The European and World Football Thread

Comments

• Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Marseilles in a dog fight with 4th division Grenoble in the COUPE DE FRANCE
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Juventus can beat Inter tonight in the clash match and Podolski doesn't score!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Juventus can beat Inter tonight in the clash match and Podolski doesn't score!

hopefully inter can beat juve tonight and podolski can score!
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Good match with a bit of everything, 1-1 in the end, Kovacic sent off right near the end.

Signing Osvaldo won't do Inter any favors. His attitude is awful, it's Inter though so knowing them they'll sign him at the end of the loan.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC Milan getting beast at home by Sasuallo was a bit of as shock I thought, I know that they are not the best team anymore, but still this'd was as shock to see them unable to really do anything of note.
    Forum Member
    Milan are hit and miss, although in fairness they were missing a few players here (Honda to the Asia Cup, Mexes to injury, De Jong, Armero etc). Sassuolo were coming in on the back of quality form too, one loss in their last eleven in the league. Di Francesco has done a good job with what he's got there, done well turning it around after the madness at the start of last year.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Milan are hit and miss, although in fairness they were missing a few players here (Honda to the Asia Cup, Mexes to injury, De Jong, Armero etc). Sassuolo were coming in on the back of quality form too, one loss in their last eleven in the league. Di Francesco has done a good job with what he's got there, done well turning it around after the madness at the start of last year.

Who was the player that scored four past them a season or so ago?
    I remember there being a lot of hype around him at the time.

I know it is wrong, but I just cannot shake the first thought of them being the matche(s) where they lost 8-0 was it to Inter twice.

They have improved since then, but that still doesn't change what my immediate first thoughts are!
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC Milan getting beast at home by Sasuallo was a bit of as shock I thought, I know that they are not the best team anymore, but still this'd was as shock to see them unable to really do anything of note.

Don't get to see much Italian football but I watched that match today and Milan were just so so poor. No shape, no spark and no energy. It's sad to see how they've fallen from where they were 8-12 years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good match with a bit of everything, 1-1 in the end, Kovacic sent off right near the end.

Signing Osvaldo won't do Inter any favors. His attitude is awful, it's Inter though so knowing them they'll sign him at the end of the loan.

great match, juve could have been 2-3 up but second half inter out battled juve midfieid(thats all mancini mentality for me) and had 2 glorious chances to win the game.

as for osvaldo he was well within his rights to rage at icardi for me, terrible decision not to pass. however if he swore at the manager i would not want him signed permanently either.

but overall a pleasing draw for inter, the good times will return under mancini, team looks transformed.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    thought Juve faded badly in the 2nd half - too much Xmas maybe - and lack punch up front. Llorente is a shadow of his former self. I'd prefer to see Morata start. Inter's goal was joke defending too. Strange switch off of concentration; wouldn't have happened under Conte as he'd kill you.
    V amusing when Osvaldo almost headbutted his own teammate for not passing to him. Thought the Pod had a good game when he came on. Fair result in the end. Juve's final ball in the 1st half was dire. Wasn't a classic by any means. Keep playing like this and they'll let Roma in the door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would be great if roma win it.

inter need juve to beat napoli on weekend though.
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    great match, juve could have been 2-3 up but second half inter out battled juve midfieid(thats all mancini mentality for me) and had 2 glorious chances to win the game.

as for osvaldo he was well within his rights to rage at icardi for me, terrible decision not to pass. however if he swore at the manager i would not want him signed permanently either.

but overall a pleasing draw for inter, the good times will return under mancini, team looks transformed.

Plenty of players have a go at each other in those situations but Osvaldo is an absolute lunatic. You don't go charging at your own player and looking to almost fight him on the pitch. To cap it off he runs straight off the pitch at the final whistle too. His attitude is shocking and it does the confidence and moral of the team no good in the long run. It's not a new thing either, plenty of history with stuff like this. He can produce a moment of magic here and there but Inter shouldn't even be considering making his loan permanent at the end of the season.

Inter still have plenty of work to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plenty of players have a go at each other in those situations but Osvaldo is an absolute lunatic. You don't go charging at your own player and looking to almost fight him on the pitch. To cap it off he runs straight off the pitch at the final whistle too. His attitude is shocking and it does the confidence and moral of the team no good in the long run. It's not a new thing either, plenty of history with stuff like this. He can produce a moment of magic here and there but Inter shouldn't even be considering making his loan permanent at the end of the season.

Inter still have plenty of work to do.

plenty of work to do in terms of points but performance is getting there.

as for osvaldo, if that tantrum was by any other player you wouldnt post the same thing imo, its just because he has previous.

he was not almost fighting imo, guarin probably made it look worse.
    Forum Member
    plenty of work to do in terms of points but performance is getting there.

as for osvaldo, if that tantrum was by any other player you wouldnt post the same thing imo, its just because he has previous.

he was not almost fighting imo, guarin probably made it look worse.

?

So I've got something against Osvaldo or Inter? That makes no sense. He's got previous for having a sh*t attitude, it's well known. My point was it's just another example of him being a massive idiot. So a question for you, you'd want Inter to sign Osvaldo on a permanent deal at the end of the season?
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At times, Osvaldo seems to exist solely so we don't have to imagine what it'd be like if Ibrahimovic couldn't back it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ?

So I've got something against Osvaldo or Inter? That makes no sense. He's got previous for having a sh*t attitude, it's well known. My point was it's just another example of him being a massive idiot. So a question for you, you'd want Inter to sign Osvaldo on a permanent deal at the end of the season?

as stated earlier i wouldnt want him signed on a permanent.

my point was that yesterdays clash has been blown out of proportion because it is osvaldo, had it been palacio who had run over and berated icardi for not passing no one would have bat an eye lid. osvaldo was not even close to physically fighting.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing the Madrird derby later :) wonder if El Niño will make his debut?! They still love him over there and I found the video on his move rather touching - would love to see him do well there and recapture some of his form.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    At times, Osvaldo seems to exist solely so we don't have to imagine what it'd be like if Ibrahimovic couldn't back it up.

Haha. Very true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah hoping for a torres goal and atletico win tonight.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Real Madrid's (likely although not over yet) second defeat in a row (third if you count that game against milan)
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    yeah hoping for a torres goal and atletico win tonight.

One out of two not too bad :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaqiri joins Inter Milan.

glory days coming back to black and blue half of milan?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Messi to leave Barca in the summer.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Messi to leave Barca in the summer.

Who can afford the crazy £500m price tag though?!
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance that Messi will leave Barcelona, in my opinion.