James Arthur and Dan Wootton Twitter Argument

Comments

• Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I'd rather agree with Wooton who is telling the truth than the awful James Arthur who is so up himself when honestly there's much better out there than his constipated vocals
    you agree with wootton are you mad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Wootton clearly started this argument. It was a nasty and unprofessional comment to send to James Arthur. So much for objectivity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Also, "my self penned album": HAHAHAHAHA

Didn't he write it then, he's been saying he wrote the single on twitter this week. Is he lying about that?

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 20 Oct
    http://smarturl.it/YNTSiT to have my second song enter at 1 would be and to have written it! It would be testament to all of your support #LOVE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he write it then, he's been saying he wrote the single on twitter this week. Is he lying about that?

http://smarturl.it/YNTSiT to have my second song enter at 1 would be and to have written it! It would be testament to all of your support #LOVE
    Yes he did write on it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA omg i'm laughing so much at this.

i really don't like dan wootton at all....but go for the throat dan! whip him! whip him good. whip him right back into his place under that dark slimely rock he emerged from last year.

i love how he went straight in to the heart of it of how pathetic james really is - and with multiple examples no less!!:D:D does this idiot really think he can square off against the press and still come out on top?...every muppit knows it's the press who decides who's in and who's out. when they're in your corner you're flying high. the minute they turn? pack your bags and move to singapore for a bit. (my brother informs me it's rather cheap living there)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he did write on it

Well the tweet makes it sound as if he wrote the whole thing!!:rolleyes:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Wooton being referred to as a journalist is about the most inaccurate thing about the whole story, he's not a journalist, he's a egotistical, fame-hungry cretin who thrives on petty scandal and winding celebrities up so he can write hugely unprofessional and catty articles about them.

James has a bit of an attitude I'll give you but he was simply responding to Dan's petty jibes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA omg i'm laughing so much at this.

i really don't like dan wooton at all....but go for the throat dan! whip him! whip him good. whip him right back into his place under that dark slimely rock he emerged from last year.

i love how he went straight in to the heart of it of how pathetic james really is - and with multiple examples no less!!:D:D does this idiot really think he can square off against the press and still come out on top?...every muppit knows it's the press who decides who's in and who's out. when they're in your corner you're flying high. the minute they turn? pack your bags and move to singapore for a bit. (my brother informs me it's rather cheap living there)
    What kind of comment is this? How is he pathetic? Someone on here said he keeps backtracking on his comments how?
    He said that he doesn't like Kingsland roads type of music and finds them cheesy and generally having an opinion like everyone does on X factor acts. Tonight he tweeted

Gary was right the show needed Kingsland Road tonight, still not my thing musically but fair play the energy was amazing #Love #xfactor
    How is this backtracking? He is giving a compliment not taking back what he said originally And Wootton talking about his 'rant' about 1D all he said is that they are a marketing tool , which they are, he said he respects them but all he is doing is stating fact and giving his opinion, is he not aloud that? The Cardle stuff was harsh, but I agree with his point the Cardle should not have slagged off XF like he did as it gave him a start.
    So I don't see how he is backtracking at all he still has kept the same opinions on things has he not. And again people on these forums are far too harsh and cruel, something he has pointed out too which is why i think many people are against him Oh and anyone who sides with Wootton..............really?
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Arthur_(album) there you go Plus I actually can't believe some of you are agreeing with the vile wootoon are you all mad?
    Well the tweet makes it sound as if he wrote the whole thing!!:rolleyes:
    I am not agreeing with wooten, just disagreeing with James getting involved in yet another twitter fight and saying stuff which can be disproved. Saying self penned album sounds like he wrote the thing single handedly. He didn't, every track has a co-write.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He 'cowrote' it with quite a few other writers. Can't remember how many but quite a lot.

Then there was his assertion that he had an album of songs ready to go when he won XF. I'm curious to know how many of those made his actual album. Don't think it was many.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of either, but from the look of that, didn't Dan start it with his "But you probably won't be" comment? He was looking for an argument.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of either, but from the look of that, didn't Dan start it with his "But you probably won't be" comment? He was looking for an argument.

FINALLY someone uses common sense
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY someone uses common sense

Dan was wrong to start it but James was wrong to continue it, two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Dan Wootton is such an egotistical idiot that I'd feel sympathetic to anyone he was arguing with on Twitter. But as it's James I can't bring myself to care too much. And they both come across terribly here.

LOL - I agree with you. Dan Wootton may be unpleasant, but he is the showbiz editor at The Sun and has a regular slot on Lorraine. He can ensure there is a lot of negative press for James - and for James to call Dan "a simpleton" is actually underlining that James himself is rather simple (as well as arrogant). I think James' team will go into melt down when they see this exchange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    you are losing respect after he stood up for himself against the awful bully that is Wootton after he spent the week tweeting about james trying to rile him up, are you serious?

No, I'm losing respect for him saying he doesn't backtrack. He doesn't have to like everyone but at least stick to his own words.

James on twitter: I don't like Kingsland Road
    James live on X F: I really like Kingsland Road
    James after XF: I still don't like Kingsland Road

James on twitter: One Direction don't sell real music, etc etc
    James after the Direct Tweet was leaked: I like one direction.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member

Yeah I do agree with Dan, that comment was very true, James won't be number 1 thankfully, Royals is a much better song.

Every point dan has made is correct, I personally don't like Dan, but it was the truth and good on him for saying it, James Arthur makes a tit out of himself yet again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member

Excuse me??....No we are not "mad".... I'm 100% on Dan's side. James is an arrogant hypocrite who can't take critics himself. He lashes out blindly if you sees anything bad written about him on the internet, but doesn't mind abusing others. The way he is bragging about his "Self penned" album, you'll think he had absolutely no help, but all i see are flipping co-writers on Wiki. No one is saying James is not talented. Anyone that says he isn't talented is a bloody liar, however he needs to learn a little humility to survive in this industry. So dude don't come here calling everyone "mad" just because we are not calling a spade a damn shovel!!!....Thank you!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm losing respect for him saying he doesn't backtrack. He doesn't have to like everyone but at least stick to his own words.

James on twitter: I don't like Kingsland Road
    James live on X F: I really like Kingsland Road
    James after XF: I still don't like Kingsland Road

James on twitter: One Direction don't sell real music, etc etc
    James after the Direct Tweet was leaked: I like one direction.
    read my comment on this backtracking crap above and see what you thin then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    LOL - I agree with you. Dan Wootton may be unpleasant, but he is the showbiz editor at The Sun and has a regular slot on Lorraine. He can ensure there is a lot of negative press for James - and for James to call Dan "a simpleton" is actually underlining that James himself is rather simple (as well as arrogant). I think James' team will go into melt down when they see this exchange.

How? why would you welcome someone like wootton having any kind of control? And if he does ensure negative press is that not sick is that not someone who is powermad or has too much power and in a way bullying and harassment? why would you welcome it ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate both of them so it's good to see them both make fools of themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me??....No we are not "mad".... I'm 100% on Dan's side. James is an arrogant hypocrite who can't take critics himself. He lashes out blindly if you sees anything bad written about him on the internet, but doesn't mind abusing others. The way he is bragging about his "Self penned" album, you'll think he had absolutely no help, but all i see are flipping co-writers on Wiki. No one is saying James is not talented. Anyone that says he isn't talented is a bloody liar, however he needs to learn a little humility to survive in this industry. So dude don't come here calling everyone "mad" just because we are not calling a spade a damn shovel!!!....Thank you!!!

How anyone can support a bully like wootton is beyond me. And if you saw his twitter you would see that he was tweeting about writing with others and tweeted people talking about them, he talked about Naughty boy and Sande has he not?Does he not write on all songs excluding impossible Some people on this forum have a vendetta against him due to his comments{which were 100% true} on this forum. And to me people who agree with wootton and give James no leeway at all are mad as it is plain to see wootton started the spat and wanted a reaction tweeting about him all week
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    read my comment on this backtracking crap above and see what you thin then

I think people just disagree with you...

What some people see as backtracking, I guess we could call it softening the blow... but the result is the same: an attempt at taming the beast he has just awoken with whatever comment he has made, instead of facing the beast head on.
    The fact that he is pretending otherwise doesn't look good either.

I think that he seems highly unlikeable, and he seems to think that giving his opinion on other people is normal & people should accept it, but he can't seem to take it well when people do the same about him...

He is destroying his own career...
    Matt made one or 2 unfortunate comments about X factor & people turned on him, so James should know so much better!

EDIT: My comment isn't about siding with Dan, it's about how James is handling everything in the worst way possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Yeah I do agree with Dan, that comment was very true, James won't be number 1 thankfully, Royals is a much better song.

Every point dan has made is correct, I personally don't like Dan, but it was the truth and good on him for saying it, James Arthur makes a tit out of himself yet again
    Well i think I know why you dislike him but I do not agree that every point wootton made is correct as I don't think his backing down or backtracking comments are true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Am i wrong in thinking Wootton started this with a needless bitchy little comment? Can't stand the man, he is repulsive.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    What kind of comment is this? How is he pathetic? Someone on here said he keeps backtracking on his comments how?
    He said that he doesn't like Kingsland roads type of music and finds them cheesy and generally having an opinion like everyone does on X factor acts. Tonight he tweeted

Gary was right the show needed Kingsland Road tonight, still not my thing musically but fair play the energy was amazing #Love #xfactor
    How is this backtracking? He is giving a compliment not taking back what he said originally And Wootton talking about his 'rant' about 1D all he said is that they are a marketing tool , which they are, he said he respects them but all he is doing is stating fact and giving his opinion, is he not aloud that? The Cardle stuff was harsh, but I agree with his point the Cardle should not have slagged off XF like he did as it gave him a start.
    So I don't see how he is backtracking at all he still has kept the same opinions on things has he not. And again people on these forums are far too harsh and cruel, something he has pointed out too which is why i think many people are against him Oh and anyone who sides with Wootton..............really?

1. Kingsland Road - he said they make him cringe - he then appears on the show and says he likes them - a few days later he criticises them again.

2.1D - he didn't just say they were a marketing tool. In a dm to someone on twitter he actually said:

"One Direction don't sell records, they are a marketing product. They sell T-shirts and dolls you moron."

Which was totally inaccurate, as they sell a lot of records, as well as merchandise.

Of course the next day, after the dm was made public, he backtracked and talked about them being a marketing tool. But the original dm (which he was dull enough to think would remain private) rather showed his total lack of respect for them.

3. Matt Cardle - as has been said many times, Matt has never slagged off the XF (just the yellow trousers) and that wasn't what started the feud. The feud began because James slagged off the albums of the previous winners, and Matt defended himself and his co-writers.

As far as these forum being harsh and cruel - what is your opinion of tweeting (and deleting) "Get bummed some more" - isn't that a rather disgusting thing to say.