Options

Botox or not

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would you have botox? Ive been told to get it in my forehead (im 28). I dont want to look plastic and end up like dale winton, but what age is a good age to get it done, younger in life or later in life?

Comments

• Options
    WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Don't be absurd.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was texting a friend the other day and she has it done i was a bit shocked, she said the product thats being used can be reveresed anyway said she had been fine for 2 weeks. By all accounts it costs a bit too, cant see the point myself doesnt make you look younger either way. Were all gonna get old.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At what age is it best to have it done? Depends on what age you think it best to inject yourself with the carciogenic remains of rats.
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    No I wouldn't. I like having facial expressions.

Also at 28 are you really that vain?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Women who get forehead botox end up looking angry or expressionless. Men who get forehead Botox just look idiotic and waxy.

Besides, you're 28! Give it a decade or two. People have creases in their faces at every age. It's normal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    And no matter what you think, it never looks natural. You can always tell. People just look...odd somehow.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO.
    Get a decent serum and use it everyday twice a day along with a good cream.
    I would wait a good 10 years before getting any treatment , science is moving so fast there is bound to be some superior , longer lasting alternative to botox.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, even when I'm 80.

People who have had Botox don't look younger, they look like someone who has had Botox.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would probably get it myself in the future, only a small amount to keep ageing at bay.

If YOU want it, get it. But you don't actually need it. Never get it because someone else told you to.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I would probably get it myself in the future, only a small amount to keep ageing at bay.

If YOU want it, get it. But you don't actually need it. Never get it because someone else told you to.

I agree with heavy, don't get it because someone told you that you need it, crikey look at Matt Smith he has had a wrinklesome forehead since he started Dr who he has not suffered, lines add character imo and you wouldn't want to look wooden at your age, scratch that any age. In an ideal world we should just age gracefully. I'm starting the family jowls now that look the same whether the family member is thin or fat, cost and fear of surgery will allow. me to live with it!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think that firstly there's nothing wrong with aging, it's perfectly natural and we all do it (plus I prefer a face that looks lived in, it reflects an interesting life) and secondly, if you want to prevent aging you'll have infinitely better results from avoiding sun, wearing sunscreen and moisturising regularly, than you will from botox.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would anyone want to have themselves injected with poison?
    It won't make you look any younger, just weirdly expressionless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.:sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it a couple of years ago there was an offer on groupon. It was cheap and they only put a bit in. (I think that's why it was cheap). It wears off quite quick (4/5 months?) You cant tell now that id ever had it done. Id have a bit in the future but only a bit. Its so easy though, you cant feel them doing it.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, even when I'm 80.

People who have had Botox don't look younger, they look like someone who has had Botox.
    Spot on. It's just the same with facial surgery - it's just so bloody obvious. American actresses over a certain age are starting to look as if they've all come off the same production line and have all been recently punched in the mouth. Ann Robinson has taken a different approach; she simply looks weird and scary.

There was that actress on Graham Norton last week; did she really believe that it wasn't obvious, or is facial disfigurement through surgery considered a badge of honour over there?

The only person I can think of who's managed to come out of it reasonably well is Deborah Harry. Carol Vorderman doesn't look too bad in my opinion, but I'm sure others will disagree.

So the message is - don't do it or it will suddenly escalate and you'll end up in a freak show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if you have it so young you will be sorry. I know someone who is REALLY into all things beauty, and they insist a muscle has to be able to move to keep it toned. That makes perfect sense to me, and everyone I know who have had it young look far older than their real age.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the most true things I've read on DS in a while!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you should have Botox if you want OP. It's safe and if you don't like it the effects are only temporary anyway.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and when it wears off you'll be imagining all kinds of lines and signs of ageing that were never there in the first place. Just ignore all the media crap and be yourself. Anybody who tries to persuade you otherwise isn't worth knowing.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd get it done. Contrary to popular opinion, if you don't do literally everywhere then it's not obvious at all, and in any case it wears off after a few months if you don't like what it does.

You'll go a bit shiny though, so you'll need to find a matte moisturiser to reduce it.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am vain so I would have it done. Everyone in America has it done including my friend who does not look waxy or strange just unwrinkled. Just ensure you get it done properly and not at the hairdressers or one of these bizarre Botox parties
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how it's supposed to make you look younger.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it bizarre that a 28 year-old male would be so anxious about wrinkles (which are no doubt pretty much invisible to others) that he'd consider botox. It seems like shallow vanity to me. OP, what idiot told you you needed botox — or is it something you've just told yourself?
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    I don't understand how it's supposed to make you look younger.

I dont think it makes you look younger - just fresher and unwrinkled - look at people on the telly that are over a certain age and still look fantastic, they will have had work - and why not, if you can afford it, have it done properly and it boots your confidence - why ever not? And those that drone on about shallow, vain etc are probably only still young.