Amy was right, they wanted an excuse to hate her

Comments

• postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Amy's dad came across creepy to me. She's too big a girl to be jumping into his arms wrapping her legs round him. Made me choke on my hobnob.

And sitting on his lap in the limo :o
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Menelaus wrote: »
    Amy's dad is lovely btw .
    Do you know him personally? He looked like a bit of an 80's relic to me!
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweetie939 wrote: »
    I haven't watched all of tonight's show yet, hoping to watch the second half on itv player. Have heard how they laid in to Amy at the party, I know these shows are heavily edited and Amy may have been very annoying, but I don't think this excuses having 4 or so people ganging up on her when she was in the jungle. I know due to the editing we only saw snippets of the way they spoke to her, but it was the tone of Matthew, annabel, and Laila when they spoke to Amy that I didn't like.

I found it particularly surprising that there were being so much like that to someone so much younger than them too

Amy is a 21 year old woman. If EVERYONE else in the camp thought her annoying, why shouldn't they tell her?
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    The twitter trolls should leave Becky alone. It is only a TV show.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40BeckAdlington%20bully&src=typd&f=realtime

That is absolutely awful - poor Becky has done nothing to deserve that :(
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she reaally expect everyone to be all fine with her, after going straight to the press and slagging the women off? Did Amy, really expect the women to be fine with her, after all that? It is laughable:D

Did they really expect her to be OK with them after she'd watched the footage back and seen what they'd said behind her back?
    Forum Member
    Loose Woman, Paul O'Grady, This Morning The main ITV shows took her side. She will do well..
    So? I certainly wouldn't take any notice of what Paul O'Grady says. And as for Pip and Holly (well I read what Matthew said about them both and found it hilarious - but I can understand why they don't like him). And as for Loose Women????
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So? I certainly wouldn't take any notice of what Paul O'Grady says. And as for Pip and Holly (well I read what Matthew said about them both and found it hilarious - but I can understand why they don't like him). And as for Loose Women????

I think they were towing the itv party line because it was the story.. Phil n Holly were shocked when told what Amy was really like by more than one camp mate ...Phil did say ..I think we have got the wrong impression of Lucy here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is disgusting - Funny how bullies call other people bullies and don't see what they are doing is bullying, But that isn't Rebecca's twitter. Someone's set up an account called Beckadlingtonbully.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is disgusting - Funny how bullies call other people bullies and don't see what they are doing is bullying, But that isn't Rebecca's twitter. Someone's set up an account called Beckadlingtonbully.

It is. They are tweeting @BeckAdlington. It pooped up a lot on my timeline so i had a look. There should be better policing on twitter.
  • ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Amy was a much better person then Helen Flannagan no one ganged up against her last year.
    Forum Member
    ArtemsGirl wrote: »
    Amy was a much better person then Helen Flannagan no one ganged up against her last year.
    Helen was useless at the trials - but most of the other camp-mates appeared quite fond of her. I was surprised at the nice things Eric Bristow had to say about her. It even took the gorgeous Ashley Roberts about 10 days before she started to lose patience with her 'trial' antics.

And besides - come on - as a viewer - who provided most entertainment - Helen or the terminally boring Amy?
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    ArtemsGirl wrote: »

Do you think so? I wasn't fussed by Helen but the celebs in the jungle seemed to warm to her and she appeared to be very well liked by most if not all of them. I don't think Amy gave off very good vibes TBH ..............it's just like in RL - sometimes you simply can't take to someone because of the 'air' they give off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is. They are tweeting @BeckAdlington. It pooped up a lot on my timeline so i had a look. There should be better policing on twitter.

I looked at her twitter and couldn't see any nasty remarks on there. Perhaps she's blocked obnoxious tweets.https://twitter.com/BeckAdlington
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I must be old fashioned but I find it tasteless that these people use an awards show like this as a fashion parade. Its not about them.
    They like to have a few models and soapstars: gives an air of glamour that it wouldn't have if it was all old soldiers and their wives and maybe even gets some press (as here). If a model turned up in jeans and crocs she would never be invited back.
    FilliA wrote: »
    Amy's dad came across creepy to me. She's too big a girl to be jumping into his arms wrapping her legs round him. Made me choke on my hobnob.
    :D Lol

That really is incredibly depressing. What shameful stuff.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a few people, you could be right. But it's practically the whole camp, including David and Kian. She has obviously annoyed people and has been caught hiding contraband and lying and even manipulation.
    Forum Member
    Do you think so? I wasn't fussed by Helen but the celebs in the jungle seemed to warm to her and she appeared to be very well liked by most if not all of them. I don't think Amy gave off very good vibes TBH ..............it's just like in RL - sometimes you simply can't take to someone because of the 'air' they give off.
    Helen was willing to take the mickey out of herself and she did provide a lot of laughs for the other campers (even Charlie laughed at some of the things she did)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The allegations Amy made and the implication surrounding it is very serious matter for someone of the stature of a two-time Olympic Champion. ...

I doubt that very much.

Do you think they might take away her OBE or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I doubt that very much.

Do you think they might take away her OBE or something
    ?

That made me chuckle :D:D
    Forum Member
    That made me chuckle :D:D
    Me too!:D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy is well liked. Not on here but that is another story lol.

Loose Woman, Paul O'Grady, This Morning The main ITV shows took her side. She will do well..

Even at the end? She will do ok for a short time. Then she will be reduced to getting her kit off for the lads.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

That really is incredibly depressing. What shameful stuff.

On this we fully agree. I am genuinely disgusted at that. People should be publicly shamed for some of those comments. Absolutely disgraceful.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I doubt that very much.

Do you think they might take away her OBE or something?

Laugh all you like. Rebecca has Olympic Gold medals. That is such an achievement. So she doesn't want her reputation to be tarnished by someone who has been shown to be a pathological lying lowlife, with absolutely no morals whatsoever.
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree that they wanted an excuse to hate her with the exception of Mo I think she had a problem with her from the start.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Even at the end? She will do ok for a short time. Then she will be reduced to getting her kit off for the lads.

Now I'm no a Lucy fan, and whilst she may have come out of this all rather badly, I think you're being a little harsh on her here. Some might say it is rather demeaning to imply that this is all certain women have to offer the world.

The lads mags days may be behind her now- and even if Emmerdale doesn't work out, and she does them yet again, fair play to her as an adult legally earning a buck in this tough economic climate we live in.

Let's give Lucy a break.:)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Laugh all you like. Rebecca has Olympic Gold medals. That is such an achievement. So she doesn't want her reputation to be tarnished by someone who has been shown to be a pathological lying lowlife, with absolutely no morals whatsoever.

Is that supposed to be Amy?

Your point would be more convincing if it weren't expressed in absurdly OTT language.