Options

I'm seriously angry again with Poundland

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    What's all this then, is this guy some sort of serial story-teller or something? To be frank, he can't have much in the way creativity if he has to rehash old stories.

If I'm completely honest, it's pretty sad.

Well, if your smartarse comments since you joined are anything to go by, you aint much better.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if your smartarse comments since you joined are anything to go by, you aint much better.

I think if you read most of the comments on this thread they are all onto the OP's game so not best to pick up on just one FM. This OP is a very big Story teller and if truth be told each one is more outrageous than ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I think if you read most of the comments on this thread they are all onto the OP's game so not best to pick up on just one FM. This OP is a very big Story teller and if truth be told each one is more outrageous than ever.

It is not a game. I visited the factory. They have called an emergency meeting of board members to discuss how certain "value" stores are bringing their reputation into disrepute.

All further sales to budget and value stores has been curtailed pending a decision by the board, as they see this as a direct attack on their reputation by a thrid party. I kid you not.

I spoke to Mr. K. Unfortunately I could not get to see the other guy as he was taking a P.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not a game. I visited the factory. They have called an emergency meeting of board members to discuss how certain "value" stores are bringing their reputation into disrepute.

All further sales to budget and value stores has been curtailed pending a decision by the board, as they see this as a direct attack on their reputation by a thrid party. I kid you not.

I spoke to Mr. K. Unfortunately I could not get to see the other guy as he was taking a P.

LOL!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »

I know, I've been reading CC's posts for years and he makes me laugh. He gets stick off certain FM's, but never retaliates.

Anyway, my reply wasn't just to do with this thread, but it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make up a topic that involves 'nuts' and you're onto a winner Chris.

And your alleged response from KP is absolute bull.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

No, lol, East Ham, used to be Woolies.
  • Options
    drw1963drw1963 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Is KP nuts anything to do with the cricketer Kevin Pieterson?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    drw1963 wrote: »
    Is KP nuts anything to do with the cricketer Kevin Pieterson?

No they're owned by Katie Price. Let's face it, she's handled enough nuts to know a good one when she sees one. :D
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Katie price is a nut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they do the same with multi-pack of crisps.
    do not buy pens either as they run out after 2 seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    they do the same with multi-pack of crisps.
    do not buy pens either as they run out after 2 seconds.

Agreed. Also batteries. Don't be tempted by "Look 10 AA's for £1" as they're crap and last about a week, if that. :rolleyes: Same with cheap light bulbs. You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Also batteries. Don't be tempted by "Look 10 AA's for £1" as they're crap and last about a week, if that. :rolleyes: Same with cheap light bulbs. You get what you pay for.
    You may very well have just answered your own question. :cool:
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WELL chris i bought a pk of 6 100 watt light bulbs, i am using one of them now, had been using it now for 3 months, on roughly 5 hours per day.. so very good so far..

batteries, a pack of 12 for a pound, AA, put two in my remote 6 months ago, still working . chris..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WELL chris i bought a pk of 6 100 watt light bulbs, i am using one of them now, had been using it now for 3 months, on roughly 5 hours per day.. so very good so far..

batteries, a pack of 12 for a pound, AA, put two in my remote 6 months ago, still working . chris..

Well you're very lucky. Someone started a thread here about cheap pound shop batteries.
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you're very lucky. Someone started a thread here about cheap pound shop batteries.

Yes and that was for their digital camera.
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    I dont buy food in Poundland for this very reason as I have seen this in the shop before with some foods out of date by a few months.
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are they going to test you for your pretend depression CrazyChris? I'd love them to find all the crap you post on here and force you to get a job rather that taking the piSS out of the welfare system for another 20 years.
  • Options
    Shilo_PittShilo_Pitt Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    It seems you're onto something Chris, judging from what I've been reading....

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/06/21/poundland-fined-24-000-for-food-hygiene-offences/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl4|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D114106

and you can say "I told you so ... !" :);)

ETA: Miss XYZ spotted this first, yesterday. Ooops :o

See the video of the dead mouse in the loaf of Hovis bought from Tescos :eek:
    :yawn: (bleugh!)
    / \
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miles_T wrote: »
    When are they going to test you for your pretend depression CrazyChris? I'd love them to find all the crap you post on here and force you to get a job rather that taking the piSS out of the welfare system for another 20 years.

Please don't bring my personal life in to my threads when they're about something totally different. It's off-topic here, rude, and in future I'll alert such nasty posts by you. :mad:
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't bring my personal life in to my threads when they're about something totally different. It's off-topic here, rude, and in future I'll alert such nasty posts by you. :mad:

So can DS members comment negatively or honestly when you make posts or threads that allude to your employment status, family or undesirable personal habits or bodily functions? Because there is plenty of them
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <Snip>
    Was he nuts? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So can DS members comment negatively or honestly when you make posts or threads that allude to your employment status, family or undesirable personal habits or bodily functions? Because there is plenty of them

Yes of course as it's on topic. The rant from that poster was out of the blue though as this thread has nothing to do with my employment status. It's not nice to have a go at a poster just for the sake of it.
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether any of you know of a store called Fulton's. I'm not sure whether it's a chain of store or just a stand alone shop, but if ever you're unfortunate enough to be in Scunny do not buy there. The frozen stuff is barely in date, but the stuff that's on the shelves is seriously out of date. I was on my way back from a meeting in Scunny about 2 months ago and wanted to grab a drink for the train. I just happened to pop in there (it was the closest place that wasn't too busy) and saw that Powerade drinks were 2 for a quid. I bought 6. When I got home I happened to notice the date on the bottles as I put them in the fridge. The date was October 2011. I had another meeting the following month, and as it ended early enough I decided to take a look in Fulton's just to see whether it was a one off, but most of the stuff on the shelves was out of date and not even marked as such. They also have a meats section in a chiller and thermostat didn't seem to work, and the meat felt warm to the touch, not to mention it looked like something I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy.

I've also been reliably informed by someone who works in trading standards for Lincolnshire that Crawshaws butchers (which I know have more than one store as there's one in Scunny and one close to near where I live in Nottinghamshire) sell out of date pasties quite frequently, and they hide the sell by date by sticking the reduced price sticker over it. Scunthorpe market also has a stall that sells sweets really cheap (£1 for a bag of 10 small Kit-kats for instance) and they're all out of date as well and not marked as such.

I think the fact that the economy is in pretty poor shape is allowing traders to do this. Most people is they'd rather take a loss of a couple of quid than complain to anyone.