Options

Immigration street

Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benefits-street-immigration-street-team-3844553

As if Benefit Street wasn't bad enough now this crap comes along.
Yes there is a problem with some immigration in this country but making hateful incendiary shows like this will not help anyone at all and actually make things worse . Besides read an article this morning about the street that will be featured and people were remarking how well integrated it is . Most residents have said they want nothing to do with it but the fear is the researchers will target vulnerable people and show them in a bad light.

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bump for this (I can't find a more recent thread)

I saw the promo for this and Channel 4 are basically selling it was the "programme they wanted stopped" you have to admire their brass neck while deploring their commissioning mentality.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on the fact the production company is obviously using the subject just to try to make a controversial show, but I am also not keen on intimidation being used to stop them filming.

Especially if it is from either the immigrants or from local youths.

One thing we should pride ourselves on in this country is the idea of Free Speech and that we should be against mob rule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen that the Unions are promoting censorship and demonstrating against Channel 4 showing the programme. rolleyes
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have to watch it!
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm preparing to put my foot through the tv.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " White Dee" & co. said exactly the same about Benefits Street. She, subsequently, decided that she was able to work, after all :D:D

I am sure a new 'Star' will be born from this series ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    " White Dee" & co. said exactly the same about Benefits Street. She, subsequently, decided that she was able to work, after all :D:D

I am sure a new 'Star' will be born from this series ;-)

I doubt it as it is a one off.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the show where local hostility and lack of cooperation meant the they could only make one episode instead of a series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Is this the show where local hostility and lack of cooperation meant the they could only make one episode instead of a series?

Yes...
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On tonight after the Romanians :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Just seen that the Unions are promoting censorship and demonstrating against Channel 4 showing the programme. rolleyes

Unions lol. Is it the 70's?
  • Options
    sandstonesandstone Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Unions that should be protecting UK workers against wage depression by uncontrolled immigration.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Unions are just labour sycophants with their fat noses in the trough.

Anyway, I digress. This does look like more sensationalist rubbish from channel 4. No doubt they'll have a few UKIP clips in for good measure.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Immigration is not about people, its about political policies. They should have made a film about Tony Blair and Co. demanding to know why they let so many people we don't need in.

Immigrants usually follow either the integration or the multiculturalism path. I'm guessing that these are the latter because they keep going on about how much they get on. The English don't tend to see Integrated migrants as immigrants, but they do see second and third generation multicultural ethnic minority's as immigrants.

That's why they always overestimate the number of migrants here. Integration really is about immigration control, too many, too quickly and in the same place and that's where the negative attitude starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chav scum showing why they are seen as so uncouth.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can see why after the farce of Benefits street.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest would YOU want channel 4 filming more rubbish on your doorstep? I'm glad the residents told them where to stick their 'documentary'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    you can see why after the farce of Benefits street.

I don't mind them being against the programme but there is no need for the violence and intimidation.

The programme makers did themselves no favours with Benefits Street.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this part of the UKIP season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest would YOU want channel 4 filming more rubbish on your doorstep? I'm glad the residents told them where to stick their 'documentary'

Think It killed the format dead when all those people in Benefits street came out and said about the edits and how they were portrayed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them being against the programme but there is no need for the violence and intimidation.

The programme makers did themselves no favours with Benefits Street.

agree totally
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live right near here...it's a cesspit of crime and run by gangs.
    Rape is rampant..think Rotherham.

The truth should be shown.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the UK population is lazy, hence why immigrants do so well. Yeah ok mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go, another immigrant who has bought housing and rents it to multiple occupation just to make money.

There is no evidence that immigration has helped this country compared to if it hadn't happened.

We would have adapted.