Options

Ferguson Grand Jury Announcement within the hour

Comments

• Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Wrong! A 12 year old who was reported by multiple people as running around a playground, waving a gun and frightening people refused to obey a direct order from the police to put his hand up and instead reached into his waistband for the gun. A gun, I hasten to add, that he'd removed the orange markers from that denoted it as a BB gun in order to make it seem real.
    The clue is child and playground. Children do play make believe and are tardy in obeying orders. That's their nature - until murdered of course.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cop gives his account of the incident. See I know I did my job right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    The Gand Jury makeup was roughly representative of the area ,( 68% white and 24% black) why do you think they came to the decision they did , or is it just disgraceful as it found that the policeman did not deserve to stand trial based on all the evidence they heard and we haven't ?.

Ferguson is 70% black. They decided to stage the grand jury in a majority white area. That is a very old strategy for stacking juries and is one of the things the protesters are complaining about.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no proof that Michael attacked him.

There is a race issue out there with the police, and every person in ferguson knows it. running away from the discussion by talking about "race card" and "PC" is not going to change that.

In america, every time a black kid gets shot by the police, a certain section are very quick to jump to the police side and black folk are told to stfu.

I've seen the pics and Darren hasn't even got a scratch on him. How is it proof that he was attacked by a 292lb guy. Darren has tasers which would have taken him down.

I'm not black but I think this shit stinks. Black lives don't mean shit in America.

Incidentally, why is there no CCTV footage on the incident?
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cop gives his account of the incident. See I know I did my job right

He says Brown threw the first punch. Sort of think he would notice if he had a knife or gun at that point. There is a serious problem between the police and black communities. Trust is totally gone, it has been this way since Rodney King. I note the grand jury was 75% white, which can't have helped any accusations of prejudice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    He says Brown threw the first punch. Sort of think he would notice if he had a knife or gun at that point. There is a serious problem between the police and black communities. Trust is totally gone, it has been this way since Rodney King. I note the grand jury was 75% white, which can't have helped any accusations of prejudice.

Yes but Wilson claims that Brown tried to take his gun from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He did indeed say that, it just doesn't entirey ring true, this hulk hoganesque suspect batters the hell out of him yet still he can shoot Brown 6 times, Who is he Bruce Willis in Die Hard? The photo of him standing over the shot suspect he appears uninjured. A lot of inconsistency here. Not that trying him directly without a grand jury would have made any difference, it is the same jury pool, it would probably have been the same result.
    At any rate, it is surely time for the Police in the USA be made to wear body cameras.
  • Options
    dooglemiredooglemire Posts: 356
    Forum Member

There is a race issue out there with the police, and every person in ferguson knows it. running away from the discussion by talking about "race card" and "PC" is not going to change that.

In america, every time a black kid gets shot by the police, a certain section are very quick to jump to the police side and black folk are told to stfu.

I've seen the pics and Darren hasn't even got a scratch on him. How is it proof that he was attacked by a 292lb guy. Darren has tasers which would have taken him down.

I'm not black but I think this shit stinks. Black lives don't mean shit in America.

The officer didn't have a taser.
  • Options
    dooglemiredooglemire Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    He did indeed say that, it just doesn't entirey ring true, this hulk hoganesque suspect batters the hell out of him yet still he can shoot Brown 6 times, Who is he Bruce Willis in Die Hard? The photo of him standing over the shot suspect he appears uninjured. A lot of inconsistency here. Not that trying him directly without a grand jury would have made any difference, it is the same jury pool, it would probably have been the same result.
    At any rate, it is surely time for the Police in the USA be made to wear body cameras.

Have a look at the evidence it makes things clearer.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The clue is child and playground. Children do play make believe and are tardy in obeying orders. That's their nature - until murdered of course.

The 2 boys at the Columbine (sp) School shooting were children too! I bet the parents of those children murdered by them had wished the police had turned up sooner, and maybe used lethal force.

Anyone with any common sense, should know in this day and age you don't run around with a gun wether it's a replica, a toy or real, and then when approached by a police officer, don't comply with his request, and thats in any country not just the US. It's not as if this was a 6 year old running around with a "cap gun", this was a 12 year old more then capable of murdering his fellow class mates, and should of had more common sense.

I dread to think the chaos we could of caused back in the 70's running around our neighbourhood with our toy guns, but that was a different time and place.

While everyone is going on about the statistics of police shootings, no one has mentioned the statistics of Police officers gunned down and murdered, because they weren't on the ball so to speak, and approached a situation they weren't prepared for.

In this country alone we had 2 officers murdered, by being ambushed by a person intent on killing them. And yes I know even had they been armed, they wouldn't of survived. But is that partly down to the fact, that officers in this country aren't prepared generally to meet that level of violence. Where as in America they are, and try to get the "shot of first" so to speak.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    No one should have to die but more often than not the criminal sets that ball rolling , if you go out armed then you have to accept the consequences.

In this case, it was the police officer, not the 'criminal', who went out armed, (but not with a taser) and shot the unarmed man, yet he isn't even facing a trial.
    rfonzo wrote: »
    The shameful thing about this incident is that the policeman who killed this boy is showing no sorrow or remorse and saying there was no other alternative. So there is no other alternative to shooting and killing a young boy? Pathetic in the least.

The pathetic thing is that just saying that is enough to satisfy some people, so they can nod and agree and not bother thinking through the facts. If the armed police officer said he had no choice, then that's good enough for them, and no need to admit that sometimes authority figures are wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dooglemire wrote: »

I have and it's inconsistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 boys at the Columbine (sp) School shooting were children too! I bet the parents of those children murdered by them had wished the police had turned up sooner, and maybe used lethal force.

Sadly the two boys at that school shot the armed security guard, so the problem there was nothing to do with a shortage of guns.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    In this case, it was the police officer, not the 'criminal', who went out armed, (but not with a taser) and shot the unarmed man, yet he isn't even facing a trial.

That's a pretty ridiculous attempt to obfuscate the reasons why cops carry guns.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Sadly the two boys at that school shot the armed security guard, so the problem there was nothing to do with a shortage of guns.

And if the security guard had shot them first, would we have people claiming that the boys "had only brought the guns in for show and tell"

And lets be honest people generally take the mick out of security guards for a reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    That's a pretty ridiculous attempt to obfuscate the reasons why cops carry guns.

I wasn't even attempting to do that.

However, if members of the public are expected (rightly) to take responsibility for what happens if they go out with a gun, then it's not really a stretch to expect police officers to take responsibility for what they do with their guns too. After all, they should all be trained, and have a proper understanding of what guns can do, and what alternatives are available to them.

The presumption by many that if a police officer has used a gun with lethal force, the person must have deserved it, is the problem. There will be times when lethal force can be justified, but I don't think it was in this case. Inevitably, everyone will have different views on whether or not something is reasonable, but it's obvious from this case that a lot of people don't bother to review the individual situation - they just assume that if the police officer said it's what he had to do, then no further action is required. In fact, sometimes the shooter doesn't have to be a police officer. Sometimes it's just enough for an armed member of the public to say they thought the unarmed black teenager was on the rob, for them to avoid arrest.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't even attempting to do that.

However, if members of the public are expected (rightly) to take responsibility for what happens if they go out with a gun, then it's not really a stretch to expect police officers to take responsibility for what they do with their guns too. After all, they should all be trained, and have a proper understanding of what guns can do, and what alternatives are available to them.

The presumption by many that if a police officer has used a gun with lethal force, the person must have deserved it, is the problem. There will be times when lethal force can be justified, but I don't think it was in this case. Inevitably, everyone will have different views on whether or not something is reasonable, but it's obvious from this case that a lot of people don't bother to review the individual situation - they just assume that if the police officer said it's what he had to do, then no further action is required. In fact, sometimes the shooter doesn't have to be a police officer. Sometimes it's just enough for an armed member of the public to say they thought the unarmed black teenager was on the rob, for them to avoid arrest.:confused:

Well Wilson had carried a gun for five years and never felt the need to use it.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All these armchair critics of the police in their dealings with scum like this. It's a pity people like you can't be placed in the police officer's shoes.
  • Options
    SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Some people in this thread have absolutely no clue.

Too much is being placed on the robbery, well if the shopkeeper shot Brown in the process of a robbery then even he would have been arrested for questioning. He would have been released later on but you better believe he would have been arrested first.

But no in America unless a cop kills a powerful person they can get away with everything.

But alas some people just Black criminal - White cop and leave it at that.

What has being arrested got to do with anything? The officer gave his account, what else would be gained from arrested him?

A grand jury deemed that there was insufficient evidence to necessitate charging him. The end.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dooglemire wrote: »
    Is there an actual report somewhere, released by the courthouse or are we going off the media here
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that came to mind last night while I was reading up on this again - Wilson had a mark on his right cheek which supposedly came from when Brown was allegedly attacking him in the car. In American cars, the driver's seat is on the left, so Wilson's left cheek would have been exposed to Brown via the window. I'm not sure how Brown would have managed to punch him with his right hand, which is what Wilson said he did, on his right cheek, from that angle? Wilson was seated in the car, with the door shut, and Brown was outside it, according to Wilson.

Wilson also said Brown was holding the Cigarilos in his right hand, when he punched him, yet confirmed that the Cigarilos weren't damaged. If he'd punched him with as much as force as Wilson says he did (strong enough for him to think that another blow would be fatal) how on earth were they not damaged?

I'd like to add if things did go down exactly as Wilson said, I can completely understand why he acted as he did. But my issue is there are inconsistencies with what he said (not just in his testimony to the Grand Jury, but between his original police interview and his testimony as well) and we don't have Brown's version of events, because he is dead. Because of those incosistencies, I don't see how he wasn't indicted. But, what's done is done now.

Not sure if anyone has linked to it yet, but this link has all the transcripts of testimony that were provided to the Grand Jury, plus other reports, witness interviews etc - http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2014/11/us/ferguson-grand-jury-docs/index.html
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    One thing that came to mind last night while I was reading up on this again - Wilson had a mark on his right cheek which supposedly came from when Brown was allegedly attacking him in the car. In American cars, the driver's seat is on the left, so Wilson's left cheek would have been exposed to Brown via the window. I'm not sure how Brown would have managed to punch him with his right hand, which is what Wilson said he did, on his right cheek, from that angle? Wilson was seated in the car, with the door shut, and Brown was outside it, according to Wilson.

Wilson also said Brown was holding the Cigarilos in his right hand, when he punched him, yet confirmed that the Cigarilos weren't damaged. If he'd punched him with as much as force as Wilson says he did (strong enough for him to think that another blow would be fatal) how on earth were they not damaged?

I'd like to add if things did go down exactly as Wilson said, I can completely understand why he acted as he did. But my issue is there are inconsistencies with what he said (not just in his testimony to the Grand Jury, but between his original police interview and his testimony as well) and we don't have Brown's version of events, because he is dead. Because of those incosistencies, I don't see how he wasn't indicted. But, what's done is done now.

Not sure if anyone has linked to it yet, but this link has all the transcripts of testimony that were provided to the Grand Jury, plus other reports, witness interviews etc - http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2014/11/us/ferguson-grand-jury-docs/index.html
    Dayum, that's a lot of reading material

no problem

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░
    ░░░░▄█▀░░░▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄░░░░▄█▀▀▀▀██▄░░░░
    ░░░█▀░░░░█▀▀▀░░▄██░░▄▄█░░░██▀▀▀███▄██░░░
    ░░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀░░░▀█▀▀▀▀███▄▄█░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▀█░
    █▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄██░░▀█░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀░░░▄█▀░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░░░░█
    █▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█
    ░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
    ░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█░░░
    ░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░
    ░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. He said a lot of things such as being punched and attacked. And look at the extensive injuries he got in that fight....

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/24/7279311/ferguson-darren-wilson-injuries
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Dayum, that's a lot of reading material

no problem

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░
    ░░░░▄█▀░░░▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄░░░░▄█▀▀▀▀██▄░░░░
    ░░░█▀░░░░█▀▀▀░░▄██░░▄▄█░░░██▀▀▀███▄██░░░
    ░░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀░░░▀█▀▀▀▀███▄▄█░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▀█░
    █▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄██░░▀█░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀░░░▄█▀░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░░░░█
    █▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█
    ░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
    ░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█░░░
    ░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░
    ░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░

I thought it just had the Grand Jury testimonies at first, then I scrolled down and saw the rest! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with any common sense, should know in this day and age you don't run around with a gun wether it's a replica, a toy or real, and then when approached by a police officer, don't comply with his request, and thats in any country not just the US.
    Children don't have much common sense.

And I'd have thought the ideal place for a child to play with their toys in relative safety would be a children's Playground. It doesn't take much common sense to work out that tgatvus what they tend to do there.