Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I like the way that you have to guess your way through the map pack install.

I have the season pass, but the map pack still says £11 - you have to click on it anyway to be told "you already own this, do you want to install?".

I'm just relieved that the update didn't freeze the one... Though, randomly, after installing it took me into a campaign chapter intro rather than a menu screen.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sniper rifle with a target finder?! Oh joy....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would happily play a game mode where everyone can run around as Michael Myers :D
    Forum Member
    i don't know if its yet another example of Xbox One clunkyness or further proof of fake-IW's incompetence but I found getting yesterdays DLC a right pain in the backside.

After downloading the map pack and starting the game I went into create a class to give the Maverick a go, only for the game to tell me that this item was locked and would I like to download it. :confused:

Eventually I had to quit the game and then "launch" it from the My Apps section of the Live dashboard in order for the sodding thing to notice that I had a, downloaded the map pack and b, unlocked the Maverick. :cry:

I think they might have got the map "weighting" wrong too, I played half a dozen matches of Kill Confirmed last night and didn't see one single new map in the rotation. Gave up after that and had an awesome game of Extinction instead. Completed Nightfall on the first run through thanks to 3 brilliant randoms.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    ^^ Is it different this time then?

Previously you'd have dedicated lobbies for the new maps, they wouldn't go into general rotation for 2/3 weeks at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave up on the new maps last night because the hardcore playlist for them was just full of clans camping in corners and it just wasn't any fun.

The new extinction map though, is amazing. Really good fun but quite hard. Dragon you should jump on the 360 tonight with me and monk :) ...oh wait, the maps don't carry over to they.
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ No,it's the same. You have to go into Onslaught & they're there. Has a HC option too.

I must admit i played a couple of games & thought where the frick are the maps i just paid for. :blush:
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    ^^ Is it different this time then?

Previously you'd have dedicated lobbies for the new maps, they wouldn't go into general rotation for 2/3 weeks at least.

In recent years they have done both, made a dedicated new maps play list and added them into the general rotation. I suppose it would be just like fake-IW to not do that.
    Gave up on the new maps last night because the hardcore playlist for them was just full of clans camping in corners and it just wasn't any fun.

The new extinction map though, is amazing. Really good fun but quite hard. Dragon you should jump on the 360 tonight with me and monk :) ...oh wait, the maps don't carry over to they.

Sorry Rogue, I got the season pass on the One.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I am glad they bought the gun game playlist back, that keeps camping to a minimum.

I really don't like the target finder sniper rifle though. i was playing a game on prison break and the whole enemy team were using it. If you like running n gunning it just sucks the life out of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In recent years they have done both, made a dedicated new maps play list and added them into the general rotation. I suppose it would be just like fake-IW to not do that.

Yeah I guessed :( I'll miss you Dragon!

Me and Monk will stick with randoms on extinction, hopefully good ones, as opposed to the split screeners who didn't drop anything throughout the game and the guy who went AFK every 5 minutes.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member

Should still work on the 360, right? Just go to your download history on the 360 and re-download it.

Or does that only work if you 'upgraded'..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I am glad they bought the gun game playlist back, that keeps camping to a minimum.

I really don't like the target finder sniper rifle though. i was playing a game on prison break and the whole enemy team were using it. If you like running n gunning it just sucks the life out of the game.

Yeah and even with incognito equipped they can still see you as clear as day, like the thermal scope :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understand follow teammates who see you throw a gas can down and wait for the care package to drop only to try and run up to it and take it for themselves. :confused:

I bet they're also the same scumbags who use all the medkits in Left 4 Dead
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having gun game back is a big plus although getting the final kill with a regular stab takes away some of the excitement. on blops 2 you could win a game you were a few kills behind on because of having to throw the knife, have also squandered many a lead by not being able to hit that final kill.
    Forum Member
    Is it just me being grumpy or is this the weakest map pack ever?

Only 4 maps and one of them a re-skin of Scrapyard from MW2 (:o) with an added tunnel. I hadn't been reading up on Onslaught, so didn't know about the re-skin until I played Ignition and thought "this feels very familier" - muscle memory actually kicked in first and I found myself navigating the map and fighting the choke points / rat runs on automatic for a good couple of minutes before I realised what I was doing.

I guess the addition of Michael Myers in Fog is the big "selling point" but, really? Is that it?

I kept finding myself thinking "why am I playing this?" when I was on Ghosts last night - In the end I went back to Forza because I just wasn't enjoying playing Ghosts.
    Forum Member
    Yeah it took me a while to realise ignition was just scrapyard tarted up a bit. I was thinking that the building where everyone camps in looked familiar, then it twigged.

I'm disappointed that having downloaded the map pack for the one, they still want me to pay again for the 360 version. I wish I downloaded the 360 map pack instead now as that is where most people on mt friends list still play.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always got the map packs, but this time not bothering. Once Titanfall and Garden Warfare comes out i cant see myself going back to this game.
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Should still work on the 360, right? Just go to your download history on the 360 and re-download it.

Or does that only work if you 'upgraded'..?

Stuff for (or on) the One appears as "Content Unavailable" in the 360's download history.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    I see they released the wrong map names this morning. Expect to see Dome in the next map pack drop!

I thought strike zone was a reskinned version of dome?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought strike zone was a reskinned version of dome?
    It is.

But it is quite different. Dome rumour was around ages ago, and is because in a PC hot fix it mistakenly enabled the dev playlist.

The maps on the list were
    mp_descent
    mp_battery3
    mp_ca_red_river (I think this one is Containment)
    mp_ca_rumble
    mp_dome_ns (ns = Nevasoft)
    mp_boneyard_ns
    mp_corp
    mp_gaza2
    mp_swamp
    Forum Member
    I play mostly search and destroy but I thought I would play some Kill confirmed and tdm tonight. Dear me some of the spawns are terrible. At times I literally had the person I just killed respawn right in front of me.

I had my first rage message tonight as well. Some guy who spent half the game camping in one building on prison break took exception to me evicting him. When he went back I had some c4 ready for him in his hidey hole:D
    I guess not so many angry kids have xbox one's, as I used to get loads on the 360.
  • MattLFC15MattLFC15 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I like the way that you have to guess your way through the map pack install.

I have the season pass, but the map pack still says £11 - you have to click on it anyway to be told "you already own this, do you want to install?".

I'm just relieved that the update didn't freeze the one... Though, randomly, after installing it took me into a campaign chapter intro rather than a menu screen.

After I updated I'm still getting pushed straight into the campaign without the menu even appearing??? I've turned it off and back on to no avail, did you manage to sort yours out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm addicted to Extinction.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    I've always got the map packs, but this time not bothering. Once Titanfall and Garden Warfare comes out i cant see myself going back to this game.

in all honesty i kind of agree,i picked it up on PS3(then upgraded it to PS4 for the 9.99) and hardly played it,there was a time when a new COD Game meant hours of playing multiplayer of an evening or weekend,but it feels stale now

im definitely picking up Titanfall for 360 and ill wait for Garden Warfare to finish its timed exclusive deal on Xbox and get it for PS4
    Forum Member
    I'm addicted to Extinction.

I'm still enjoying extinction. Maybe try it with a relic or two on next time?

Multiplayer? Didn't even bother during the double XP weekend.

Matty - mine did go straight to the campaign a second time, but hasn't done it recently... not that I've been on it very much.