Heart and the Continuing Hacking of Songs (merged)

Comments

• GenesysGenesys Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Which word it's always been spelt SEGUE....?!?!?!
  • jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genesys wrote: »
    Which word it's always been spelt SEGUE....?!?!?!

You're right - it has. Which is why wckartist (I think) was picking you up for typing segue-way (which effectively is seg-way-way). Hope that helps!
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Just checking in and wondering how the hell this thread has gone to 10 pages when no real point has been made since page 1.
    Forum Member
    Well that's me educated. In over 20 years of working in radio I've only ever seen it written as segue-way (sometimes no - )

It's true what they say, ya learn something new every day.

I will use seg-way as of now :o)
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's me educated. In over 20 years of working in radio I've only ever seen it written as segue-way (sometimes no - )

Well take some English lessons then? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member

Hmmmm, in my nine years in radio and my husbands eighteen years in radio and TV, neither of us have ever seen it as segue-way.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So good to hear Loving each day on heart just now! Refreshing.
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I hope MR Spotify never listens to Steve Wright or Chris Evans, he will explode with anger at the point they come in at the end!:D

Steve Wright ruined the new One Direction song a couple of days ago - about a minute left to run! Thank goodness I bought it when it first came out! :mad:

This is the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMIopeqhVM&feature=youtu.be&annotation_id=annotation_2964972013&feature=iv&src_vid=gtMHXLHrbeE (this is the full version, imagine what point Wright came in at!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotify95 wrote: »
    Steve Wright ruined the new One Direction song a couple of days ago - about a minute left to run! Thank goodness I bought it when it first came out! :mad:

I think you may find this link useful ;)

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/index.shtml
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaming Nora Texas being played now!
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMIopeqhVM&feature=youtu.be&annotation_id=annotation_2964972013&feature=iv&src_vid=gtMHXLHrbeE (this is the full version, imagine what point Wright came in at!)
    To be fair it is impossible to ruin a One Direction song as they do that themselves.:D
    Forum Member
    Georgemichael - Strange reading your early posts, they are all very strong anti-global.

For someone that claims to work at LSQ.

Love to know more about the job you claim to have.
    Forum Member
    To be fair it is impossible to ruin a One Direction song as they do that themselves.:D

So you are saying that you don't like One Direction? :D
    I love their music - but hey, guess I've learned to steer clear of Wright.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you are saying that you don't like One Direction? :D
    I love their music - but hey, guess I've learned to steer clear of Wright.

1D's music is ok but the only tribute to the best song in the world you need to listen to is by Tenacious D.
    Forum Member
    ...when we say "hacking", what describes this one?
    http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-ridiculously-early-segue-on-daft-punk-get-lucky/
    What was this all about? I've already posted about this song, but NOTHING was as bad as this that I recorded earlier (about 10:30 - please correct me on when it played if needed). It totally crashed the vocals. It was halfway through the chorus. It didn't even hit the end ramp!
    I've just compared it to the radio edit on Spotify (same version that Heart use) and it was segued at 3'28!!! The song is 4'08 in length!!!! That's 40 seconds chopped for no reason whatsoever. And it was Toby Anstis again!!
    Surely Toby is the worst presenter to ever hit Heart's airwaves! He's definitely the sloppiest, to say the least!
    Rant over!

I'm finally happy about Heart, for once! Just heard the aforementioned Daft Punk song again (on drivetime) and this segue is much better:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-fm-correct-segue-on-daft-punk-get-lucky/
    It's actually played in full! Hooray! Sounds much better.
    Compare this clip with the one I quoted, which sounds better? :D
    P.s. I was listening to Heart earlier for about an hour, and also no sloppy segues. Maybe Heart are improving! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finally happy about Heart, for once! Just heard the aforementioned Daft Punk song again (on drivetime) and this segue is much better:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-fm-correct-segue-on-daft-punk-get-lucky/
    It's actually played in full! Hooray! Sounds much better.
    Compare this clip with the one I quoted, which sounds better? :D
    P.s. I was listening to Heart earlier for about an hour, and also no sloppy segues. Maybe Heart are improving! :)

And then two hours later you go and slate them on the 'Worst Radio stations' thread' - you need to make up your mind fella. Mind you, on that 'worst stations' thread, you also slated Radio 1 for not playing enough 'old' music. Maybe it's time you admitted that you just don't 'get' radio, cos you're beginning to look a little silly now! You've even started replying to your own posts!! :D
    Forum Member
    jon craig wrote: »
    And then two hours later you go and slate them on the 'Worst Radio stations' thread' - you need to make up your mind fella. Mind you, on that 'worst stations' thread, you also slated Radio 1 for not playing enough 'old' music. Maybe it's time you admitted that you just don't 'get' radio, cos you're beginning to look a little silly now! You've even started replying to your own posts!! :D

I only slated Heart because of the lack of music variety (and others have also said that about Heart - additionally, there are threads about "more music variety" and how Heart doesn't meet that) and the dodgy segues that are still in the system. Apart from that, Heart is an ok station.
    Bring a bit more variety in, along with a few more modern tunes, and I'd listen to Heart a lot more.
    And the reason why I replied to my own post, was to compare two different segues of the same song. :)
    Forum Member
    Georgemichael - Strange reading your early posts, they are all very strong anti-global.

For someone that claims to work at LSQ.

Love to know more about the job you claim to have.

I'm not at all anti Global. I am anti, praise the things which are not the best that they can be.

I have an opinion on things which I think are not up to scratch and that includes some of the presenters that work on various Global brands and also the way some things are carried out on these brands..

I'm not a robot, or have my feelings and opinions controlled by someone else. Just because I work somewhere doesn't mean I can't criticize certain aspects of that company.

After all the Global mission statement asks people to speak out when they think things are not right.

Perhaps one day we'll share a cup of tea or coffee on the roof terrace. Don't hold your breath, you are certainly not the type of person I wish to be seen with.
    Forum Member
    I'd put money on it that if you do actually work at LSQ you probably already know me... I (and possibly a few others) just use this account to generally wind the DS massive up...
  • Terry PurvisTerry Purvis Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    ... I (and possibly a few others) just use this account to generally wind the DS massive up...

Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them again on the way down . . . . . .
    Forum Member
    I'd put money on it that if you do actually work at LSQ you probably already know me... I (and possibly a few others) just use this account to generally wind the DS massive up...

I don't know you, but I have an idea who you are.

I can understand people using forums to play devils advocate to 'wind up' other users, but to be honest with you Genesys, you have posted some very insulting things aimed at people in other occupations as well as people who work in radio, surely you can see that's not right or even fair?

You also tend to disregard most things that other users post, with an arrogance that's just not needed.

You must remember, most people on this forum have and still do work in radio, so a little respect from you, for their experience and knowledge is only right. If you were to do that, perhaps in your own words, they wouldn't 'have a pop at you'.

Also, the fact that I and others may criticize things, it doesn't mean we are 'anti'..........Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear! I thought I'd heard it all!
    Now someone comes along and does this seg of Daft Punk:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-fm-toby-anstis-has-absolutely-murdered-daft-punk-get-lucky/
    It was segued halfway through the chorus. Vocals were annihilated. It didn't even hit the second part of the chorus - lt alone the end ramp!
    From what I have recorded, it was segued at 3:25. The song is 4:08 in length - what a ridiculous segue!

I'd like to know WHO actually FIRED THAT SEGUE today (the song played at 12:05) - because they need teaching how to segue songs properly!
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear! I thought I'd heard it all!
    Now someone comes along and does this seg of Daft Punk:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-fm-toby-anstis-has-absolutely-murdered-daft-punk-get-lucky/
    It was segued halfway through the chorus. Vocals were annihilated. It didn't even hit the second part of the chorus - lt alone the end ramp!
    From what I have recorded, it was segued at 3:25. The song is 4:08 in length - what a ridiculous segue!

I'd like to know WHO actually FIRED THAT SEGUE today (the song played at 12:05) - because they need teaching how to segue songs properly!

Oh shush :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    nobjockey wrote: »
    Oh shush :rolleyes:

why are you telling me to shush? All I was doing was raising a very large issue with Heart's segues. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are you telling me to shush? All I was doing was raising a very large issue with Heart's segues. :(

Maybe because it is not a 'very large' issue at all! Do you think come RAJAR on Wednesday that listeners will be deserting Heart in their millions due to these 'dodgy segues'? I'll answer for you - they won't!

And if you actually trace back through this thread you'll see that nobody else is remotely bothered either, and in the main have ignored your posts - hence the fact you've had to resort to replying to your own posts to keep it going.

Still, if makes you happy........:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.