Options

Inbetweeners Series 3 Discussion

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 minutes wrote: »
    Roll on 11 o'clock. Looked like a London street judging by the road sign on the side of the house. I wonder why they used Warwick? Not so far to be believable?? Anyhow, tourettes ''sex'' at 11pm :)

Yes, it was a London roadsign on the side of the house, and the building.

The style of the house looked as if it was West LLondon, possibly in the Shepherds Bush/North Kensington area.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of the best episodes they have EVER done!

i agree a season based on uni would be hillarious aswell
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best of the so far disapointing 3rd series by a mile. Lots of great bits. Simon's response to 'Do you love me?' 'Yeeeaaah' was marvellous.

And the final hungover 'beepbebeepbeepbeep' from Jay was brilliant.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Rewatching now :) when did simons parents get back together? im sure they split up.

Did his folks not get back together in the same episode?

I'm sure his dad came downstairs in his mums dressing gown asking Simon for condoms.
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why omn earth did Simon listen to Jay about sex advice? :D
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    watched the interview on 4music earlier. It cut out halfway through, after the saturdays video :(
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Arcane2 wrote: »
    Why omn earth did Simon listen to Jay about sex advice? :D

This is the one aspect I didn't get. Surely they've all cottoned on to Jay by now? You can understand Neil hanging on his every word but I thought Simon was a little brighter than that!

Nevertheless the best episode of the series so far for me. Lots of great moments. Neil pissing in the bed was hilarious. :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There hasn't been nearly enough of Mr Gilbert this series :(
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Very true
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Very true

Maybe it turns out that Mr Gilbert is the guy Will's mum is going off to meet in next week's episode :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised nobody's picked up on the glaring error of the episode. Warwick University isn't actually in Warwick - it's in Coventry and the majority of its students live in and around the campus, in Coventry.

For the record, the Uni was built on land just outside the then-city boundary that was owned by Warwickshire County Council. A deal was struck that the university would take the name of the county town, Warwick - and a confusion was birthed that goes on to this day. Warwick railway station still gets people wandering up and down outside asking where the university is.

When it was first mentioned in the episode and then several times before they actually got there, I thought it was being set up as a gag. I thought the lads were going to turn up in Warwick while Tara waited in Coventry 10 miles away!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any queries I ever have about an episode are put to bed as soon as Jay opens his mouth. From his first lines in last night's episode about the boy 'arse-raped' after getting stuck in the bottle bank, to "You need a plan - a bloke I know went in too fast in his first time and broke his knob in half", I'm just in stitches with everything he says.

And I am SO playing that drinking game! Fantastic episode as always - only 2 left! No!!!
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any queries I ever have about an episode are put to bed as soon as Jay opens his mouth. From his first lines in last night's episode about the boy 'arse-raped' after getting stuck in the bottle bank, to "You need a plan - a bloke I know went in too fast in his first time and broke his knob in half", I'm just in stitches with everything he says.

And I am SO playing that drinking game! Fantastic episode as always - only 2 left! No!!!

This. Jay is just such a great character and I don't know about you but someone MUST know or have heard some of the stuff Jay comes out with. I have!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    This. Jay is just such a great character and I don't know about you but someone MUST know or have heard some of the stuff Jay comes out with. I have!

Jay is the best character on the show. They're all appealing and funny in their own ways, but Jay is the most prominent IMO. His lies have been shown to be a desperate effort to conceal his vulnerability and uncertainties, which the actor conveys with wonderful facial expressions. He's always being subtly (and unsubtly) undermined by his father. His ending to season 2 was a pivotal moment for the character.

As this is probably the final series I'd love to see Jay actually get some 'clunge' in the last episode. Or would that spoil it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who preferred Series 1 and 2 :o

This series hasn't won me over yet. I'm hoping it will next week as it looks good :)
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it during lunch and nearly choked as I was laughing so much.

Uni version wouldnt work as everyone goes to different places & would Neil get in anywhere?

Maybe they could do a holiday special during univ holidays?
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »

Uni version wouldnt work as everyone goes to different places & would Neil get in anywhere?

Never let real life authenticity concerns get in the way of a good comedy - dont uni's take on a quota of special needs pupils?? I dont know, im sure they'll figure out something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Never let real life authenticity concerns get in the way of a good comedy - dont uni's take on a quota of special needs pupils?? I dont know, im sure they'll figure out something.

He wouldn't even really need to be at the uni though would he? He could just be living with them or something.

Maybe the rumoured one off special that's supposed to take place after the movie will focus on Freshers week. I can just see Jay's reaction to the abundance of "fresher clunge", lol.

Considering it's such a ratings winner for E4, i can't see them letting it die now, not when it's just become "massive" for them. I don't want them to run it into the ground, but i don't think it's near that stage yet anyway.
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show has lost it's spark this series.
    Still hilarious, but no where near as funny as it was in its first series.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And the final hungover 'beepbebeepbeepbeep' from Jay was brilliant.

Yes, that was good and easy to miss!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    dids858 wrote: »

Doesn't every student get straight As these days?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Too true :( He's a fantastic character, they need to use him more. Although this series has been set a lot more outside of school hasn't it, so I guess there's no way of writing him in.

Thought this weeks was great, possibly the best of this series so far.
  • Options
    fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to see Mister Gilbert (Greg Davies) tonight!!

So tempted to shout "Waterside"!!!
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I watched with the parents tonight and my uncle. They were cracking up. So funny... uncle was loving it. My mum thought it worse than american pie and my dad was in knots. Just so funny. My mum thought it was a heap of crap, as most mothers do, til I pointed out that you can watch skins which is really over the top and rough and watch the inbetweeners and laugh and realise that its a lot truer to life and does not go out to shock

I'm a mum and I watched with my teenage boys( the eldest has just started 6th form college)...
    CJClarke wrote: »
    "I'm going to....f*ck your f*cking fanny off, you tw*t!"

Lol!

Brilliant episode, i can't belive we've only got two more proper episodes of this hilarious series left :(

This made me nearly fall off the sofa laughing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Joe Thomas really is a crap actor though. :)

Finally! Someone else who see's it as well. It makes his character very unlikable.