn't be bleeding only a week after stopping bleeding, should i? i'm not planning to go back on the pill again, because of the mood swings, but it is worth going to a doctor again?

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this happen when I took a break from the pill a few years ago. I was convinced there was something seriously wrong with me. i went to my g.p who said it was nothing to worry about. It went on for another few weeks and then stopped. I should imagin it is your body going back to normal as the pill creates false periods but if you are worried I would book an appointment with your g.p.