Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Fabreeze where they blindfold people and put them in a supposedly dirty tiolet about a foot away from an air freshener and they all say how wonderful it smells.

"Is it passion fruit, yeah" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: god i hate that ad so much. Who guesses passion fruit ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the guy at the end .. oh it's febreeeeze .. so irritating
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    "Is it passion fruit, yeah" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: god i hate that ad so much. Who guesses passion fruit ? :rolleyes:

My favourite is " It smells like Hawaii " :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    There's one that has a REALLY bad 'Sherlock Holme's theme. NO thought has went into getting actors who could at the very least fit the roles of Holmes and Watson. Utterly crap and I cant remember what it's advertising.

Big win there guys!

Damn, you beat me to it and I can't remember what they are advertising either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »

Instead of the Go Compare Man, someone should try and get rid of him!
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Damn, you beat me to it and I can't remember what they are advertising either

I think it was Beechams All in One Ultra. I bet it's the same damn thing as Beechams All in One without the the word 'ultra' on the packaging. Go to hell con artists! :mad:
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITS NOVEMBER! Why are we still seeing Halloween themed adverts from BT and Wowcher?:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was Beechams All in One Ultra. I bet it's the same damn thing as Beechams All in One without the the word 'ultra' on the packaging. Go to hell con artists! :mad:

I think you are right,
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    ITS NOVEMBER! Why am I still seeing Halloween themed adverts from BT and Wowcher?:mad:

Yes indeed, WHY
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    God damn you IKEA:mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    he lost most of his money investing with bernie madoff, so i don't begrudge him trying to make a quick buck!

:confused: Eh ?

Well I say tough luck Bacon :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dsmith10 wrote: »
    Adverts used to be creative back in the day but as of recent years they have gone silly and think they need people like the go compare adverts that shout and act silly. Its just not needed - would be nice to see a bit of thought go into one for a change.

Some adverts I think ... "I wonder what programme trailer this is for" :confused: then find out it's an ad :eek: :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    conceptas wrote: »

He sounds like a bloke that was on Coach Trip ... When Paul and Matt was on the coach .. it felt like forever :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Add me to the list of "haters of the Kevin Bacon ad".. goes on and on and on :yawn: what is the advert even for?

Also the Tesco Christmas adverts, notably the one with the "Hello, is it me, you're looking for.." song.:(
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one with Kevin Bacon was mildly amusing the first time I saw i but has become incredibly annoying already. It's also way too long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I was just coming on to post this one or the one in the charity/Secondhand shop .. saying it stinks .. How rude :mad:
    I thought that..yes in the past some were whiffy but these days majority of charity shops are " professionally" presented. Goes to show that most of these ad-men haven't a clue.
    And..it is obvious that they meant a charity shop even though they call it "second hand".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon - "Connecting your mouse to your front door is our moon landing. Creating Kindle, our 4 minute mile."
    Load of pretentious crap! GO AWAY! :mad:
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iams, in particular the guy at the end saying 'i'm a cat, meooow' has such an irritating voice. I've heard him on something else too.

Like there's anything natural about iams anyway!!
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the Christmas John Lewis advert...they've really gone to town (much like the snowman in the advert); and a girly cover of Frankie's The Power Of Love too :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new M&S Christmas ad. Even worse than last years (if that's possible). About as Christmassy as a muslim terrorist!
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    My favourite is " It smells like Hawaii " :D

Hawaii :confused::confused: who writes the script for these ads ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who remembers the Iceland ad with Jason Donavon and the weird ladies advertising Christmas food that was only a pound. In one ad break, the ad would come on 10 times in a row. It was quite amusing. Also I like the "playing with my friends" IKEA ad. OMG IKEA is amazing but I haven;t been yet. Weird Jenny Saunders choccy philly ad.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    The new M&S Christmas ad. Even worse than last years (if that's possible). About as Christmassy as a muslim terrorist!

Just seen it. It's rubbish. It's christmassy for about 5 seconds then goes all schizophrenic with dodgy disco tunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    twimp2 wrote: »
    Add me to the list of "haters of the Kevin Bacon ad".. goes on and on and on :yawn: what is the advert even for?

Also the Tesco Christmas adverts, notably the one with the "Hello, is it me, you're looking for.." song.:(

Lionel Richie is also in an ad for Walkers crisps :yawn:
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Some adverts I think ... "I wonder what programme trailer this is for" :confused: then find out it's an ad :eek: :mad:

oooh are we allowed to include programme links here too? :D

if so the Jonathan Ross links where the "friends" "interview" the other one on the sofa? for wine i think? they are so badly done the acting is more wooden than hermione grainger.....
    and so badly done I can't even remember which wine it is though think it's a good brand which I probably buy but not because of this.........shame they can't get decent creative agency then.....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw an advert for a Rod Stewart Christmas CD. Piss off until December please! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.