Options

Is there a cafe at the Serpentine art gallery London?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i want to meet someone just for a coffee, Sat afternoon, so is there a cafe at the London Serpentine Art Gallery, we don't want a full meal.

Comments

• Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is the lido bar and cafe just across the road from the gallery
    http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/hyde-park/facilities-in-hyde-park/lido-bar-and-cafe
    Lots of tables outside ......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a nice cafe by the water front. I don't think it's cheap in there though :p
  • Options
    chuzhuchichechuzhuchiche Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I don't think there is a cafe in the gallery itself, it's a pretty small place (Wikipedia suggests it was originally a tea pavilion...). However others have given you lots of suggestions.

Almost directly across the road there is a little hut (right by the bridge) where you can get coffee and snacks and can sit outside if it is nice). There is the lido cafe a bit further away but not much (a couple of hundred yards further on than the "hut"). You can also stroll right to the far end of the Serpentine to the cafe restaurant there (10-15 minutes walk).
    The Magazine (Sackler Gallery) across the bridge has a restaurant and there is also another refreshment "hut" slightly bigger than the previous one mentioned on that side of the Serpentine too, just a short walk down from the Magazine. Lots of choice...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all, I been told that there is a wonderful temp artwork structure at the moment at the Pavillion Gallery that has a cafe inside, so perfect.