Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First post, juicylemons :D Still great.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    I have to say that this programme is supposed to be a family show accessible to the little 'uns but under Steven Moffat it seems to have gradually morphed into a gritty US sci-fi series.

Finally arrived there with Capaldi as The Doctor.

Clearly you've missed the frivolous, 'wacky' dross that Moffat has served up for the last two years then.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    I have to say that this programme is supposed to be a family show accessible to the little 'uns but under Steven Moffat it seems to have gradually morphed into a gritty US sci-fi series.

Finally arrived there with Capaldi as The Doctor.

LOL. It could survive getting a lot 'grittier', I for one would like to see it so sometimes - not every episode; variety is best for doctor Who but a couple of episodes a season that are more morbid or frightening or bleaker in tone would be good to see.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Great interview.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to picture what that would look like! I guess lapel clutching is essential, plus lots of eye darting and exclamations of "hmmm." Whatever, I want to see it so get it on youtube post haste, CHJ. :D

You've got the basic idea. :D Just do all that and shuffle your feet a bit.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've got the basic idea. :D Just do all that and shuffle your feet a bit.

Tried it. Rocked it. Much less energetic than the Drunken Giraffe, so ideal for me. I'll pop into the Inn next 23rd, have a few sherbets and show off my attempt if you show off yours. :)
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried it. Rocked it. Much less energetic than the Drunken Giraffe, so ideal for me. I'll pop into the Inn next 23rd, have a few sherbets and show off my attempt if you show off yours. :)

After 4 or 5 sherbets I'll Hartnell with no trousers. :p
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly you've missed the frivolous, 'wacky' dross that Moffat has served up for the last two years then.

Yeah. Why can't we return to the days of robot dogs as the companion? The show had real gravitas back then.

or what about when we had stuff like this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uD__LyLpymY

HBO were running scared I hear,
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this. On one side we have Tassium claiming it's getting too gritty as a negative. Then on the other we have Kapellmeister claiming it's gotten too wacky and frivolous, as a negative.

This fandom doesn't even know what's wrong with the show anymore. :D
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this. On one side we have Tassium claiming it's getting too gritty as a negative. Then on the other we have Kapellmeister claiming it's gotten too wacky and frivolous, as a negative.

Well theres one thing I think they all agree on.

Blame Moffat.

For everything. Its his fault its like a cartoon program. Its his fault its turned into an adults only cable TV style drama. Its amazing how he does it really.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This concept where people give their views is known as "opinion". Nothing to get upset about.
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link. Read the interview last night and feel geniunely excited. I think Capaldi being a fan of the classic series really bodes well. I love no flirting, having a different tone. I'm hoping for a combination of more action type series ( Pertwee) and gothic tone ( early Tom Baker). I will be very happy.

As Silent Fez points out he is a man who knows what he wants and if he can reign in a little of Moffat's excesses it should be fantastic.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link. Read the interview last night and feel geniunely excited. I think Capaldi being a fan of the classic series really bodes well. I love no flirting, having a different tone. I'm hoping for a combination of more action type series ( Pertwee) and gothic tone ( early Tom Baker). I will be very happy. As Silent Fez points out he is a man who knows what he wants and if he can reign in a little of Moffat's excesses it should be fantastic.

I think a mix of a new Doctor (Capaldi) and also Brian Minchin as the new Executive Producer bodes well. Hopefully between the two of them they'll be able to get the show back on track.
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I think a mix of a new Doctor (Capaldi) and also Brian Minchin as the new Executive Producer bodes well. Hopefully between the two of them they'll be able to get the show back on track.

Only 26 days to find out :)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member

Exciting!!:)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...9 days for some :blush:

-16 for others >:(

(Doctor Who next week! Oh my!)