Options

"Serves Four"

Vite.dfeemtoonVite.dfeemtoon Posts: 5,397
Forum Member
Does it annoy anyone else when a recipe says "Serves Four"? Invariably, I'm either making it for two or six people, rarely four. And to be honest, what might serve four according to them, never seems to be enough with me and my piggy friends, so I have to double the recipe anyway, particularly with Delia's stuff.

I wish they'd make a recipe for just one and then you can multiply it by however many you need to, but I suppose it gets complicated when you start talking about quarter of an onion and stuff.

Just a thought!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's even worse when they lie about how many it serves, Imean, buy a tiramisu from somerfield, and it says on the box 'serves 8' !!!!!!

they lie i tell you, I can eat a whole one.
  • Options
    amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BrideXIII wrote: »
    It's even worse when they lie about how many it serves, Imean, buy a tiramisu from somerfield, and it says on the box 'serves 8' !!!!!!

they lie i tell you, I can eat a whole one.

Why you fat ****!

Who ate all the pies indeed:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amilo wrote: »
    Why you fat ****!

Who ate all the pies indeed:D

well I'd rather be called fat ( which i am not) than try to feed 8 anorexic midgets with the teesiest portions of tiramisu ever seen :D
  • Options
    amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BrideXIII wrote: »
    well I'd rather be called fat ( which i am not) than try to feed 8 anorexic midgets with the teesiest portions of tiramisu ever seen :D

Very true!Who decides these portion sizes?I wouldn't like to go to their house for dinner,I'd be stopping at the chipper on the way home:D
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Average portions are very underrated.

On the nutrition information on a tin of Quality streets, it gives the standard 'per 100g' and the standard 'per portion' size. 'per portion' is 4 sweets lol
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to cook for double the number of people I've got to feed. I cooked a Gordon Ramsay Casserole the other day that said it served 6 and it just served 3 of us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming you wont be watching Gordon's live cookalong then. I mean it's going to be tough enough following his recipe live without having to double the amount.:D