CROSSROADS - Network hint at DVD return!

SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Network DVD have hinted that the Crossroads DVD releases may return in the future.

The most recent Crossroads release from Network DVD was Volume 21 which included 1979 episodes and the complete volumes 1-21 boxset which featured every surviving episode from 1965-1979.

If what Network DVD are hinting at is going to happen then that means the 1979-1985 era will be released

with the 1985-1987 and 1987-1988 Kings Oak era being released also.

I'm not sure if the 2001-2002 and 2003 series will be included.

Comments

• Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    Network DVD have hinted that the Crossroads DVD releases may return in the future.

Source?
    The most recent Crossroads release from Network DVD was Volume 21 which included 1979 episodes and the complete volumes 1-21 boxset which featured every surviving episode from 1965-1979

Actually they only reached volume 20, which was only May '79. Also, at least one (I think maybe two, don't quote me on it!) surviving episode was not released on DVD.

I've just started volume 9. I loved the farcical storyline with Mr Warner-Bligh! :D

I'd welcome more archive volume's (though I'd probably only mainly buy volumes that cover christmas), but I'd really be more interested in another "Best Of" collection or two. I can't believe they included nothing from 1982 or 1984-1988!
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    Source?

Actually they only reached volume 20, which was only May '79. Also, at least one (I think maybe two, don't quote me on it!) surviving episode was not released on DVD.

Yes sorry my mistake - They reached Volume 20 but they included the 1.1 volume which I took as Volume 21.

Anyway - The SOURCE comes from there facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/NetworkDVD?ref=ts

its one of the most recent questions answered

"Their's no concrete plans just yet, but where looking into the best way for it to happen"

So they obviously haven't given up.

I personally would like to see some of the Kings Oak 'glam' era from 1985-1988.
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Their's no concrete plans just yet, but where looking into the best way for it to happen"

So they obviously haven't given up.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about a "DVD return"

It seems more likely to me that they're considering offering them as downloads.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit optimistic about a "DVD return"

It seems more likely to me that they're considering offering them as downloads.

Even if they do just offer them as downloads, then thats better than nothing.

I really want to see the end of 1984 right up to the end of the series in 1988, with the possiblility of them releasing the 2001/02 and 2003 series.

However not sure if the revamps (2001 and 2003) would be included.

I'm just going by what Network said a few years ago "We intend to release every surviving episode"
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I long for Network to release further volumes to help me complete my collection.

Whenever I email them they say not at the moment but keep watching our website, what teases they are.

It's also sad that every Crossroads DVD they released is now deleted. It can't be that expensive to reissue the previously released volumes can it???

My dream is to own every existing episode of Crossroads including the Carlton episodes which I enjoyed immensely.