Options

HDR-1000S - on demand issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Same on mine and software is the same. Short HD clip of menus in action uploading to Vimeo will post link when rendered.

Thats brilliant, thank you so much.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jono95 wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, thank you so much.

The Vimeo one will be 720p. For anyone with this box (or a Foxsat-hdr and AV2HDR) the full resolution (1920 x 1080) file is here.

https://www.adrive.com/public/5mcnrv/00136.MTS

You should be able to stream it from a PC to the HDR-1000s running dnla server software like Twonky Media or play it back from a usb device on the HDR-1000s
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vimeo one will be 720p. For anyone with this box (or a Foxsat-hdr and AV2HDR) the full resolution (1920 x 1080) file is here.

https://www.adrive.com/public/5mcnrv/00136.MTS

You should be able to stream it from a PC to the HDR-1000s running dnla server software like Twonky Media or play it back from a usb device on the HDR-1000s

Exactly like mine Graham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Exactly like mine Graham.

Have you played it on your box Repassac
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that video looks smoother to mine its almost like there is a delay on the network grabbing the data but I know my connection is nice and responsive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vimeo version

https://vimeo.com/51853619

Click on the HD icon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reading this review maybe mine isn't faulty:

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/review-humax-hdr-1000s-freesat-hd-free-time-receiver/

I think the on demand definitely has an issue, it should buffer before playing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this review maybe mine isn't faulty:

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/review-humax-hdr-1000s-freesat-hd-free-time-receiver/

I think the on demand definitely has an issue, it should buffer before playing.

No problem with mine Ian acknowledged his broadband connection isn't the best. Takes maybe 15-20 seconds to pick up a HD stream, thereafter playback is flawless. I will try and video it tommorow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello

I popped into my local Currys in Warrington yesterday and picked up a lovely new Freesat - Freetime box.

On the whole I'm really impressed, but not with the on demand. My internet connection speed is around 20-30mbps and I can stream iPlayer HD on the PS3 and my Roku perfectly through wireless.

On the Humax it just stutters constantly, if I pause it and wait a few minutes then press play it is ok. It appears to just not be buffering enough of the program up before starting playing the stream. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyway to solve it? It doesn't actually appear to buffer anything.

I find nearly every programme on iPlayer stutters. I've tried pausing for a minute to let it catch up but it soon stutters again.

ITVPlayer though, is absolutely fine, no stuttering at all.

Confusingly, my iMac connected wirelessly in another room has no stutter problems with iPlayer.

Are there any changes I can make to improve it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find nearly every programme on iPlayer stutters. I've tried pausing for a minute to let it catch up but it soon stutters again.

ITVPlayer though, is absolutely fine, no stuttering at all.

Confusingly, my iMac connected wirelessly in another room has no stutter problems with iPlayer.

Are there any changes I can make to improve it?

ITV player is the lowest bitrate so it may simply be a broadband problem with the connection you are using for the HDR-1000S.

Can you connect a PC to the HDR-1000 access cable and see what the iplayer speed test makes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    iPlayer certainly starts up quickly, so it may be due to not buffering sufficiently.

Since they upgraded our exchange my net speeds increased from 4mb upto the 18mbps mark, and thankfully I can now stream without any issues at all.

When I first tried iPlayer on my HDR1000s I was a bit dismayed to notice some stuttering for the first 30 seconds, but it then went okay, and I've used it many times since and I've not noticed any stuttering worth mentioning.

However as others have suggested, I do suspect iPlayer needs to buffer a few extra seconds before starting to play, as I can imagine on slow net connections it will stutter every time.

I do like this version of iPlayer though, the quality in HD mode is excellent, I just wish I didn't have to keep selecting the HD mode every time, would be nice if it remembered setting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I know from experience though, that compatability issues can sometimes be a real pain and give wierd symptoms. Incidently, I am not saying this is the issue here obviously, I do think there may be buffering issues with the 1000s, but you may find the following of interest.

For example if I use the N router Talktalk provide, it works okay on most of my portable devices, but tends to stutter on our ipads a little or my iPhone. (it doesn't seem to like Apple equipment..lol) Plus I discovered a major issue where... if I enabled bluetooth on any of my devices the net speed dropped to zero, this was a real pain as I like to use my BlueTooth headphones when say watching a film etc on my iPad, I also use something called Teamspeak on my ipad for online gaming chat, which of course uses my BlueTooth headphones.

I thought the problem may be my cheapo bluetooth headphones, so I purchased a more expensive branded name pair, which to my dismay made no difference.. :-( strangely when I tried Sony's single ear bluetooth headset with my PS3 that worked without any problems..very wierd says I.

This really frustrated me for 2/3 weeks trying various things with no solution. One day I decided to try a different brand router as I had a couple of older ones in the attic.

I found the old linksys router worked fine, no problems with bluetooth enabled at all, so it was obviously an issue with the talktalk Dlink router and Bluetooth, I assume its something to do with both using the 2.4GHz band, but that applies to other routers too.:confused:
    Incidently.. before you say it...lol YES I did try every channel on the router, a few times actually.

Anyway... it was definately a compatability issue with the router, I've since purchased a cheapo TP-Link N300 router and speeds are good, not disconnected once and I can at last use my Bluetooth stuff... worked great ever since.

I apologise for going wee bit off topic, but I mention this because one should not rule anything out. I cannot for the life of me see why that original talktalk N router stopped streaming immediately I enabled bluetooth... strange or what!..lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    another thing i now like about the new iplayer is i dont lose the first 10 seconds or so of sound....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how strange is that, i started a programme on ip[layer via the backwards guide, then without thinking i unplugged the adsl cable from the router and plugged it into a totally seperate router that i am trialling, so in effect my 1000s had no intyernet, yet my programme played right thru till finished
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    how strange is that, i started a programme on ip[layer via the backwards guide, then without thinking i unplugged the adsl cable from the router and plugged it into a totally seperate router that i am trialling, so in effect my 1000s had no intyernet, yet my programme played right thru till finished

The second router must be somehow connected to the first router and be using it as its default gateway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    The second router must be somehow connected to the first router and be using it as its default gateway.

cant see how cos after i finished watching on the guide i tried going to iplayer as another prog wasnt on the guide and said wasnt connected to the internet.... very odd....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Possibly your internet connection is fast enough to have buffered the entire content by the time you pulled the connection. I noticed this by monitoring a 1 hour HD iplayer using my routers usage display. It stopped going up about 30 minutes into the content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Possibly your internet connection is fast enough to have buffered the entire content by the time you pulled the connection. I noticed this by monitoring a 1 hour HD iplayer using my routers usage display. It stopped going up about 30 minutes into the content.

that could possibly b true as i do sync at 20 meg so never usually have problems with any on demand stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that could possibly b true as i do sync at 20 meg so never usually have problems with any on demand stuff

Same speed as my connection :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same speed as my connection :D

yup nice to have such fast speeds, and well i do practically live on top my exchange :D