Options

HERCULES - Official Trailer (2014) - Dwayne Johnson

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
Finally the much awaited trailer of Hercules starring The Rock is released yesterday. So did you like it. Please share your comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0KAHhKECg

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    yeh , looks like it will be pretty good .
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks hilarious. It is a comedy isn`t it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Looks hilarious. It is a comedy isn`t it?

I don't think so it is a comedy :o
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed Hercules.Its a bit predictable and its cheesy however its great fun.Its the perfect film for a Sunday when you don't want to think much!

Ignore the trailers though as they don't portray the film very well!

3.5/5
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be going to see this tomorrow.

I wonder how well it's doing, because judging by the lack of comment about it on here, maybe not too well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think its do pretty badly in the UK and US which is a pity because the film isn't that bad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I think its do pretty badly in the UK and US which is a pity because the film isn't that bad!

That's a shame.

Maybe the audience is just 'Hercules'd' out at the moment, as it's only a few months since the last big blockbusting Hercules film.

It's very odd that 2 films about the same thing should be released so close to each other.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    It looks absolutely dreadful.

Is it some sort of piss-take of 1980s formulaic films? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trailer is pretty bad but the film is better than the trailer!
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Financially, it's doing better than expected - $29m on its opening weekend in the US, it was only expected to make around $25m.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer for this is very deceptive; focuses on Hercules battling lots of CGI beasts. In the film...
    These are all part of a montage near the start and it is later suggested that they either didn't occur or were greatly exaggerated (humans pretending to be monsters etc). Basically that's the theme of the movie, it keeps teasing mythical but never delivers - whether that's a good or a bad thing is up for debate.

The film isn't terrible, but it's certainly not something I would recommend parting with your cash to see. I didn't go into it expecting a masterpiece, but I figured this film would at least be memorable (probably for the wrong reasons). I was wrong - it's a pretty bland affair to be honest.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Vol wrote: »
    The trailer for this is very deceptive; focuses on Hercules battling lots of CGI beasts. In the film...
    These are all part of a montage near the start and it is later suggested that they either didn't occur or were greatly exaggerated (humans pretending to be monsters etc). Basically that's the theme of the movie, it keeps teasing mythical but never delivers - whether that's a good or a bad thing is up for debate.

The film isn't terrible, but it's certainly not something I would recommend parting with your cash to see. I didn't go into it expecting a masterpiece, but I figured this film would at least be memorable (probably for the wrong reasons). I was wrong - it's a pretty bland affair to be honest.

What's all this bollocks about fighting gigantic lions and boars? Where's the cleansing of the Augean stables, eh? Dwayne Johnson heroically battling mountains of CGI horse shit by diverting a river. I'd pay to see that. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much what I expected.

Not a bad film, but nothing special either.

Good action & quite humorous.

Worth a watch if you like action, or if you're a Dwayne Johnson fan.