Options

Disneyland Paris

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
Forum Member
✭✭
Going here just for a day in August as part of a trip to France. Stopping off on our way to Provence. Accommodation sorted. Just need advice on what is the best thing to see/do for an 8 year old boy (just 8). The site is so big want to aim for certain rides/places as our time is limited. We'll be at the park all day from morning to when it shuts I should think (to see the fireworks)

Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    General tips:
    - For least wait times, arrive 30mins before rope drop.
    - Go to the most popular attraction you want to ride and grab a FastPass for it,
    - Then go to the second most popular, ride it
    and work your way through most popular down - making sure you have a fastpass for the next on your list.

The most popular rides are
    Space Mountain,
    Indiana Jones,
    Spash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    (for Disneyland Park)

Tower of Terror
    Crushs Coaster
    (Studios Park)

Always have lunch and dinner much later/much earlier than you would think in order to maximum the fact most people are eating. (Have lunch at 3ish, dinner at 9).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless bump to see if anyone else has any advice.

Thanks for yours coolmark - will bear all that in mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost 11 years since we were there, so I'm sure the rides will be totally different now. Sorry I can't really help you there.

All I can say is if you can do two days instead of one, it would be better. We did one full day, loved it, but didn't get to see everything. Using the train rides to get around the park will obviously help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Check out the Parade, I'd advise standing by the Castle, the seating area has childrens seat right at the front.

Look at the schedule for "Minnie's Party Train", another meet and greet opportunity.

Also in the Studios is Playhouse Disney Live!

I think you may struggle to do all the rides and both parks in a day. In my opinion the ideal length is 2 days in Disneyland Parc and 1 day in Walt Disney Studios.

Let me know if you want to know anything else, I'm a bit of a Disneyland expert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Backwards was very much one not to be missed for me.

I hated it and screamed so much I had to go on it three times just to make sure :)
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rock n roll rollercoaster !!

whoosh................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks folks, some excellent tips here. Not sure if we can do 2 days but will see as it sounds itll be worth it. Thinking of just the one park as I think you need a seperate ticket for either Disneyland or Studios Park and given its just a day we have (for now) only really wanting to "do" one park.

Know for sure we won't be staying at a resort hotel. So expensive :eek: Being cheap and camping in a nearby campsite! :D

Not told my son about it. He knows we're going camping to the South of France etc. But not the Disney part. :)