Options

EM- really impressed with Chrissie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
From someone who was a drip and couldn't see her husband's affair, the past few episodes she's really come into her own, it's a shame it took so long. I felt really sorry for her since the explosion happened, and I'm really pleased she actually took the blame for it and confessed to the villagers. I'm just sorry it now looks like she's leaving, but if she comes back I hope she brings her sister with her! :)

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From someone who was a drip and couldn't see her husband's affair, the past few episodes she's really come into her own, it's a shame it took so long. I felt really sorry for her since the explosion happened, and I'm really pleased she actually took the blame for it and confessed to the villagers. I'm just sorry it now looks like she's leaving, but if she comes back I hope she brings her sister with her! :)

yes she has been very good, in fact now they have spliyt her from Robert she seems to have shown lots of depth to the character, I actually quiite like her now
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Chrissie, as soap-lea said splitting up her and Robert was the best thing for the character, because there is now depth to her and she is ultimately more likeable and simply a better character imo. I like the relationship developing with Chas and have ultimately been very impressed with Louise Marwood's acting.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Another fan. I think she's been brilliant in the part. I've been trying to think who she sounds like and if I shut my eyes I can hear Michelle Dotrice (Betty) from Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's doing great. She's really looking the part too, ill and pale and guilt ridden.

I like how they're building her friendship with Chaz up and hopefully there could be a good storyline there. Chaz has been supportive and, I think, inspired Chrissie to give Robert the flick tonight. Not that the weasel maestro hasn't had it coming for ages given all the problems he's caused.
  • Options
    boobear1boobear1 Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think Chrisse is a great character, but tonight she said she was responsible for 3 deaths!! Its 2 deaths VAL and Ruby, no one except Pete knows of Ross. I think the writers made a bit of a Booboo!!
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie has been fast becoming my favourite character since the whole Donny saga where she had him almost bumped off. She showed there that whilst she might portray herself as butter wouldn't melt, she's actually quite savvy and when pushed can be quite ruthless.

I agree with others who say she is now more developed and showing more character. She's neither hard faced, a villain or a sweet and innocent drip, which, I have to admit, I thought she would be when she showed up.

I also take my hat off to the actress, Louise Marwood seems to put a lot into her performed and she generally pulls it off (her crying face perhaps needs some work....but then again don't we all look ugly when we're sobbing?!)

Love the character, and I hope we're also about to see the infamous Rebecca cast. We really need to pad the Whites out a bit. Lachlan is fairly disposable.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boobear1 wrote: »
    I think Chrisse is a great character, but tonight she said she was responsible for 3 deaths!! Its 2 deaths VAL and Ruby, no one except Pete knows of Ross. I think the writers made a bit of a Booboo!!

The pilot too.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrissie is great hope she comes back with her Sister
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The helicopter pilot also died so it's 3.
  • Options
    hypergreenfroghypergreenfrog Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she meant the helicopter pilot.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Chrissie, she's my favourite character next to Cain and Debbie. I think she's been fantastic since she found out about Robert's affair, and it's great to see a soap character with morals for once, instead of trying to lie their way out of something or trying to frame someone else. Loved the way she told Robert that if he wouldn't leave she would, how many times is she going to have to tell him to foxtrot oscar before he actually does?>:( I don't see anything wrong with the actress's crying either, she's improved loads and at least she's convincing, unlike Corrie's Tracy Barlow and others who can sob and sob without a single tear falling!
  • Options
    boobear1boobear1 Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think she meant the helicopter pilot.

Ahh I forgot about the poor pilot, oops I've made the mistake. Sorry x.
  • Options
    ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure she'll be back I hope. I definitely want to see more of her. :)
  • Options
    snoozefoozesnoozefooze Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I love chrissie! She's been climbing the ladder for me and i loved how she confessed and didn't try and cover up what she did. Shows she has morals and i don't really think her crying is bad. I find it more natural. You're not supposed to look like an angel when you're crying. I hope when she comes back she is stronger and i would like to see something nice happen to her. What i don't get is why is robert so desperate for chrissie and lawrence's money? If he is so smart like he makes himself out to be then why doesn't he earn for himself and leave chrissie alone.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow given next week's events (that my dad saw on the front of a magazine) she might not need to go very far! :/

Yikes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a milf
  • Options
    ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love chrissie! She's been climbing the ladder for me and i loved how she confessed and didn't try and cover up what she did. Shows she has morals and i don't really think her crying is bad. I find it more natural. You're not supposed to look like an angel when you're crying. I hope when she comes back she is stronger and i would like to see something nice happen to her. What i don't get is why is robert so desperate for chrissie and lawrence's money? If he is so smart like he makes himself out to be then why doesn't he earn for himself and leave chrissie alone.

Here here :D she's been super, even at crying. Getting crying to be natural can be really hard and I think it's really noticeable when it's forced. I think she does it brill and it's very difficult to do so good on her :D

Robert needs to cut his losses and just go find himself a sugar daddy haha :D I think he'd be much happier.
  • Options
    snoozefoozesnoozefooze Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Here here :D she's been super, even at crying. Getting crying to be natural can be really hard and I think it's really noticeable when it's forced. I think she does it brill and it's very difficult to do so good on her :D

Robert needs to cut his losses and just go find himself a sugar daddy haha :D I think he'd be much happier.

Exactly!
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Chrissie, she's a really layered, rounded character. She can be Queen Bee when she feels, and the baddest bitch on the block if you give her reason, but she's also kind, honest, sympathetic and moralistic. I have to root for her :)
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    yes she has been very good, in fact now they have spliyt her from Robert she seems to have shown lots of depth to the character, I actually quiite like her now

Yes I like her too. I just wonder what she would do if she knew the truth about Robert killing Katie. Why has that not been revealed?
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Somehow given next week's events (that my dad saw on the front of a magazine) she might not need to go very far! :/

Yikes.

why?

( the post was apparently too short, so I've wrote this to make it longer.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Yes I like her too. I just wonder what she would do if she knew the truth about Robert killing Katie. Why has that not been revealed?

I doubt she do anything, it be all about Andy and Robert's relationship I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's grown on me
    Love the White clan.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The pilot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her keep her as long as possible.