Options

Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Options
    Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I won tickets on here and never went :p my mums friends went instead and said it was shit xD

I don't blame you! :p Lucy escape then ;-)
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't slate this show enough so I'll try to not slag them all to the ground but after a while you do seem to think "why am I watching these old hags blabber on about topical items?", like...who the hell is Colleen Nolan to give her views.

I know that sounds a strange thing to say as everyone is entitled to the views of course, but it's just very pointless imo. The show is pointless. It did kinda used to be good, and had much better guests even up until about 3 years ago. But now they're lucky if they get Howard the halifax man.

All dried up hags in my opinion. I call them "loose dogs".

Okay I'll stop! I'm sorry! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won tickets on here and never went :p my mums friends went instead and said it was shit xD

LMFAO this post! :D
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    I can't slate this show enough so I'll try to not slag them all to the ground but after a while you do seem to think "why am I watching these old hags blabber on about topical items?", like...who the hell is Colleen Nolan to give her views.

I know that sounds a strange thing to say as everyone is entitled to the views of course, but it's just very pointless imo. The show is pointless. It did kinda used to be good, and had much better guests even up until about 3 years ago. But now they're lucky if they get Howard the halifax man.

Can I ask if this was a panel of men would you refer to them as old hags or dried up? I would say that some of the panellists do not add value and the guests can be a bit random on some days, but why, when middle aged woman are involved in something, does the language always involve the words old, hags and dried up (not to mention dogs). I am sorry that women do not stay in their young nubile state for ever, or they do not disappear into a dark room with their posse of cats when they have the nerve to get older, but they are entitled to have opinions and be on our screens, just like older guys are. There is no male version of this show (although you could argue Match of the Day is a similar line up albeit around a theme) but there are plenty of shows where middle aged men/elderly men take a prominent role, usually alongside a much younger woman. Perhaps the point is you don't mind the format but only if the old hags were replaced by young, fit and pretty panellists.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Sorry - but many seem to be jumping on the bandwagon here!

I, personally, enjoy it on an afternoon. It's light-hearted fun most of the time - sometimes it gets serious, and they have interesting (sometimes) guests on the show.

Ruth is my favourite anchor woman and Janet Street-Porter is the best outspoken panellist (I love Nadia too!).

What's the problem? It's far more interesting than 'Question Time' ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry - but many seem to be jumping on the bandwagon here!

I, personally, enjoy it on an afternoon. It's light-hearted fun most of the time - sometimes it gets serious, and they have interesting (sometimes) guests on the show.

Ruth is my favourite anchor woman and Janet Street-Porter is the best outspoken panellist (I love Nadia too!).

What's the problem? It's far more interesting than 'Question Time' ! :D

Exactly. I have a few panellists that I don't like but it is nice little show that doesn't promise to be highbrow. If it really is very bad it is not compulsory to watch it. I think that it has improved and settled down of late, they have stopped playing around with it. Nice cup of tea, sandwich and LW - not a bad way to pass lunchtime. but don't want Mrs Frizell turning up anytime soon.
  • Options
    MontyzumaMontyzuma Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Derek Faye wrote: »

For my benefit, what is a 'dried up hag'? What is the male equivalent? At what age do you become an old hag? Is the age the same for male hags?

Do Janet Street Porter and Jane Moore have more of a right to a viewpoint due to their background than say Coleen. What do you look for in a credible panelist.

You probably need to try just a little harder in not slagging then 'into the ground'. You did try your very hardest, but you just fell short of the mark.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask if this was a panel of men would you refer to them as old hags or dried up? I would say that some of the panellists do not add value and the guests can be a bit random on some days, but why, when middle aged woman are involved in something, does the language always involve the words old, hags and dried up (not to mention dogs). I am sorry that women do not stay in their young nubile state for ever, or they do not disappear into a dark room with their posse of cats when they have the nerve to get older, but they are entitled to have opinions and be on our screens, just like older guys are. There is no male version of this show (although you could argue Match of the Day is a similar line up albeit around a theme) but there are plenty of shows where middle aged men/elderly men take a prominent role, usually alongside a much younger woman. Perhaps the point is you don't mind the format but only if the old hags were replaced by young, fit and pretty panellists.
    Montyzuma wrote: »
    For my benefit, what is a 'dried up hag'? What is the male equivalent? At what age do you become an old hag? Is the age the same for male hags?

Do Janet Street Porter and Jane Moore have more of a right to a viewpoint due to their background than say Coleen. What do you look for in a credible panelist.

You probably need to try just a little harder in not slagging then 'into the ground'. You did try your very hardest, but you just fell short of the mark.

Well said posters!

Funny how there's no really derogatory names for middle aged / old men isn't it? Know your place middle aged /old women - stay off the tv!! *roll eyes*

It's amazing how often I hear the Loose Women panellists being talked about in insulting terms yet I bet it wouldn't happen if it was a panel consisting of Holly Willoughby, Rachel Riley, Michelle Keegan et all on there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Didn't they form some super flop group with New Kids on the Block and call themselves New Kids on the Backstreet Block!? I bet there's only half of them left anyway!

Weren't a flop. What a strange thing. They're doing a documentary over the past 21 yrs they've been together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went And it was actually really good. Wouldn't say "shit" in any sense of the word. But each to their own.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    LISABR123 wrote: »
    I went And it was actually really good. Wouldn't say "shit" in any sense of the word. But each to their own.

I'm glad to hear it, my mums friends were actually BSB fans but said it really didn't flow well and they were quite pitchy. (and they couldn't stand the NKOTB boys)
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Loose Women is just awful. It's lost it's way.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sack all the deadwood...
    and just give Kaye Adam's her own show
  • Options
    Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea coming out in a cape like Madonna last night - pathetic woman is that Mclean woman!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good show today. Richard Osman is a nice guy.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Sack all the deadwood...
    and just give Kaye Adam's her own show

Kaye is hardly ever on it now, seems to be Ruth and Andrea and Kaye gets 1 day now
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Well said posters!

Funny how there's no really derogatory names for middle aged / old men isn't it? Know your place middle aged /old women - stay off the tv!! *roll eyes*

It's amazing how often I hear the Loose Women panellists being talked about in insulting terms yet I bet it wouldn't happen if it was a panel consisting of Holly Willoughby, Rachel Riley, Michelle Keegan et all on there!

Exactly.

I love Loose Women - it's an enjoyable, informative, entertaining little interlude in the middle of the day. I don't get why the panel get such a raw deal on DS forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaye is hardly ever on it now, seems to be Ruth and Andrea and Kaye gets 1 day now

I think she has a radio show on a Scottish station which might prevent her doing more LW. She is my fave - funny and articulate.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few old "Live Talk" clips if anyone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0H399UOyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGJjqlfm6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHTZZRuqkKM

Kinda makes you see the show hasn't really changed!
  • Options
    DelicateKittenDelicateKitten Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea coming out in a cape like Madonna last night - pathetic woman is that Mclean woman!

She tries so hard to be funny. It's embarrassing!
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is great, and the cape was funny. You're the people with no sense of humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobMiles wrote: »
    Andrea is great, and the cape was funny. You're the people with no sense of humour.

Really!? It was that funny!?
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Kelly was amazing :D
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Well said posters!

Yes, but when will that ever happen (sigh)
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I ever hear about this show is' shake-up' planned, then I read they are bringing back hosts that left years ago.