Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    "Go You Chicken Fat Go!"...hate that ad!
    Makes me feel sick every time they sing that! UUGGHH! >:(

Isnt the song based on some really old Broadway/show song or something like that, it sounds awfully familliar :)
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike the Scotty Brand advert, when the guy says 'urrrr berries' ??! 'our berries' I'm Scottish and it makes me cringe something awful.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    At least "Anything for yo, cup cake." seems to have been put out of its misery and put to death.

For now - I bet you it'll be back around September/October time.
  • Options
    Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla Black - droaning "we all lose someone we love" Yes dear - many of us do - but we don't use the experience to sell highly dubious over 50s life insurance.
    Be ashamed - really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    The Paddy power sh*tting ad.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I really dislike the Scotty Brand advert, when the guy says 'urrrr berries' ??! 'our berries' I'm Scottish and it makes me cringe something awful.

I'm scottish too and some of the scottish ads I do that exact same thing cringe :o

to poster who mentioned the Go Ahead "Backstreets Back" sample seen the ad tonight its horrific and who the hell thought of this :o, if I was one of the Backstreet Boys and seen this ad I'd sue! :D
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I wish to nominate the Go Ahead bars commercial that I've just seen - it's the one with (a very bad version of) the Backstreet Boys' "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)".

I'm still trying to figure out its point - I guess that, if you eat one of their bars, you'll start flying. :/

Yes, it confuses me too. Weird choice of song as well.
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is the I phone "Go chicken fat". It drives me barmy.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Talking of Maltesers ads - the one for the Malteaser bar, what happened to "Tom, he's new too."? Was the fact that he pinched a bit of the woman's Malteaser bar a deal-breaker and he was sent packing? She clearly wasn't happy about it but chucking him over it would be a bit of an over-reaction would it not.

Yeah, I'd noticed that Tom had gone too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wink at the end makes me want to punch someone! >:(

Be my guest...I posted the self same irritation pages back. That simpering expression needs wiping of her face..and I am really a peaceable soul.

All bingo ads really..I mean how low have you got , as a performer to stoop to advertising online bingo. The girl who used to be in Corry now spends her time squealing and turning into a giant bingo ball for Scum bingo.
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    One of my worst adverts right now is the one for the new "teasers bar." >:(
    (the girl shows it off to her mate through a laptop conversation, and the mate says
    "I'm SO jealous!") That makes me fume so much, I've seen it so many god damned times by now!
    I switch my t.v. off everytime it's on now! >:(

Also, what gets me is, how on earth can one stupid girl be so damned jealous of a bar of chocolate that she doesn't have!? I mean.... it's only chocolate for God's Sakes!
    There's absolutely NOTHING special about that as far as I see!
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I wish to nominate the Go Ahead bars commercial that I've just seen - it's the one with (a very bad version of) the Backstreet Boys' "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)".

I'm still trying to figure out its point - I guess that, if you eat one of their bars, you'll start flying. :/

DC1983 wrote: »
    Mine is the I phone "Go chicken fat". It drives me barmy.

Awww..... I personally quite like these 2 adverts. It's because they are very new to me, and I find myself singing along to them. I like both songs used in both adverts.

I've never heard the "chicken fat" song before and personally I find it rather fun and entertaining to listen to.

The "Backstreets Back" song I like too. I thought the "Backstreet Boys" were in a new ad on
    t.v. the first time I heard it. But no..... that's okay. I still like singing to the song anyway.:cool:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    So many awful, annoying ads at the moment - 'Horse With No Name' singing idiot in the car, the Wilkingson Sword 'down there', the whistling Nescafe, the poxy pink pooping pigeon - are just a few.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wink at the end makes me want to punch someone! >:(

Yeah stupid little immature childish girl. I wish she would disappear!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    So many awful, annoying ads at the moment - 'Horse With No Name' singing idiot in the car, the Wilkingson Sword 'down there', the whistling Nescafe, the poxy pink pooping pigeon - are just a few.

Since that is an absolutely bona fide classic song, I'm very happy with ad.
    There were plants, and birds, and rocks, and things
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

The trouble is, you start thinking "great - the real song instead of a twee breathy Ellie Goulding-esque cover" and then the idiot in the car ruins it by singing along completely out of tune. I agree with you though , it is a classic :)
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any obviously badly dubbed ad not made in English...

There's one for an electric toothbrush...

But the Calgon one presently on.. We guess originally German. It's lazy, it's sloppy...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

Song's a classic, but the advert isn't.
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Winstone and his witterings. "And there's loaoawwds of in-play... Oh yes there is!" So sick of hearing it.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Oral B ad with the dentist and Melissa Porter

Melissa "so your a dentist...."

erm - she is hardly likely to be an elephant trainer in an advert about teeth ;-)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the chicken fat advert!

Agree with those saying about Denise van Outen in that yoghurt ad. What was she thinking? That smug smirk at the end, too. Urgh.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That stupid Toyota Auris ad with the idiot badly singing. MUTE! >:(
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Yummy yummy yummy ye old oak in my tummy "

BURN YOU ORRIBLE OLD OAK TREE, BUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN !!!!

gahhh
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piazza wrote: »
    Ray Winstone and his witterings. "And there's loaoawwds of in-play... Oh yes there is!" So sick of hearing it.

''Oi, aaaayyyyndsome...check this ahhht''
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise Van Outen creeps the hell out of me flogging that yoghurt. Awful, false woman.

Gaviscon - Twins John and James..'sometimes its the other way round or sometimes both' 'Two times' ...grrr, the word is TWICE.

Microsoft - Honestly? I want you to shove your crap phones, bad actors and screechy song up yer ar*e
This discussion has been closed.