Options

Harper Beckham in a buggy now at 4

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The other week she was sucking a dummy now she's being pushed round In a buggy!

She looks a big strapping girl for her age and very healthy so why are they treating her like a baby?

I've just spent a few hours mowing grass and weeding so I'm in need of some light entertainment. :D

Comments

• Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't tell me, this breaking news and accompanying pap pictures were brought to us by the Daily Fail?
  • Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Proof?

Why does almost every popular thread on the Showbiz sub forum have to involve the Beckhams in some way?
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg not another thread about a Beckham offspring.

Look, they were in Disneyland which would be a lot of walking around for a (just) 4 year old and it's also crowded. Plus it's just easier and faster to put her in the push chair.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,965
    Forum Member
    Strange thread. All kids are different, try carrying a 4 year old who doesn't want to walk then come back and tell me you still don't agree with it.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    I believe many Disneyland blogs/websites advocate bringing a buggy for kids under 5. It's a long day for them, lots of walking in the heat, they probably get overexcited and overtired.

Seems like sensible parenting to me. Plus it's not as if you always see Harper in a buggy - I can't remember seeing pics of her in one before now.

The DM and their dedicated readers just love to judge the parenting of celebrities. Unfair and nearly always making a huge fuss over nothing.
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Harper Beckham is in a buggy. And.....?
    :confused:
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of the Beckhams, as previous posts will attest, but Disneyland is huge and it's tiring for anyone to walk around let alone a four year old. My four year old had a lightweight buggy that lived in our shed and was used only on holiday when we'd be on our feet for long periods, we've only just got rid of it, our holiday next month will be the first without a buggy :o.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    If she was at Disneyland thats a lot of walking around for a small kid to be on their feet all day. You can easily get tired.
    Whats the problem with a buggy? :confused:
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, with a 4 year old and a place the size of Disneyland, they'd be bonkers not to use a pushchair.

Anyone who has trailed anywhere with a small child who insists on walking, then gets too tired too soon, then wants carrying, then gets grumpy knows a jolly day out it does not make - and that's before you factor in the eyes in the back of the head alertness you need in a crowded place filled with things to make a small child stop, stare and change direction even if they are in reins.

Heck, I wouldn't turn down a push, let alone a 4 year old!
  • Options
    Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We recently took our boys to Legoland. We didn't bring a buggy for the 3 year old and the first day was fine. The second day however, he was tired and by the afternoon was crying to be carried and whatnot. When you have children at different stages - our eldest is seven, so queues and walking long distances don't bother him that much - you have to prepare for the little ones getting tired and whingeing, despite the fact they are having a great time.

As for the Beckhams, I do question the use of a dummy so late in the game but they know their child best. And bringing a buggy to a theme park where you plan on staying several hours is the only way to go.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 years ago I was still putting my 6 year old in a pushchair at times. Once was Colchester Zoo. He has been a big lad for a while and for places like Zoos with a lot of walking involved. It was easier to put a tired 4 year old in a pushchair.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Caligula75 wrote: »
    We recently took our boys to Legoland. We didn't bring a buggy for the 3 year old and the first day was fine. The second day however, he was tired and by the afternoon was crying to be carried and whatnot. When you have children at different stages - our eldest is seven, so queues and walking long distances don't bother him that much - you have to prepare for the little ones getting tired and whingeing, despite the fact they are having a great time.

As for the Beckhams, I do question the use of a dummy so late in the game but they know their child best. And bringing a buggy to a theme park where you plan on staying several hours is the only way to go.

I question the use of the dummy too but a pushchair in a theme park is definitely the way to go.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

She looks a big strapping girl for her age and very healthy so why are they treating her like a baby?

I've just spent a few hours mowing grass and weeding so I'm in need of some light entertainment. :D

You should have gone out for lunch instead. Then you could have started a thread in GD about badly behaved children in restaurants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Giving a 4 year old a dummy sounds a bit weird, but a pushchair at a theme park is a very sensible idea.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I question the use of the dummy too but a pushchair in a theme park is definitely the way to go.

I agree, and the buggy would be handy for everything no one wants to carry
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    You should have gone out for lunch instead. Then you could have started a thread in GD about badly behaved children in restaurants.

No, the next thread is going to be about people who have a compulsion about reading through old posts. :D:D:D
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the next thread is going to be about people who have a compulsion about reading through old posts. :D:D:D

.????????????????????
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is digusting. With the money the Beckhams have got swilling around, Harper should demand nothing less than his own 1:4 scale Rolls Royce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harper is a she
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing really much wrong with a child under school age being in a buggy if a lot of walking is planned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    Omg not another thread about a Beckham offspring.

Look, they were in Disneyland which would be a lot of walking around for a (just) 4 year old and it's also crowded. Plus it's just easier and faster to put her in the push chair.

^^This
    The exact same as when I took my pre schools to Disneyland, plus you get on things cheaper
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^This
    The exact same as when I took my pre schools to Disneyland, plus you get on things cheaper

That'll be why they shoved her in a buggy:p;-)
  • Options
    ZimzammamZimzammam Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I've just come back from Disneyland Paris and I wish I had a buggy!! Knackered.com. And it's no fun carrying a shattered 6 year old to boot.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they hire out carts at Disney land for pushing kids Harper age and older. Seems sensible to take buggy and it can transport other bits and bobs rather than having to carry it. I know many want to criticise Posh and Becks but they do seem to have the kids central to their lives.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    So what? If they want to put their child in a pushchair who is it affecting? If I took my 4 year old nephews to a theme park I'd have them stitched into it