Comedy moments where you laughed so much it physically hurt.

hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whitch comedy moments did you laugh at so much when you very first saw it.

OFAH the chandelier smashing, I just never expected it at all:D
when Dell and Rodney ran into the fancy dress party whitch was now a wake (na na, na na, na na, na na batman:D)

OFITG where victor's friend comes round with his 2 kids only it turns out they weren't, they where the 2 brats that where playing pranks on him.
also when his brother gets up from the table and the whole cloth and everything comes flying off cos its tucked into his shirt:D

TVOD where Geraldine and David are splashing in puddles and Geraldine jumps in one so deep it goes up to her chest:D

Comments

• petal77petal77 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Whitch comedy moments did you laugh at so much when you very first saw it.

OFAH the chandelier smashing, I just never expected it at all:D
    when Dell and Rodney ran into the fancy dress party whitch was now a wake (na na, na na, na na, na na batman:D)

OFITG where victor's friend comes round with his 2 kids only it turns out they weren't, they where the 2 brats that where playing pranks on him.
    also when his brother gets up from the table and the whole cloth and everything comes flying off cos its tucked into his shirt:D
    TVOD where Geraldine and David are splashing in puddles
    Geraldine jumps in one so deep it goes up to her
    chest:D

Del boy falling through the Bar next to Trigger does it for me every time :)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Golden Girls' "Mr Pfeiffer" scene still gets me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfsN3UXv-0
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say it's ever happened to me.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batman and Robin appearing out of the darkness in OFAH still gets me.

Not a comedy moment in the same way but the guy slipping on the ice on RTE news is pretty funny too.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Most of the above ^^ PLUS the frozen cat in 'One Foot' and the toasted tortoise! - sick I know, but so hilarious! (it's only pretend!) :)

That episode of 'Not Going Out' with the lost little old lady on firework night was a corker too!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Del, Rodney and Uncle Albert trying to get out of the room when the dolls inflated.

Loads of things in One Foot in the Grave. :D
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    I've two favourite ones
    My first is the sketch with Spike Milligan and John Bluthal miming to the Jack Hodge's Raspberry song Everything Is Fresh Today with Spike done up as Brunhilda Viking style and a band playing kitchen implement's
    At the end Spike obviously corpsing as John Bluthals wig flys off
    The other Stanley Baxter in the classic Parliamo Glasgow sketch a skit on the numerous BBC teach yourself a foreign language shows seen most weekends in the 60's and 70's
    Is tha a marra in the barra Clara
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode of 'Not Going Out' with the lost little old lady on firework night was a corker too!

Agree with this, I don't like "Not Going Out" but I was laughing like mad during that episode.

That episode of Miranda where she finally blurted out to Gary that she loved him. Just for the random guy in their "Take That tribute band".
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark on the toilet in Peep Show.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Every new years we now watch Kung Pow and after a night full of booze we're usually on the floor laughing at several scenes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychoville: Maureen does Tina Turner. Totally unexpected! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-7A5DiquI
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Friday Night Dinner" is often hilarious.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping Mum when mum (Stephanie Cole) puts a plastic electric kettle on an oven hob to boil up some water.
  • jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Puerile perhaps but Father Ted, the episode 'Hell' where Ted and Dougal are accused of being peeping toms. They are on the run from the husband and flag down Tom who has a new job driving the sewage lorry and was given on camera training at the start of the episode in how to empty its contents.

As the dim Tom prepares to open the cab to let Dougal and Ted in, he momentarily pauses to remember which button is the door and which button empties his tank of slurry. He chooses unwisely. The look on Ted and Dougal's face as the hear the rumble of doom heading towards them I can watch time after time. :D
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OFAH - the blow up dolls all starting to inflate

The IT Crowd - the one where Mos tells the guy Jen is dead and he keeps seeing her. At the end where she is outside the window in the rain I had trouble breathing I was laughing so hard.

The IT Crowd - Gay: The musical - just about the entire eposide.

Father Ted - Mrs Doyle trying to guess the name (Father Spodo Commodo etc)

Father Ted , Speed 2 - every time the milkman arrived with that super cheesy sixties music, Mrs Doyle coming over all teenage and giggly and wearing progressively more bizarre and OTT make-up.

Father Ted - the Owen Love episode with the zombie middle aged fan girls.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any scene with the late, great Madeleine Khan in the film 'What's Up Doc?'

• jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »

Love the scene where the hotel manager visits Howard after the fire. But the whole thing from start to end is magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote: »

Her 'Flames' speech in Clue was also great!
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Airplane.

"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    The whole scene of Raquel giving birth in OFAH. Especially when Rodney asks if there are any numbers on the babys head.:D

Fawlty towers - Basil beating the crap out of the mini:D

Rab C Nesbitt where he wanted to wifeswap with Jamsie on their holiday in Spain.

Any scene from Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie with Lindy in it!

Agree on the blow up dolls but my favourite scene was when they blew up and Dell says totally deadpan to the tramps watching " I told her not to have the mutton vindaloo:D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ministry of Silly Walks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frillynix wrote: »
    The whole scene of Raquel giving birth in OFAH. Especially when Rodney asks if there are any numbers on the babys head.:D

Fawlty towers - Basil beating the crap out of the mini:D

Rab C Nesbitt where he wanted to wiveswap with Jamsie on their holiday in Spain.

Any scene from Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie with Lindy in it!

Agree on the blow up dolls but my favourie was when they blew up and Dell says totally deadpan to the tramps watching " I told her not to have the mutton vindaloo:D

The scene with Linda looking after the doll has to be the most hilarious. "Don't explode - Linda loves ya!" *smashes doll with her first* "Bitch!"

Then of course later when Jez and Suze turn up to reclaim the doll, and Linda hisses at them, "that **** of a daughter's more trouble than she's worth!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jwire1977 wrote: »
    Love the scene where the hotel manager visits Howard after the fire. But the whole thing from start to end is magic.

it popped into my head when I saw this thread and I now know what I want for Christmas.. madeleine khan films
    what's up doc, clue, blazing saddles, young Frankenstein

probably the greatest comedienne of all time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74FWtmSdYDs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Her 'Flames' speech in Clue was also great!

thanks for the reminder.. it's gone on my wish list..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "It's Enrico Pallazzo!" bit in Naked Gun.