Options

James, absolutely, positively terrible at winding people up

Comments

• Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leviathain wrote: »
    James claims he is winding people up but he isn't, all he is doing is annoying and upsetting people. Winding people up involves tricking people and he isn't tricking anyone.

Constantly belittling Audley's boxing career and accusing him of cooking to avoid nominations. Telling Gary he is rude and that no one in the house likes him. Calling Kellie vile.

Stephanie claiming James is only telling the truth and does it with a wink, what a load of rubbish, James does it for more airtime and because he probably thinks he is funny. Stephanie also tried to do a James but got it spectacularly wrong.

Not only does James get more air time, he has more threads about him. Smart.
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    It's not an excuse for acting as he does and speaking to people in the manner that he does time and again.

It's also a false logic if he actually believes this because if he stopped acting like an arrogant condescending patronising somewhat nasty person, the odds are surely in favour of people not reacting badly to him in the first place and thinking those things of him.

You could apply his so called reasoning to any number of people with bad behaviours and it still doesn't excuse it.

I don't actually think he's the worst person in the world, and he's certainly more 'entertaining' HM than many I could name but as a individual there's certainly room for improvement imo.

I agree.

This is why I do hope he revises himself and changes for the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    James did a wind up task last nigh and here is part of the report from it.

"And here's the big shocker - rather than kick off after being made to look rather silly, the gang found the whole thing hilarious, so much so that even James's number one sparring partner Audley saw the funny side and the pair hugged it out".

Oh dear it appear anothers cheap dig at James has failed.

Ah, so he did listen to Gary and the Call Centre task caller after all then ;)
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with the wind up with Lauren hes also playing the game he wants to see how she reacts because like he said he doesn't really know what laurens all about because shes not done anything, he didn't do it to try hurt her but then she took it like a drama queen so of-cause he apologized
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    with the wind up with Lauren hes also playing the game he wants to see how she reacts because like he said he doesn't really know what laurens all about because shes not done anything, he didn't do it to try hurt her.

Well just goes to show what an inconsiderate unintelligent numptie he is. Did he think she would love and find his comments funny.:o Utterly ridiculous. :(

His whole modus operandi is to hurt and get a rise out of people. He is an absolute nightmare and I would avoid him like the plague.>:(
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I don't think that it is, per se but it's virtually impossible to describe how James does it (delivered so spitefully and gleefully) in a positive manner.

I would call someone a bully If they keep persisting on winding the same person up all the time.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with the wind up with Lauren hes also playing the game he wants to see how she reacts because like he said he doesn't really know what laurens all about because shes not done anything, he didn't do it to try hurt her but then she took it like a drama queen so of-cause he apologized
    Absolute cobblers.

OF COURSE he did it to hurt her - how would anyone be expected to react to what he said ffs?

It's BECAUSE HE KNEW he'd hurt her that he didn't have the balls to stand up and own his shit in the first place!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute cobblers.

OF COURSE he did it to hurt her - how would anyone be expected to react to what he said ffs?

It's BECAUSE HE KNEW he'd hurt her that he didn't have the balls to stand up and own his shit in the first place!

Yesss.
  • Options
    phoenix50phoenix50 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    He did target all the h/m's last night with a fake task.
    There's a glaring difference between a mildly humorous, puerile and rather unimaginative prank on all housemates and his utterly vindictive genus of 'humour' bestowed upon specific, individual housemates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    I would call someone a bully If they keep persisting on winding the same person up all the time.
    Oh he's quite egalitarian about it, is James - there's a few of them he'll dish it out to..........not so good at taking it back though for some reason? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute cobblers.

did you not listen to what he said the whole point was to not stand up, to play the game create paranoia, nothing to do with not having the balls to stand up, why does everything have to be so simple he said he was bored and wanted to create controversy and he did.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoenix50 wrote: »
    James proclaims to be a ‘wind-up’ merchant, so why does he not target all housemates?

No, he teases only specific housemates with malice: he baits and taunts to provoke distress, humiliation and conflict - a negative reaction from them. He revels in bargain basement ridicule and strives to thrust them into a tailspin of inferiority, attacking their emotions in an attempt to strip them of their coping system and well-being.

It’s a sad reflection of pervasive shifts in ‘contemporary’ humour just like ‘happy slapping’ and adolescent, antisocial behaviours deemed to be popular amongst malleable, asinine cohorts. James, when ‘joking’ has no subtlety, no intelligence and a supercilious disregard of the Queensbury Rules. His ‘humour’ is not playful, affectionate teasing between good friends and family as the poster above positively relates to.

Concealing nasty insults under the guise of ‘only joking’ is also often a rhetorical closure - an attempt to brutally mute others through tactics of intimidation and ridicule, thus stifling dialogue - James deflects and attacks when he encounters resistance... cheap, James, cheap!

Instead of attempting to verbally castrate others (and failing badly), he needs to confiscate his own toxic tongue…unfortunately for him, he’s welded to it.

Succinctly put :)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoenix50 wrote: »
    There's a glaring difference between a mildly humorous, puerile and rather unimaginative prank on all housemates and his utterly vindictive genus of 'humour' bestowed upon specific, individual housemates.

You asked him to target all the h/m's I prove that he has done and now you are still not happy. It appears there is no way of pleasing you therefor I will leave it that.
  • Options
    Shopaholic26Shopaholic26 Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute cobblers.

Wonder if he likes this picture? :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2576864/James-Jordan-reveals-rounder-physique-easing-Strictly-exercise-regime.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did you not listen to what he said the whole point was to not stand up, to play the game create paranoia, nothing to do with not having the balls to stand up, why does everything have to be so simple he said he was bored and wanted to create controversy and he did.
    I can't believe anyone actually believed any of that shit.

He acted as typically as I'd expect any spineless bastard to behave - by attempting to lie his way out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe anyone actually believed any of that shit.

He acted as typically as I'd expect any spineless bastard to behave - by attempting to lie his way out of it.

you must support ricci boring for the win
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you must support ricci boring for the win
    Must I?

Who says so?
  • Options
    phoenix50phoenix50 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    You asked him to target all the h/m's I prove that he has done and now you are still not happy. It appears there is no way of pleasing you therefor I will leave it that.
    My question was a rhetorical one (I was not asking him personally, vis-à-vis as, alas, right now, that's impossible) but I acknowledge your interpretation of my post. I am happy in corporeal life - I hope you are happy too :)

Perhaps I should have been more intelligible and motioned: "James proclaims to be a ‘wind-up’ merchant, so why does he not target all housemates with his characteristic malignant style 'humour'?".
  • Options
    schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winding people up ? What a cruel activity, be he good or bad at it. I don't see it as a skill to be admired in anyone.
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schmoozer wrote: »
    Winding people up ? What a cruel activity, be he good or bad at it. I don't see it as a skill to be admired in anyone.

Exactly.
    It is a very cruel activity.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    Like anyone who takes pleasure in 'winding up' others, he pretends it's just a laugh when it is, in fact, passive aggression!

Your comment is right on the money :):)
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But wrote: »
    I agree wit OP a wind up should end in a good laugh unfortunately James seems to think it should end in hurt for his target.

Bang on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member

Exactly.
    It is a very cruel activity.

No, it's really not, if done the right way it's a good laugh.

Winding up and taking the piss is actually part of our culture, it's all good if done in good spirit and to people you know well.

James is mean spirited and hardly knows the people in there, what he's doing is being a right nasty bastard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Eyed wrote: »
    No, it's really not, if done the right way it's a good laugh.

Winding up and taking the piss is actually part of our culture, it's all good if done in good spirit and to people you know well.

James is mean spirited and hardly knows the people in there, what he's doing is being a right nasty bastard.
    Exactly!

That's what I've been saying.

There are rules of engagement and you never, ever, EVER hit below the belt because the idea isn't to deeply offend the other person - it's to have them laughing along with you.

James is not so thick he doesn't know that - he knows all too well and does it anyway.

He's a fooking shitehawk.