Zendaya and Val appreciation thread

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to be big Derek fan & still admire him as dancer/choreographer but just feel he is so smug & the blatant favouratism he gets with partner allocation put me right off. If he is back for another season i'd really like to see him tested with a not so talented partner.

I'm very hopeful that Val will continue in same vein with future partners as i do think he is a very talented young man/dancer. I understand what you mean about people being more interested in him & Kelly ouside the dance but to be fair to him i do think he taught her lots of dance & even judges commented on how much better a dancer she was than when appeared 1st series & i put that down to Vals teaching skills.

BIB Im not a Derek fan per se but I just think he is a fantastic dancer, choreographer and is a " genius " at this show : because he knows what works and doesnt. And as you suggested, of course it helps that TPTB and the judges favour him which can be really annoying. Im still want him to leave the show though ; Im getting sick and tired of him though :o:o. I thought he left and imagine by surprise and disappointment when I learned that he will be back.

About Kellie and Val...meh still didnt like them last season.. AT ALL. That fake showmance was really a turn off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely Zendaya interview/article.
    http://www.denverpost.com/celebritybuzz/ci_23078629/dancing-stars-zendaya-continues-tear-up-floor

Interesting she says practice 7hrs a day i thought she was restricted to 5hrs but i did laugh at her reaction to seeing pro-dance video of AT & Val telling her thats what she'd be doing.
    She definitely sounds like she is enjoying fact he is pushing her & its definitely working.

PS - do i post this link both here & General DWTS thread. :confused::confused:

both would be nice :). Or maybe if you post another link about her over there some people will say okay enough about Z :mad::D:D:D
    About 7 hours, Im also a bit surprised. Or maybe they are able to cheat ;):D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the interview of Z and Val interview about extra.

http://teeninfonet.com/zendaya-and-val-chat-with-extra-about-dwts/

Only 3 min :confused::confused: oh well at least its something....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww this quote made me chuckle :D:D:D, I love them :D:)

" Val really wanted a lot out of me for that dance. He showed me a video of a professional dancer executing a flip that he wanted me to do. I said, "That's really funny." He said, "No, you're going to do it." Then I said, "Are you crazy?!"

:D at him showing her the video of a couple doing a trick and her laughing saying that its funny. I can only imagine him in a stern, serious voice say that you are going to do it :D

I like how he pushes her and believe in her.Great team/perfect partnership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More cuteness and aww moment from these 2 :).

Z and Val literally brought the roof down with their AT last week. If y'all remember after their dance he held a piece of glass (it was a piece of the mirrorball which fell ) and this is what happened :

" Remember when Val had that piece of glass he gave to Zendaya at the end of the dance? Turned out it was a piece of glass from the mirror ball that had fallen after the dance! He said that he told her, ” here’s a little piece of the mirror ball already.” Or something like that. Haha! I thought that was cool. (All on the DWTS radio) "

Thats what Val said on Dwts radio . I got that quote from one of his blogs ;).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    BIB Im not a Derek fan per se but I just think he is a fantastic dancer, choreographer and is a " genius " at this show : because he knows what works and doesnt. And as you suggested, of course it helps that TPTB and the judges favour him which can be really annoying. Im still want him to leave the show though ; Im getting sick and tired of him though :o:o. I thought he left and imagine by surprise and disappointment when I learned that he will be back.

About Kellie and Val...meh still didnt like them last season.. AT ALL. That fake showmance was really a turn off.

You hit nail on head about Derek he is master at knowing what works & at hiding any of partners flaws. I definitely want him to leave show as then maybe others will get chance of decent partners like Val has this year, still wonder why they didnt put Zendaya with Derek especially as they had met before.

Happy to agree to disagree on Val last season, i know i'm bit bias as have always been a Chmerkovskiy brothers fan. ;);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both would be nice :). Or maybe if you post another link about her over there some people will say okay enough about Z :mad::D:D:D
    About 7 hours, Im also a bit surprised. Or maybe they are able to cheat ;):D:D

Thanks for advice will post on both threads.

BIB Could they cheat as i thought all rehearsals were filmed although i'm sure i read that they dont always practice at DWTS rehearsal space so maybe it is possible. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the interview of Z and Val interview about extra.

http://teeninfonet.com/zendaya-and-val-chat-with-extra-about-dwts/

Only 3 min :confused::confused: oh well at least its something....

Finally we get to see at least part of this interview was beginning to despair it wouldnt be on Youtube.

Really liked that Val was so honest about how he was expecting lots teenage tantrums & how he describes their partnership, they really seem to be on same wavelength about everything & even sense of humour as i did chuckle about when Z said about helping having a female pro as Val can only do so much. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More cuteness and aww moment from these 2 :).

Z and Val literally brought the roof down with their AT last week. If y'all remember after their dance he held a piece of glass (it was a piece of the mirrorball which fell ) and this is what happened :

" Remember when Val had that piece of glass he gave to Zendaya at the end of the dance? Turned out it was a piece of glass from the mirror ball that had fallen after the dance! He said that he told her, ” here’s a little piece of the mirror ball already.” Or something like that. Haha! I thought that was cool. (All on the DWTS radio) "

Thats what Val said on Dwts radio . I got that quote from one of his blogs ;).

Great find & all makes sense now as i have wondered what glass was from as it didnt fit with story of the dance. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Z and Val just look like 2 pro couples on the dancefloor tonight , thats how good there are. I definitely didnt expected 9s and 10s tonight from them

Woah and Val was tougher than usual in rehearsal. I love how when he was throwing fit of rages z just smiles. I would have been scared shitless if he yelled at me like that or yelled back lol

Here is the video btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhZrX7Cbco
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all Z and V dances, this one was more understated imo but still great to watch. I just cant take my eyes off both Z and V when they dance : its magical. Watching them tonight, I felt like I was watching a pro chacha exhibition at a competition :cool::cool::cool:
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo slick I love it !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Soooo slick I love it !!!!

me too sm :) . Their chemistry on the dancefloor is magical. I literally cant take my eyes off of them . They are so in-sync/ so on point aarghhh love them.

And Encore Paso trended worldwide and in the USA so we know who is going to get that encore tomorrow :D:D:D
    Take that Derek and Kellie fans !!!:p

http://instagram.com/p/Ybov7WJmDm/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I haven't watched the other dancers yet but I heard on twitter Len said Kellie's dance was the best of the season Edy do you agree ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I haven't watched the other dancers yet but I heard on twitter Len said Kellie's dance was the best of the season Edy do you agree ?

Nah it wasnt sm. He gave her the 1st 10 but that dance was like any other QS Derek has choreographed in the past imo. It was good but not even 10 worthy imo. Even I was surprised by Z's 10s tonight, but I will take it ;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie is definetly Len's favourite.... Cute Valdaya pic http://instagram.com/p/YbrDDnEkQT/ :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie is definetly Len's favourite.... Cute Valdaya pic http://instagram.com/p/YbrDDnEkQT/ :)

I cant believe Len called that QS the best dance of season 16 :eek::confused::confused:. Even people who dont even like Z disagreed with that statement and said that Z' AT of last week was the best dance of the season so far.
    Im not even going to bother. Its obvious that Derek is Len's favourite pro SMH.
    The blatant bias of these judges is starting to annoy me :mad::mad::mad: .

Very cute pic :). Z is a stunning young lady and very talented :).
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its obvious that Derek is Len's favourite pro SMH

To be fair, he undermarked Nicole Scherzinger throughout Season 10, but I agree, Zendaya's AT remains the dance of the season:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow amazing Cha Cha :) Maybe that's the best of the season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Wow amazing Cha Cha :) Maybe that's the best of the season!

I agree :). Im sold on every one of her dances and thats mostly because of her performance. Her face/body movements always tells a story and I love it.

It looks like a pro competitive chacha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Z and Val just look like 2 pro couples on the dancefloor tonight , thats how good there are. I definitely didnt expected 9s and 10s tonight from them

Woah and Val was tougher than usual in rehearsal. I love how when he was throwing fit of rages z just smiles. I would have been scared shitless if he yelled at me like that or yelled back lol

Here is the video btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhZrX7Cbco

Def turn of Val to get the poor edit, wonder if bosses been reading boards & are trying to show they not favouring Zen/Val. ;):);)

Think their post show interviews clarify & will hopefully stop any grief about Val's outbursts.
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=9075167

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/zendaya-drops-to-third-on-dancing-with-the-stars/2319844985001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Def turn of Val to get the poor edit, wonder if bosses been reading boards & are trying to show they not favouring Zen/Val. ;):);)

Think their post show interviews clarify & will hopefully stop any grief about Val's outbursts.
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=9075167

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/zendaya-drops-to-third-on-dancing-with-the-stars/2319844985001

:D:D:D

Who is going to get the bad edit next week :confused::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, win or lose this competition, this girl is going places, mark my words. ;)

I think their Paso will be fantastic. She was the only real strength in last night's Team Paso, and if she can deliver the intensity that she did in the A. Tango (which I'm sure she can!), they'll nail this!