Options

I want this...What should I get?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Hi All,

Sorry I've been a member of the site for ages but not a massive user. A few years back I bought a Thomson PVR, had a few problems but it's been ok & done a job for 3 years, so I wont slag it off!

Please help, can you good people recommend a new PVR for me please?

It needs to have, Twin Tuner, 160GB to 500Gb & I need to transfer some recordings to a laptop/USB memory stick,Between £100-£200. I've had a quick look & noticed the Topfield 5800/5810 or Humax PVR9200TB.

Am I in the right place or could you recommend something else? I'm looking to buy right away so if you can let me know asap. Thanks in advance.

Tiddy

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Both Topfield models will certainly meet your requirements. However you can't transfer recordings directly to a USB stick as such, but you can instead connect a laptop via USB cable and transfer that way. Once the recording is on your laptop you can do whatever you like with it (I believe apps such as VLC media player can play back Topfield recordings without any conversion).

I think there are some bargains to be had at the moment if you search the Internet, the 5800 models in particular have been selling really cheap.