Options

Sanctuary Renewed For 4th Season

rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/01/syfy-renews-sanctuary-for-fourth-season/

thats great news,i'm really starting to enjoy this series,always fun to watch & something wierd going on.

the syfy channel have done something right for a change

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!:D
  • Options
    OldHippy53OldHippy53 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Has Series 3 finished on Watch?

Glad it's been renewed, I really enjoy this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldHippy53 wrote: »
    Has Series 3 finished on Watch?

I'm not entirely certain. What people seem to be saying is that it has 20 episodes this season, but that it won't air the second set until April in the US. Watch was airing the week after, so if that's true then we won't see it back until then.

If anyone knows differently?:confused::)
  • Options
    OldHippy53OldHippy53 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I thought I hadn't watched a full season:D
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth watching, Big stargate (amanda tapping) fan but the odd 10 minutes I have caught it never pulled me in, I know 10 minutes is not much but I normally know after a few minutes if I am going to like it.

Of course I know its all done blue/green screen so that put me off as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth watching, Big stargate (amanda tapping) fan but the odd 10 minutes I have caught it never pulled me in, I know 10 minutes is not much but I normally know after a few minutes if I am going to like it.

Of course I know its all done blue/green screen so that put me off as well.

Its a bit cheesy in places but comes across as serious, its not comedy style. AT is one of my favs and she does a great job in the show.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn`t bother watching it on watch. waiting for syfy to show season 3 so i get to see it in HD. Don`t know when it will though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Didn`t bother watching it on watch. waiting for syfy to show season 3 so i get to see it in HD. Don`t know when it will though.

You may be waiting a very long time.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a bit cheesy in places but comes across as serious, its not comedy style. AT is one of my favs and she does a great job in the show.

She does do a darned good job, and always manages to look utterly gorgeous ....

Its overall style is serious, but there's some lighter hearted moments here and there, its definitely a good/strong/well written/well performed series.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may be waiting a very long time.

Can you elaborate as I also deliberately missed it due to the poor PQ on Watch and was waiting for HD on SyFy.

Are you suggesting that it is not coming to SyFy any time soon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you elaborate as I also deliberately missed it due to the poor PQ on Watch and was waiting for HD on SyFy.

Assuming that it is going to SyFy after its been on Watch, then its going to be a long wait as its not resuming in the US after its break until April.

So at a guess it'd not be on SyFy until about July if they show it as soon as it finishes on Watch.

http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I havn't head nothing official but its not hard to do the math, watch has another 10 episodes to show and doubt we will get them until may/June then there may be a long wait until syfy are allowed to show series 3, it could well not be until next winter before we see it in HD.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,187
    Forum Member
    Next week's Radio Times is listing Sanctuary on Watch, Tuesday 15th February, 9.00 pm, Series 3, episode 1 of 20.

I wonder why they're repeating the first few episodes, which they've already shown and not starting up again from where they left off?
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week's Radio Times is listing Sanctuary on Watch, Tuesday 15th February, 9.00 pm, Series 3, episode 1 of 20.

I wonder why they're repeating the first few episodes, which they've already shown and not starting up again from where they left off?

By the time they repeat the first batch season 3.5 will be ready to air probably mid april.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    By the time they repeat the first batch season 3.5 will be ready to air probably mid april.

Very true, if this is the case, someone needs to yell near the air time of the new episode or half of us will miss it:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very true, if this is the case, someone needs to yell near the air time of the new episode or half of us will miss it:o:D

I'll try and remember - I've still got the last two episodes they showed on my planner, haven't got round to watching them yet, so I'll know when we get to that point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try and remember - I've still got the last two episodes they showed on my planner, haven't got round to watching them yet, so I'll know when we get to that point.

Thank you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you:D

You're welcome ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure what has happened to Sanctuary - they started to re-run the third series from the beginning in February (see previous posts) but it hasn't been on now for a couple of weeks - anyone know what's going on?
  • Options
    Caveman643Caveman643 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I noticed that it had disappeared from my Sky+ planner. I checked on Digi-guide and it's not due back on again soon. I'm having to use other means to get my Sanctuary fix.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    S3b starts in the US on 15th April, for those with the inclination/facility to keep up with US pace.

Not sure about the Watch re-runs of 3a or whether they would, in any event, run 3b straight afterward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havn't head nothing official but its not hard to do the math, watch has another 10 episodes to show and doubt we will get them until may/June then there may be a long wait until syfy are allowed to show series 3, it could well not be until next winter before we see it in HD.

I thought that the show was now exclusive to Watch in the UK?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/news/a281907/watch-picks-up-sanctuary-in-the-uk.html
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minion wrote: »
    I thought that the show was now exclusive to Watch in the UK?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/news/a281907/watch-picks-up-sanctuary-in-the-uk.html

Watch has the "first run" rights
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So can you just confirm that DS are wrong in that article linked above as it clearly says 'exclusive' which is not the same as first run.

I would want to be sure someone like Syfy is going to air it in HD some time.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So can you just confirm that DS are wrong in that article linked above as it clearly says 'exclusive' which is not the same as first run.

I would want to be sure someone like Syfy is going to air it in HD some time.

I thought Watch just has the first run rights but I could be wrong

I just assumed that Syfy would have the repeat rights