Lady Gaga fans need to chill out

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm reading the comments on Ke$ha's new video page. They all seem to think:

1) Ke$ha is trying to compete with Lady Gaga

2) There's only room for one popstar in her early-20s

I see this also with Rihanna's YouTube pages too. Jeez, just back off already!

I highly doubt Ke$ha gives a rats ass about Gaga. She's done amazingly well, both as a singer and a songwriter/producer. The next Britney single is her song, fgs.

Comments

• ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean these people are Gaga fans, just like all those people who think they invented the wheel by comparing Gaga to Madonna are not necessarily Madonna fans.

I'm a Gaga fan and I don't follow or care what Ke$ha does. I'm not sure she can even sing, but feel free to prove me wrong.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    This is kind of random, but the 2nd best-selling song in South Korea was written by Ke$ha, so I discovered the other day! :eek:

She actually does quite a surprising amount of work behind the scenes! And I love how chilled out she is with the songs she makes. How she doesn't take them too seriously.

I think people criticize Ke$ha because none of her most popular songs make people feel emotional (in the tear-jerker sense). I think the Ke$ha critics aren't realizing that this is not Ke$ha's aim with what she does. If Ke$ha's songs make people cry, she's failed as a musician, because that's not what she's trying to achieve with her songs.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ ^ which song? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    The only time I noticed major hostility toward Ke$ha from Gaga fans was when she first arrived on the scene and was dubbed "the new Gaga?", which people got over when it became clear she wasn't.

Oh, and at the VMA's when she was scowling at Gaga winning. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    This is kind of random, but the 2nd best-selling song in South Korea was written by Ke$ha, so I discovered the other day! :eek:

She actually does quite a surprising amount of work behind the scenes! And I love how chilled out she is with the songs she makes. How she doesn't take them too seriously.

I think people criticize Ke$ha because none of her most popular songs make people feel emotional (in the tear-jerker sense). I think the Ke$ha critics aren't realizing that this is not Ke$ha's aim with what she does. If Ke$ha's songs make people cry, she's failed as a musician, because that's not what she's trying to achieve with her songs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw that list and I was under the impression that it was the second best-selling *international* single and that the South Korean ones sold wayyy more...??
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    The only time I noticed major hostility toward Ke$ha from Gaga fans was when she first arrived on the scene and was dubbed "the new Gaga?", which people got over when it became clear she wasn't.

Oh, and at the VMA's when she was scowling at Gaga winning. :p

Did she not see the evils Katy Perry was giving out?

Here's a quick compilation of the wins and the reactions.
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Did she not see the evils Katy Perry was giving out?

Bitter bitches :rolleyes:

Katy's had good practise losing to Gaga now, though. She faked smiles all through the Grammys ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think everyone on the internet can agree most gaga fans are crazy people who worship her at a god-like status. Including people in this thread ;):p

I laughed at Katy Perry and Kesha looking bored at gaga winning, as thats what most of the audience at home was like! Good for them.
    Forum Member
    You're right. Nobody cheered or anything. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right. Nobody cheered or anything. :eek:
    read it.
    forgive me, but could see everyones actions at home?

puzzled.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga stans may be rabid, but Xtina fans are worse. After her muck up at the suoperbowl, they are out in full force, freaking at anyone that says even the most innocent thing about their beloved. :D
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »
    read it.
    forgive me, but could see everyones actions at home?

puzzled.

Sorry, must have been confused by the sweeping statement and condescending tone.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Most artists have rabid, ridiculous fans. Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, etc—apart from Katy Perry, who in even her most devoted fan seems to inspire only the most mild of passions. It's just an internet thing.

I'm not surprised Katy looks pissed: I'd be mad if I was so consistently upstaged by every single one of my peers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Most artists have rabid, ridiculous fans. Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, etc—apart from Katy Perry, who in even her most devoted fan seems to inspire only the most mild of passions. It's just an internet thing.

i dunno, but maybe they have lives and and aren't on the internet 24/7 defending here agains crazed "rival" fans. Meh. just a thought.
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »
    i dunno, but maybe they have lives and and aren't on the internet 24/7 defending here agains crazed "rival" fans. Meh. just a thought.

Nah, her basicness is just so upfront that it's impossible to defend.
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Personally, I find the fact that Katy Perry has managed to achieve so much commercial success without having a lunatic, rabid fanbase all the more impressive. People just genuinely want to buy her music, rather than being swept along by the hype of fanatical adulation. :)
    Forum Member
    Personally, I find the fact that Katy Perry has managed to achieve so much commercial success without having a lunatic, rabid fanbase all the more impressive. People just genuinely want to buy her music, rather than being swept along by the hype of fanatical adulation. :)

Not many people buy her albums, though. Casual floaters get her singles but she isn't actually that successful at all. 2 million copies of her new album after three worldwide smashes is poor. Comparatively, Nicki Minaj's debut is outselling it in America despite not having produced a single top 10 hit. She could do with a few more rabid fans.

Anyway, most artists have crazy fans online. I think once they leave their computers they leave the madness behind with them. Facebook, twitter, etc are making this increasingly diffcult, though.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the VMA video, Ke$ha is quite clearly like "Oh God... Look at this pathetic mess."
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, but her criticis need to chill out even more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look it's safe to say when Kate Bush makes her long awaited return this year, Gargoyle, Keisha, Rihnana and Cheryl Tweed will be a bad memory once again and when all is said and done, her highness will prevail.

Arise Dame Kate Bush and smite these awful minions of the music world that you so obviously rule over and taketh your rightful place as the Goddess of this popular medium, that we your subjects, call music.

"It's in the trees!
    It's coming!"
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Gaga stans may be rabid, but Xtina fans are worse. After her muck up at the suoperbowl, they are out in full force, freaking at anyone that says even the most innocent thing about their beloved. :D

I'm sorry I made that ''Christina At The SuperBowl'' Thread.
    I'm sure someone would have done it, but I don't like bitching on the Forum...:yawn::sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, but her criticis need to chill out even more.

Ditto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I listen to all the current pop girls but Gaga is a favourite of mine but I'm not crazy and mad. I often defend Ke$ha more so and ignore gaga slating because it's just bait gagging off annoying trolls.

Xtina and britney fans I've encountered seem to be so ridiculously bad.

It's often the younger fans who are ridiculous and crazy. This is possibly because usually their hobbies revolve around worshipping that pop star, school and the internet.

So every artists has a cult of psychopaths but people like xtina and britney have more because they've gained more over the years.
    Kylie and Madonna do have a lot of bitter old nagging queens on their fan forums that hate anyone who likes any of the contemporary pop girls also which is ridiculous!

I do admit I know Katy fans that admit she can't sing firework for sh!t but others who claim she can sing it good (though thse are more devils advocate types) but then I'm also the person that finally said not everything Gaga does is amazing, the first single underwhelmed me and so did the grammy performance.

I guess I'm the odd shocker of gaga fans then eh?
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »

Thanks for that. Has confirmed for me all of the reasons I cannot stand Lady Gaga :sleep: