Options

C4 Kids and Guns

brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this thread is already here, I searched and couldnt find it.

Can anyone else believe this? I'm gobsmacked!

Did you see that 4 year old with that gun that shot back and hit her on the chin! She wasnt wearing any protection or anything!

I know its a different culture to ours but there's a limit to how openminded I can be. Where are their social services? They are asking for more accidents and mass shootings.

Anyone else watching?

Comments

• Options
    PenicilinaPenicilina Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Aye I'm watching, can't quite believe those parents buying a gun for their four year old. They just aren't old enough to understand exactly what their dealing with. And who in their right mind let's a 9 year old go off on his own to hunt.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I can't believe these parents. They are letting small children shoot guns and even buying them riffles in pink. When something bad happens, then they blame society for it.
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beggars belief. I sympathise with their loss but can't understand why a child would ever have a gun in hand let alone unsupervised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt even let a child under the age of 14 in the same room as a gun.

I am rarely shocked like this, I like computer games like grand theft auto, I like movies with violence and everything, it takes a lot to shock me, but I am truly stunned.

Then the mum at the end of the clip saying that they still think kids should be able to have guns hunting after losing her own child. Really lost for words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Beggars belief. I sympathise with their loss but can't understand why a child would ever have a gun in hand let alone unsupervised.

So, supervised child with a gun is OK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They all say they would use it in self defense, and they all have automatic riffles. Hilarious! Wouldn't a regular gun be enough for self defense?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would be hilarious if it wasn't guns. They are made for one thing and one thing only... to kill. Im glad to see no one on here trying to defend them so far!
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That stupid father obsessed with getting his 4 year old girl to go hunting and kill animals. Poor girl saying she didn't want to shoot an animal, just the target. Also even worse was that she asked for ear protection and the stupid man didn't think that was important.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the best of the bunch are the dad and daughter who go "zombie hunting". I feel sorry for the daughter of the soldier, she'll never be able to turn around and say she doesn't want to do it for fear of letting him down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »

Not children under 16.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »

I used a gun in Scouts (and Beavers) at that age, although that was target practise, and was heavily controlled to prevent accidental (or deliberate) shooting of real people...

I would say it's OK under exceptional and controlled circumstances, but not in ordinary family life, there's a difference between the adventurous nature of Scouts and ordinary family life...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with children shooting guns but I think they should be at least 10 years old and fully supervised and it should be something they actually WANT to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used a gun in Scouts (and Beavers) at that age, although that was target practise, and was heavily controlled to prevent accidental (or deliberate) shooting of real people...

I would say it's OK under exceptional and controlled circumstances, but not in ordinary family life, there's a difference between the adventurous nature of Scouts and ordinary family life...

How old were you and what kind of guns are we talking about here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink guns, blue guns, really! They are not toys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda get it with the girl learning to shoot in competitions, I suppose to be the best you have to train from a young age and she seems resonsible enough and has been taught the importance of safety, even if the father is a bit pushy. But that 4 year old with the squirrel was just terrible!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    brewer480 wrote: »
    How old were you and what kind of guns are we talking about here?

Can't remember exactly, but definitely younger than 16. It was an air rifle, so not especially dangerous, and it was rigidly controlled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least that man is seeing sense now. I like his tank wheelchair.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see it tonight, how did the family lose their son?
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about the footage of the three year old and six year old unwrapping them for Xmas and the six y/o saying but we are too young for guns! I'm six and he is three!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see it tonight, how did the family lose their son?

He was allowed to go hunting on his own with a gun that didnt look too sterdy. They suspect that he tripped when crossing water and used the gun to support him which fired through his forehead. We saw the father do some tests which showed the gun shooting once hitting impact without the trigger being touched. A tragedy, but I cant believe they still think they were right to let him have a gun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malaikah wrote: »
    How about the footage of the three year old and six year old unwrapping them for Xmas and the six y/o saying but we are too young for guns! I'm six and he is three!!

Yeah that was sickening too. The kids clearly knew more than their own parents!
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    brewer480 wrote: »
    it would be hilarious if it wasn't guns. They are made for one thing and one thing only... to kill. Im glad to see no one on here trying to defend them so far!

It was a documentary with an agenda. Any fool could see that. The makers deliberately chose extreme examples of US gun owners to fit their narrative.

I felt rather sorry for the four year-old daughter of the crippled ex-soldier. She clearly had no interest in either guns or hunting and it was being forced on her by her parents. Quite why the idiot father thought that getting her to sit behind a .44 calibre lightweight rifle would result in anything other than a smack from the uncontrolled recoil, I have no idea.

The trailer park guy teaching his nine year-old daughter to shoot was sad for other reasons. She was obviously a well-adjusted kid but did she really want a series of guns as Christmas and birthday presents? The father did take a responsible approach, however. He recognised that she was not big enough to handle full bore guns and seemed to let her use full sized pistols chambered for small calibre rounds. There was hardly any recoil when you saw her using that revolver in their back yard range.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor 4year old girl more interested in popping bubble wrap...which is what 4 year olds love. Ignorant parents....the mum saying they want her to learn about shooting because it is a dangerous world....wtf?? Viscious circle...
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I did feel sorry for Gia. She would much rather have had a day on the beach picknicking with her father than standing around in a hot, dusty quarry with a lot of adults, in a shooting competition.

It is no different to any other parent living out a fantasy through their children but it was a shame.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throughout watching this i couldn't stop thinking 'yes the next School massacre by some deranged nutjob and the world will be wailing sympathy yet again'. They may well learn how to shoot guns, but in the process they are also learning how to kill.

It seemed to me most of the young kids wanted to play with a doll or kick a ball around, but their totally mad parents wanted them to learn how to shoot guns instead. Naturally the killing part is neatly dressed up as 'hunting'.

What kind of fruit loop buys a rifle for a four year old FFS? >:(